It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger Shootings - Can we No Longer Control Our Anger?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I had to experience the "no loser" "no score keeping" in children's sports when my kids were growing up. I kept telling my wife, they were setting these kids up for failure, because in the real world, you always have winners and losers.

I recall playing Little League when I was kid and coming in second place when we lost to the team that would win the championship on the last day of the season. It sucked big time but we dealt with it.

It was so much better the following year when we beat them on the last day of the season and won the championship. I do not think I would have appreciated it at all if I got a cruddy participation trophy for being first loser the year before.

I think maybe we should run everyone's children through the Kobayashi Maru just to toughen them up.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
This really has nothing to do with anger so no we can never stop it or control it. It all stems from one statement" there have always been nutters in the world and always will be" and no-one can 1. predict their behaviour and 2. control it, and 3. stop it.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

There certainly is a loss of "manliness" going on in America. There's nothing "manly" about sitting in a cubicle or driving a sensible compact sedan. The means by which the role of the hunter/provider/protector male is shifting.

And then if you throw gender equality into the mix...

Things have changed very rapidly in the last 100 years for men in America. I think there are a lot of men with some serious internal struggle and dissonance of what it means to be a man, and what role they now find themselves in.

Of course, as men -- they'd never admit that ...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
This really has nothing to do with anger so no we can never stop it or control it. It all stems from one statement" there have always been nutters in the world and always will be" and no-one can 1. predict their behaviour and 2. control it, and 3. stop it.

Then add into the mix the fact that a lot of those nutters are armed with guns that give them a perceived sense of power, masculinity and self worth....Houston we have a problem.

www.gunfaq.org...

There are 300 million legally owned guns privately in America with a population of about 300 million people. Who knows how many illegal guns there are in circulation? If ever the SHTF in America; it's gonna get ugly real fast.

And to think some on the ATS boards discuss revolution. More like chaos and anarchy with everyman for himself. Want a glimpse into the future of america? Read "The Road"

edit on 23-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
whaaa?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Society has gotten to the point where some folks cannot distinguish between Grand Theft Auto and reality.

Add a regular dose of Facebook rants, twitter feeds, cyberbullying, mums basement, psychotropics and WaaLaa - 4 year old gets shot and other sad states of affairs.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

the really dangerous ones are the quiet ones.

www.youtube.com...

George Carlin says it better than most.
edit on 23-10-2015 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport There certainly is a loss of "manliness" going on in America. There's nothing "manly" about sitting in a cubicle or driving a sensible compact sedan. The means by which the role of the hunter/provider/protector male is shifting.

And then if you throw gender equality into the mix...

Things have changed very rapidly in the last 100 years for men in America. I think there are a lot of men with some serious internal struggle and dissonance of what it means to be a man, and what role they now find themselves in.

Of course, as men -- they'd never admit that ...

But Mystik, you forget about the Gentry.

Secretly a lot of men dreamed of being of noble birth, inheriting their wealth, status and Manor House. They dreamed of dressing in finery, commanding others to do all the harm work that would prevent them ever getting their hands dirty.

You see this continued dream down through the ages to your new Gentry; your Metro sexuals.

You don't see James Bond playing the role of hunter/provider, at least not as far hunting and providing by bring home food for the table.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It's a more complex form of the same basic instinctual emotions:

1. Power

2. Control

The cave man who goes hunting and provides a dead animal has power and control over those who didn't provide anything. The metrosexual "gentry" man of today uses his wealth and influence to exert power and control.

Same thing, different costume IMO.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

It's the city we live in. It's Albuquerque. Don't forget the next day that other dude shot a cop. But lets not forget about how many people the cops have killed here too. Let's not forget the corruption that runs rampant throughout our city and state governments. Ol lady Duran just resigned today for her shananagans.

It's the city with nearly a million citizens living in or around it. It has no "real" jobs. Those ones have been taken. This city has no major sports franchise. Sure we have the Isotopes, but no NFL,MLB,NHL,MLS, or NBA. Right now, Holly Holm is our pro franchise.

Every single state that surrounds us has more than one pro franchise.

Our world famous International Balloon Fiesta is not for "us". It's for wealthy people from all over the world to show off their new very expensive toys. There here for one week a year. And you know it's losing its appeal.

There is nothing here for us to do here. What, go to the movies again? Go downtown and dodge the cholos and homeless? Go to the mall? Go to Old Town and window shop because you can't really afford anything down there? Go to the Sandias to only go missing?

You can't even go to the city's only water slide unless you are a guest of the hotel.

We live in the desert and we have no water park. We have no Drive In theaters.

We have nothing. Many of us are educated in this city but yet no jobs.

The one thing I noticed was the fact that the car driven in the Lilly murder had a UNM license plate. You have to have a degree from UNM to get one. The guy that killed that little girl either is a UNM graduate or is closely linked to one. Which means, it does not matter anymore. Educated, un educated, rich, poor, black, brown and white. If you live in Albuquerque,Burque,The 505, you are not safe. You have no protection. You have a corrupt police department. You have a Mayor that vetoes the decriminalization of cannabis when the people voted for it to be decriminalized.

The city really sucks. It's the city we live in.

I could go on and on.

edit on 23-10-2015 by galaga because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2015 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

I used to live there, but it was long ago. I have no doubt what you say is true. I'm very sorry.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I used to live there, but it was long ago. I have no doubt what you say is true. I'm very sorry.

Don't be sorry, The Q isn't nearly as bad as Sr. galaga painted it. Not to say we don't have problems but on the
plus side, there is a vibrant arts community with diverse music from Hispanic and Country to avant garde electronica, with plenty of events to play.
A blend of cultures all contributing to the Graphic arts with many galleries supporting the Artistic community.
Plenty of Bars supporting musicians [barely] and the Entertainment industry with 2 very large soundstage studios with a constant stream of movies and TV being shot in NM, providing jobs and hope for many.
Fantastic National parks and Mountains providing all sorts of outside recreation.

Even with all the political corruption, and depressed economy and violence, it's paradise compared to Lubbock or Amarillo.

To me it's still the "Land of Enchantment"

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

Amy lesson imparted by Sir George is a good one.

I'll remember to watch out for loudmouth guys, drunk in bars.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Don't be sorry, The Q isn't nearly as bad as Sr. galaga painted it. Not to say we don't have problems but on the
plus side, there is a vibrant arts community with diverse music from Hispanic and Country to avant garde electronica, with plenty of events to play.
A blend of cultures all contributing to the Graphic arts with many galleries supporting the Artistic community.
Plenty of Bars supporting musicians [barely] and the Entertainment industry with 2 very large soundstage studios with a constant stream of movies and TV being shot in NM, providing jobs and hope for many.
Fantastic National parks and Mountains providing all sorts of outside recreation.

Even with all the political corruption, and depressed economy and violence, it's paradise compared to Lubbock or Amarillo.

To me it's still the "Land of Enchantment"

First. No one ever called it the "Q".

Second. The problem is all the bars.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

But why are people so afraid of offending others? Everyone gets offended. It's not something we can stop. People can be themselves!

Not if peoples cup O' anger is almost always full, the slightest nudge and it spills over.

You never know who you meet all day whether their cup is ready to spill… on you.

I seen some crazy stuff lately, people bashing shopping carts, hit and runs, sudden shouting matches… every bodies cup runneth over.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm sure how people see it depends on other factors, like age, for one. I think my town is great, but there's nothing here for young people.

It's my Land of Enchantment, too.
I don't think I'd love any big city, but I love NM.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hasn't violent crime been on the decline since the early 90's? To me it just seems like we hear about everything with social media and the like becoming so popular.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I don't actually know. I guess my point is not that there's more violent crime, but that people are so angry that they feel murder is the answer to a perceived slight on the freeway, a dice game or something someone said. Coupled with what intrptr said above. People's anger is getting the best of them.

I mean, I can get pretty damn angry, but the thought of getting a gun and killing someone just never occurs to me.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I mean, I can get pretty damn angry, but the thought of getting a gun and killing someone just never occurs to me.

Unlike those ticking time bombs, your saving grace is showing your angry. Thats better than bottling it up. Its okay to be angry, it can even be funny if not directed towards others.

"I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

is there any other type of country? we all have fought since the begining of time, some times we take turns.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join