It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup : Despite Criticism, NRA Still Has Majority Support in U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
Guess I will go on my usual rant, that no one from the pro-gun side has ever answered. I live in an open carry state, my son, open carries at times when I am with him, I have no problem with that. However he had an in-law that felt the need to open carry to a 5 YO's family birthday party picnic at a private home, not in the inner city, something that seemed a bit inappropriate to me.

Maybe. Thats the thing with rights...people use them at inappropriate moments.

2nd question, outside of walking a field looking for game, or all out war, can someone please give me a reasonable cause to open carry long guns?

ETA: Guess I just brought reasonable into the conversation. Hats off to texan, guess that word is used.

So it isn't stolen from your truck,a nd because you can't stash it in your pocket? Not as often as it used to be, but it happens in smaller towns from time to time still.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Polls are an interesting thing, supposedly the pollsters can't call cell phones, so the only folks they can find to poll are old white folks, something tells me this skews the polls.

If true, that is a fanstastic point, and worthy of a conspiracy topic of its own.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
The NRA is just a group of gun and ammunition manufacturers who lobby Congress and spread fear to those who own guns in order to get them to buy more guns and ammo.

Preying on the fears of the weak-minded. I'm all about responsible gun ownership, but put me in the unfavorable column when dealing with the Big Guns N Bigger Ammo lobby.

They also have over five million members. Not advocating a stance but that's a pretty big group compaired to other lobby groups.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think we need the NRA in politics for more than we need big phama companies.

At least the NRA attempts to support the  everyday American  Joe .Big pharma only has there pockets in mind.

Just like trying to negotiate a contacts between a company and a union,once you give it away you cant get it back.

If you get the NRA out of politics and when you realize it was a mistake you cant get them back in.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Guess I will go on my usual rant, that no one from the pro-gun side has ever answered. I live in an open carry state, my son, open carries at times when I am with him, I have no problem with that. However he had an in-law that felt the need to open carry to a 5 YO's family birthday party picnic at a private home, not in the inner city, something that seemed a bit inappropriate to me.

2nd question, outside of walking a field looking for game, or all out war, can someone please give me a reasonable cause to open carry long guns?

ETA: Guess I just brought reasonable into the conversation. Hats off to texan, guess that word is used.

You can take a poop on the bathroom floor and it is legal but that doesn't mean you should do it. Usually the people carrying long guns (outside of a rural area) are those trying to make a point, not for any practical purpose.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vor78

That poll was done the same exact way as this one about the NRA.

I have an issue with only polling 1k people and using that to say what a nation thinks, so I would say both would be suspect.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: buni11687

Favourable or unfavourable statistics aside, debates aside, one thing stands out among all other aspects regarding US citizens and their relationship with the US government vis-a-vis gun ownership and that is:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Now, it is abundantly clear to this poster that the security of a free state is currently being compromised by the US government because the NSA spies, the FBI entraps, the CIA wars and the DHS / domestic law enforcement is upgrading to military grade enforcement - so your freedom is in jeapordy and politicians want to erode the constitution and amendments of inconvenience, so I'll say it again, just to drive it home....

Never before in the history of the United States of America has it been more vital that citizens are armed, because as sure as sh!t, your government wants to fully disarm you - one "restriction" and "mass shooting" at a time, one "comparison to Australia" at a time - FACT.

I'm glad this poll supports the NRA, even though in the big scheme of things, it's irrelevant to what the US governments real modus operandi is in regards to this topic.

Please point me to the website of a well regulated militia. I am not anti gun, am anti idiots owning them. There are too many accidental shootings, suicide by gun, and other gun related injuries in this country. There is a huge difference between a guy smacking his old lady around and emptying a clip in her.

Agreed, it's a culture and mental health issue thing

It's not guns - its culture etc

etc

etc

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Maybe. Thats the thing with rights...people use them at inappropriate moments.

So it isn't stolen from your truck,a nd because you can't stash it in your pocket? Not as often as it used to be, but it happens in smaller towns from time to time still.

Texan, I consider you a very reasonable individual, based on your posts in the past. We live in a fairly large city, no one there but family, to open carry at this event was outside of the norm, at least 4 other folks there had concealed carry permits. Based on this man's attitude, I would say it was a penis extender, and this is where my problem lies.

I have no problem with the open carry of hand guns by responsible folks, I have issues with open carry of long guns, and open carry of penis extenders.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

You can take a poop on the bathroom floor and it is legal but that doesn't mean you should do it. Usually the people carrying long guns (outside of a rural area) are those trying to make a point, not for any practical purpose.

I will give you make a point, but what point are they trying to make? That their junk is small? I am seriously trying to make light of this, I can see no reason outside of hunting or all out war to open carry long guns.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

a reply to: buni11687

Favourable or unfavourable statistics aside, debates aside, one thing stands out among all other aspects regarding US citizens and their relationship with the US government vis-a-vis gun ownership and that is:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Now, it is abundantly clear to this poster that the security of a free state is currently being compromised by the US government because the NSA spies, the FBI entraps, the CIA wars and the DHS / domestic law enforcement is upgrading to military grade enforcement - so your freedom is in jeapordy and politicians want to erode the constitution and amendments of inconvenience, so I'll say it again, just to drive it home....

Never before in the history of the United States of America has it been more vital that citizens are armed, because as sure as sh!t, your government wants to fully disarm you - one "restriction" and "mass shooting" at a time, one "comparison to Australia" at a time - FACT.

I'm glad this poll supports the NRA, even though in the big scheme of things, it's irrelevant to what the US governments real modus operandi is in regards to this topic.

Please point me to the website of a well regulated militia. I am not anti gun, am anti idiots owning them. There are too many accidental shootings, suicide by gun, and other gun related injuries in this country. There is a huge difference between a guy smacking his old lady around and emptying a clip in her.

Agreed, it's a culture and mental health issue thing

It's not guns - its culture etc

etc

etc

You pointed me to no site of a well regulated militia, just more posts of your pro 2nd amendment bull feces. I am not anti gun, I am anti idiots owning them.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

You do realize I'm from Australia yeah?

You do realize that no such website exists yeah?

Whats your point? other than your stance that idiots should not own guns?

My point is, very soon, it will be illegal to own guns in the US so your opinion will see the light of day...unless a well regulated militia is formed.

Propaganda, NSA spying and the DHS will ensure a well regulated militia is NEVER formed.

Am I clear now?

ETA: And those posts were me acknowledging that it's not guns - it's culture and mental health - that has nothing to do with my stance on the 2nd.
edit on 22-10-2015 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's funny; the same people who will talk about reasonable gun laws are the first to claim it is unreasonable to ask for ID to vote. More liberal logic...

If it a reasonable that I need to pass a background check to purchase a firearm, then I think it is also reasonable that voters prove they can legally vote.
edit on 22-10-2015 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

a reply to: BubbaJoe

You do realize I'm from Australia yeah?

You do realize that no such website exists yeah?

Whats your point? other than your stance that idiots should not own guns?

My point is, very soon, it will be illegal to own guns in the US so your opinion will see the light of day...unless a well regulated militia is formed.

Propaganda, NSA spying and the DHS will ensure a well regulated militia is NEVER formed.

Am I clear now?

ETA: And those posts were me acknowledging that it's not guns - it's culture and mental health - that has nothing to do with my stance on the 2nd.

My apologies, with no location listed, I did not realize you were from Australia. It will never be illegal to own guns in the USA, there are too many people that actually rely on them to protect themselves and their livestock. We have some severe cultural issues as well as mental health issues here, they need to be addressed, but the ammosexuals in this country will fight every effort to do that, and the ones that fight it the hardest, are probably the ones that shouldn't be allowed to own firearms in the first place.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's funny; the same people who will talk about reasonable gun laws are the first to claim it is unreasonable to ask for ID to vote. More liberal logic...

If it a reasonable that I need to pass a background check to purchase a firearm, then I think it is also reasonable that voters prove they can legally vote.

I have no problem with voter ID, I have a problem with the state charging for it. 10 dollars for a f'n certified copy of your birth certificate, and another 10 for a state ID, god help women who have ever been married and divorced, it is an f'n nightmare to even renew your driver's license.

ETA: My wife and I are both in 3rd marriages, I go in to renew my drivers license, I need my birth certificate, certified copy, and a piece of mail to me at my address. The wife, birth certificate, marriage license, divorce decree, marriage license, divorce decree, marriage license, and a piece of mail.

Is some one trying to disenfranchise female voters?
edit on 10/22/2015 by BubbaJoe because: it needed to be said

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Just a quick guns stomp tyranny and a little bit a Jesus said if a man has no sword let him sell his outer tunic and buy one...but remamded peter for using his on the roman guards ear.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join