It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

See ya...clock boy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Call me cynical, but clock boy and his headline grabbing family will be no great loss. As the old saying goes "don't let the screen door hit ya in the a$$ on the way out!"

This kid was no great scientific mind, he took the guts out of an old Radio Shack clock and put them in a pencil case to look like a bomb. No great scientific breakthrough here. Then he took it to school and showed it to people, against his science teacher's advice. After being detained and released, Dad (and boy alike) use their new found fame as a pulpit to sully the US public's injustices in the name of education and science, all while seeing what free goodies they can get. When their 15 minutes of fame is up...they leave. (Hope you're happy liberal PC America, but I for one am not mourning the loss of this great "scientific mind")

At his age Einstein wasn't a great scientific mind either. This kid was inquisitive and interested in science. He may not have been very skilled at it but no one starts as a master of any subject. I don't see how a response of "he's no good, lets get rid of him" is in any way desirable.

It's that type of attitude that does far more harm than anything this kid has made or will make.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I do feel sorry for the kid. He was caught up in what was likely his father's war and he honestly thought he was doing science. He now has a warped view of the world, but one that is all too accurate, that all you have to do is go viral to get ahead. It is sad all around

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm not sure what your qualifications are for identifying bombs. That aside, I cant see any reason someone would disassemble a clock and mount it inside a briefcase for any other reason than to utilize it as a trigger mechanism. To set a timer and alarm and scare the pants off an unsuspecting teacher is over the top.

You know who I feel sorry for? The girl who invented a clever way to identify Ebola, but got no press because this d!psh!t "invented" the "Miniature Briefcase Clock".

Thank you for choosing to leave on your own volition, Ahmed. You suck and should apologize to the real inventors for stealing their thunder and replacing it with garbage.

-d

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
I'm not sure what your qualifications are for identifying bombs. That aside, I cant see any reason someone would disassemble a clock and mount it inside a briefcase for any other reason than to utilize it as a trigger mechanism. To set a timer and alarm and scare the pants off an unsuspecting teacher is over the top.

It wasn't in a briefcase though. The picture floating around doesn't convey a sense of scale. His clock fit in a pencil case. If you don't know how big a pencil case is, go put 5 #2 pencils together, that's the size of it. Sure it has a similar shape as a briefcase but the device itself was much much smaller.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Well, a couple things...

First, I very clearly stated in my OP the case was a pencil case, so you're grasping at straws making this clarification this far into this thread.

Second, your size comparison is completely irrelevant when it comes to explosives. Plastic explosives the size of a single #2 pencil you refer to can kill hundreds of people in a confined space like a classroom or auditorium.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join