It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom's Safest Place | My Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My spouse and I are amazed at this video. My spouse's jaw dropped lower and lower as she watched this video for the first time. I firmly belive in the first and second amendments, and this video explains why Both are so important.

You would have to be insane to deny this woman her rights. I have no wish to denigrate anyone's view. I would just like a rational rebuttal.

Can anyone please explain to me why this woman should be thrown out of her home, just because she want some safety?

How could one sleep at night knowing they did this to this woman, MLK would be spinning in his grave.

NRA commercial

edit on 20-10-2015 by thedigirati because: helps to link to the Video

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Links are the traditional method of getting a response.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The video?

Did you change your name?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Pls ignore.
edit on 20-10-2015 by Hecate666 because: testing

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
yep sorry it's up now

(apologies, it's my 23rd Ann. and the wife is just a bit distracting)
edit on 20-10-2015 by thedigirati because: those legs Mama! (beastboy to lady legasus, teen titans)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I would have to see this woman's story to see what actually happened. Who is she? Where is she living? She says "the housing authority" told her if she got a gun, she couldn't live there. But then says, "Now, I have my gun"...

Usually, a housing authority is a state agency. It may be that THEY are in the wrong here. No one should be denied their right to own a gun by a governmental agency.

Do you know more about this story? It's a YouTube video and an NRA ad... Two not-exactly-credible sources. Is she an actress?

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Well then!

Congratulations!

Man....what are you doing with us???!!!

Get busy!!! LOL

P.S. Don't want to get removed so "on topic"...it was an interesting video, not sure how to respond yet..
The NRA COULD have paid her enough to get her out of the projects though!
edit on 20-10-2015 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
According to Fox news "the Five" she is legit, that is all I know for certain, I didn't catch her name in the video, as I said I saw it on FOX. You can make of that what you will.

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

sometimes the journey is as much a reward as the destination

on topic I was more amazed at my spouse's reaction to it, she is the "nice" one, so much so that folks "Hate/love" her. She looked at me and said, "did you see that"? I was a Marine, I protect my wife from the Horrors of "real" life as best I can for she is a rare ray of sunshine. When she can see the hypocrisy, I take note. she is my "barometer"
edit on 20-10-2015 by thedigirati because: for clarity

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I understand where the woman is coming from. I don't live in the nicest neighborhood either, and my town has a very high crime rate. In breaking and entering we are way above the national average, in my neighborhood specifically your annual chance of a break in is 1 in 37 compared to the towns average of 1 in 56. When I goto sleep at night the doors get barricaded and there's a large knife beside me. Unlike this woman I technically have the option of carrying a weapon but in practice I don't have that choice because I can't carry at school, at work, or in most businesses I frequent and I don't really want to either.

In my mind, owning a weapon as protection against the fear of being harmed only serves to reinforce that fear. When I am at home, and especially when I am asleep I am always conscious of a weapon being nearby and why I may want to have it. Without a weapon, I don't have that reminder and can go about my business unafraid.

There's actually a good amount of gun control that I agree with, particularly with hand guns. On the other hand, I see zero problem with someone wanting some home security and am massively pro weapons that are better in that context. The housing authority here that is banning that woman from owning a gun is 100% in the wrong.
edit on 20-10-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

(apologies, it's my 23rd Ann. and the wife is just a bit distracting)

Sorry all for going off topic, but congrats to you and the Mrs an your 23rd. My better half and I are celebrating our 20th later this week. Congrats again.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

you might consider a Martial arts class, or Tai Chi, either one will work to help gain knowledge of self defense. They will both make you get into better shape as well as teach you what you are capable of. I was lucky, I joined the Marines and was sent to Hawaii. I met quite a few good martial arts teachers both in and out of the military.

top topics

join