It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare fines to double. Supporters see this as a good thing.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Obama administration urged to feature $695 penalty in its pitch for 2016 health law sign-ups

WASHINGTON (AP) — The math is harsh: The federal penalty for having no health insurance is set to jump to $695, and the Obama administration is being urged to highlight that cold fact in its new pitch for health law sign-ups.

...in 2016, the penalty for being uninsured will rise to the greater of either $695 or 2.5 percent of taxable income.

Marketing usually involves stressing the positive. Rising penalties meet no one's definition of good news. Still, that may create a new pitch:

"Given that the penalty is larger, it does make sense to bring it up more frequently," said Ron Pollack, executive director of Families USA, a liberal advocacy group. "It's an increasing factor in people's decisions about whether or not to get enrolled."

This year was the first time the IRS collected the penalties, deducting them from taxpayers' refunds for the 2014 tax year in most cases. Some 7.5 million households paid penalties totaling $1.5 billion, an average of $200 apiece, according to preliminary IRS data.

$1.5 billion wasnt enough for the Federal Reserve's IRS. They wont be happy until the tax slaves (thats you and me) are completely broke.

Its the GREATER of $695 or 2.5% of your taxable income. So the tax slave will be robbed of AT-LEAST $695.

But wait, it gets better. Someone making $28,000/year will pay $700. Thats the threshold, $28,000 a year and it goes up from there...

So a fat cat making a whopping $28,000 a year can either be robbed of an additional $700 (plus all the other income taxes) or "willingly" buy an insurance plan for $1500 with a $5,000 to $10,000 deductible...

And the Supreme Fraud, I mean court, upheld this nonsense.

Families USA says this new penalty should be promoted: either pay this new giant fine or go into further debt to buy substandard "health care" "coverage"...

Really America?

edit on 19-10-2015 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Niiiice!! Thats how you do it! Enforce it, embrace it and let everyone enjoy it

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere
Good find and OP, thank you for this. F+S.

Since I am retired now and well below the income threshold,
it's almost like I have two sets of fangs now. Being the most
in need of any of us and too poor to buy in, I would love to
see some IRS agent attempt to garnishe' my Social Security
annuity. Performance bonds would spontaneously combust
all the way to Zurich. All that even before I release the cracker.

Just the same-- and with basic coverage as rediculously
expensive as is, opting out even at double slam OhHurtMe
is still quite a palatable alternative. I'm sure others by their
personal examples agree with me. Now come and take it laddie.

edit on 19-10-2015 by derfreebie because: retirement income is legally not revenue under blah-blah

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I just learned of another "Problem" with this wonderful program, tied to the IRS.
Apparently, if you don't file taxes, you lose your subsidy. Because they don't tell you that you have to fill out some other form. So then you have to re-apply.

So much for HELPING the poor.

What a disaster.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I don't know or care what "Obamacare" is.
I don't watch much television.
I'm going to be fined for not having health insurance?
Is that the basic idea?
If so, then screw the whole bunch.
I reserve my right to die as Nature intends.
I can set my own broken bones and stitch my own wounds.
If I need drugs, I can get them cheaper on the black market.

+20 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
This continues to be a large joke. Out of curiosity, I checked the BCBS site the other day to see what I might be able to get for "insurance".

Single option (just me) is $346.70 a month. Kind of high, compared to the $175 it was before Oblowme care. But what exactly do I get for $365 a month? Nothing. I get to pay out of pocket for everything until I reach my deductable.($5500 in-network / $11,000 out-of-network)

Network Broad network, Find a Doctor
Primary Care Office Visits 0% coinsurance in-network / 30% coinsurance out-of-network
Prescription Drugs 0% / 0% / 0% / 0% / 0% Find a Drug
Prescription Deductible Integrated
Deductible $5500 in-network / $11,000 out-of-network

And since it's not really an affordable option to pay this extortion fee, now I get to look forward to a larger fine.

And this is the legacy Barrack Hussein Obama is leaving behind.

Nice job Barry.
edit on 19-10-2015 by network dude because: fixed

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Is that the basic idea?

Yup.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I don't know or care what "Obamacare" is.
I don't watch much television.
Is that the basic idea?
If so, then screw the whole bunch.
I reserve my right to die as Nature intends.
I can set my own broken bones and stitch my own wounds.
If I need drugs, I can get them cheaper on the black market.

That's the idea. Theoretically, Obamacare would only work if *everyone* who could afford to do so, would pay insurance.
Then the insurance companies could in theory afford to pay for those who couldn't never afford insurance.
But some doctors, pharmaceutical companies and HMO's all saw an opportunity to raise their prices. They actually ended up being banned from participating in Obamacare, so everyone else had to pick up the slack. By the time the insurancecompanies found out how many could afford Obamacare, and how many treatments were required, they had to
raise the deductibles for all the different tiered pricing.

They have to fine those who don't have health insurance in order to make the system pay for itself.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's messed up. Last month I damn near chopped my finger off. I got 15 stitches and the bill was three grand.

If I had a affordable care policy, I still would have been out of pocket for the bill. Nice huh? Pay damn near four hundred a month for a policy and still pay 100% of my hospital bill.

And since I don't like, nor can I afford this BS, I'm a racist hater. Classy!

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
It's messed up. Last month I damn near chopped my finger off. I got 15 stitches and the bill was three grand.

You should have mailed the finger to yourself with a ransom note. You could have used the money to pay for the medical bills.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Damn, I miss Doc Ward.
He was the local veterinarian.
I did work for him on the side for free.
If I got busted up bad enough to need a doctor, I could go to him.
He helped me with a broken wrist that I couldn't handle myself.
Anyone who becomes a doctor to get rich is a bag of shiite in my book.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What a disgusting situation.

I wish people would collectively ignore it. There would be nothing the feds could do.

I often hear stories about 0bama Care's imminent "death spiral". I wonder how accurate those reports are. It can't happen soon enough.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Aren't taxes paid to the IRS?

Why are we paying a tax to an insurance company?

And I'm very shocked that NO REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE is running on an eliminate Obamacare platform.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Not paying the fee is not an arrestable offense. What they can and will do is confiscate any monies you may have when doing your taxes but they cannot arrest you or freeze/go after your accounts (IE put a lien on it).

At least, that is what I understood as far as repercussions. Could be wrong thou, the reading in it is convoluted on purpose.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Calm down....stop worrying. When Hillary is installed as Potus, single-payer will be put in.

You won't have to pay insurance premiums; you won't have health care that works, but at least you won't die broke!

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am just waiting for the enumerated power or amendment to the Constitution to be pointed out that allows the Federal Government to require an individual to purchase anything. Until then it is all bluff and bluster as I can point out several places that are enumerated that would make it illegal.

And I can point out that the Second Amendment means that I don't have to sue or even inform a domestic enemy what could happen if they forcefully try to violate guaranteed rights. Afterall, ignorance of the law is no excuse, right?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Calm down....stop worrying. When Hillary is installed as Potus, single-payer will be put in.

You won't have to pay insurance premiums; you won't have health care that works, but at least you won't die broke!

Don't you mean Bernie?

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'll be paying that penalty again this year. Probably double actually as I didn't have insurance last year and they didn't seem to fine me anything for it. I'm sure they'll "notice" that and tack it on to the annual "Remember that free loan you gave us throughout the year...now pay US for it" season

Was REALLY hoping this would all be cleared up and gone before the penalties got too high, but it's not looking like thats going to be the case.

Would love some universal healthcare, if only we didn't America it up and screw everybody over besides insurance companies.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: TonyS

Don't you mean Bernie?

Poor Bernie, the Clinton "machine" will chew him up and spit him out plus.....he isn't the MSM preferred candidate. CNN has spent the better part of the last two weeks pimping Clinton. Bernie won't even be remembered.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

You poor poor child....have a seat, we need to talk...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join