It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creationism SHOULD be taught in school. ( alongside science theories! )

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
80% of the population of the world have some sort of religious belief system.

Religion is the biggest mass hysterical lie in the history of humankind.

The rest of us that have a belief system that does NOT include a higher power but instead relies on observed facts get ridiculed because people who have nothing but FAITH to back them up don't want to be seen as different from the rest of the herd.

There's a reason that people in religions are called "flocks". They're all sheeple hoping that there is more meaning in death other than "life ends".

You're here, then you die. That's it. When you accept that, you'll be a lot happier.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK
Are we still talking about this.....??

There is NO God.......whether Budda, God with a beard, Mohammed with a bigger beard or a.n.other man made creation......

OP - you asked for proof from anyone on ATS being 'several billion years old'.....?

In return can you offer me any proof of a divine being or God enabling creationism......?

The sooner you divorce politics and religion from ones life then the simpler and better LIFE becomes....

Regards

PDUK

You so sure ??

Looks like science would be looking for its existence if it wasn't for the religions already claiming it does.

Science looks for all kinds of things that do not exist, and have never been seen, or even can be theorized properly about, why not bitch at that , so we can actually look for WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON.

Cripes, it is like going back to the stone age, the mentality that you actually know something more than anyone before.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Evolution, and creationism should be taught in the same classroom as these are both the most widely accepted theories on how the world came about

And in a Galaxy far far away..

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Sure you will, I haven't seen any evidence of that being true.

But you can program your brain to accept anything at all and be happier.

Ya bro! we exist here because of nothing, and for nothing, and I know this to be true because.............

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: deadlyhope

The scientific theory does not say that everything came from nothing. The only people i hear say that is creationists who don't like science. Perhaps you should learn the actual scientific theory before you go bashing it?

YES IT DOES.

You can say that it does not all you want, but the entire basis of it DOES.

Why are you so bound by caring what the scientific theory is anyways ??

What RULE and LAW says that anyone needs to accept this belief, this system ??

And why do you need to believe that it is true ???

WHY DO YOU NOT SEE IT AS JUST ANOTHER RELIGION, THAT IS BEING PRESENTED TO YOU.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So, back when "everything came from nothing" was popular, that wasn't vague?

That's extremely vague and unscientific. It's just a scapegoat to say "well we don't know.."

Tell me then, what the creation of the universe should look like on paper, for a kid to learn?

There's many theories, even in" science" on how the universe came about.

why is it no one ever does their research before posting these threads?

we just went over this topic with randy, the lamb, servantofthelamb, edmc, and a few others who have similar difficulty absorbing information and a similar habit of blaming it on someone else.

creationism is a hypothesis, not a theory, and it should be taught in specialized schools or facilities not relied upon for general education, if it is taught at all. keep creationism in sunday school and we will keep evolution in actual school.

So you actually believe, that SCIENCE will one day figure out everything, including the appearance of everything, that leads to everything, and it will be accepted inside of the OBSERVABLE REALM.

No matter what any of you say, your scientific theory system, is not ever going to ever going to get close to the answers, inside the system you are using all of it is IMPOSSIBLE.

It is beyond a waste of time, to consider or study anything presented in the schools, since absolutely NONE of it is accurate, and changes all the time.

Why in the WORLD is it of any interest to guess and use such a hampered analysis set that clearly has eyes for only some things,

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

You can change my mind by showing me that the science of how to universe was created is confirmed, and should be seen as fact, rather than a belief itself.

If you Google how the universe was created, you get many, many answers - even differing in the science community.

So I have a question for everyone, which version should we be teaching in schools?

Big bang?
Steady state?
Oscillating universe?
Eternal inflation?
Bulk universe?

Or one of the many other beliefs that some scientists hold?

Realize some of these ideas are based on quantum theories and not at all proven by anything factual, but by a number of guesses, or, better put, beliefs.

It is truly the weirdest belief system I have yet encountered, one that accepts its FACTS will change UTTERLY at any moment, and yet is inherently CORRECT all of the time.

I actually think this is WORSE than all the others combined, we shall soon see what comes of it.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I love how there are sites for creationists to run to when the come up against a hard argument. This particular site tells creationists exactly what to say when asked with the question "who created God?"

So a more sophisticated questioner might ask: ‘If the universe needs a cause, then why doesn’t God need a cause? And if God doesn’t need a cause, why should the universe need a cause?’ In reply, Christians should use the following reasoning:

Everything which has a beginning has a cause.1
The universe has a beginning.
Therefore the universe has a cause.

creation.com

Can't have people questioning things on their own!

I love how people who say science knows better actually have the same theories held cornerstone, except it does not exist, and yet does, and should have no name to it.

Its the NAMING that bothers them.

Never mind no one asks how can Universes Work, and create themselves without first being something.

You run into the exact same questions yet you think you are on some other track LOL.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So why are the scientists beliefs being taught at school, on a topic like creation of the universe? It's as much magic, mysticism, and a belief as anything else. No way we could actually know how it began.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Well when humans didn't understand something, we historically invented some kind of story to explain it. In the earliest days it was sun/moon worship -- later multiple gods responsible for every aspect of the world around us. There would be a god for rain, fire, good fortune, ect. . .

As we evolved, so did our 'gods' into one monotheistic deity. This is the natural progression of things, and eventually monotheism will be replaced by something else.

We now know that we can "poke" at things we don't understand with repeatable, reproducible experiments to learn more about our world (science) in order to expand our understanding. We no longer are beholden to invent myths, stories, and gods to explain that which is unknown.

LMAO.

Are you actually saying that this is not EXACTLY what "scientific theory" is ??

Whomever is brainwashing these masses has way better tech than they were using before, they just blindly accept whatever myths, stories, and science that comes along.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

It is very odd that their "facts" change constantly.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
So many here preach acceptance of others, acceptance of other beliefs and personal expression. But when you suggest teaching about every belief and leaving the student to make up their own mind...NO WAY! You can't teach something other than what I believe...you can't offer a different perspective than MINE!

This isn't about two equal "perspectives", beliefs or opinions. One is science, the other is religion. I am totally accepting of people who believe in the religious stuff. I support individual's freedom of religion and expression. That doesn't mean everyone's beliefs should be taught in public schools.

Schools should teach science and parents should teach opinions, beliefs, religion, etc.

Well, we need another option then, cause science has not gotten anywhere farther and WILL not actually get to anything interesting.

Science and religion, both used to ensure no one will ever know.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

No, what's odd is that you can't wrap your thick head around simple concepts, being so obviously simple yourself.
Facts change in science as new information becomes available.
That's how science works, its been explained to you primitives ad nauseum and you still come up with some idiocy to prove your point, which it never does.
Science=learning
Religion=atrophy of thought
Clear enough for you?
Doesn't matter anyway, your fantasy crap is never going to be taught in schools, you lost, get over it, or pray, or whatever, but just stop trying to get the critical progressive thinkers of the world to buy your snakeoil.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Science has gotten very far, people just like to distort what science is saying.

Religion told us that the earth is young, flat and the sun revolved around it.
All that easily shown false today.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'd like to know where this god is.
I've read that back in the day he was everywhere, smiting entire cities, performing miracles, etc...
Now nothing.
Where did he go?
The world is more frakked than it ever was back then...almost like they are just made up myths to scare people into complying with their leaders..

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Magic SHOULD be taught in school. ( alongside science theories! )

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Creationism isn't a widely accepted scientific theory. Sorry you are wrong. Creationism as far as science is concerned is a hypothesis, and a rather flimsy one at that. Science isn't religion and religion doesn't belong in a science class. If you want to teach your kids to deny science, then do it, but creationism is NOT a valid alternative to evolution as far as science is concerned. So it shouldn't be in a science class.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Which Creationism are you talking about exactly? There is a creationist account for every religion in the world. Heck some religions (like Christianity) have multiple interpretations of that Creationist account too. How exactly would a class even address all of those accounts?

I agree, creationism is not science, and there is zero chance that it actually happened without evolution. It belongs in a religion class or a history class. I agree that it would be interesting to learn all of the different tales about how the Earth was made, there are multiple interpretations just from Christianity's perspective. But this would probably be an elective class for those who are interested in learning about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It is very odd that their "facts" change constantly.
Name something that has changed.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK
Are we still talking about this.....??

There is NO God.......whether Budda, God with a beard, Mohammed with a bigger beard or a.n.other man made creation......

OP - you asked for proof from anyone on ATS being 'several billion years old'.....?

In return can you offer me any proof of a divine being or God enabling creationism......?

The sooner you divorce politics and religion from ones life then the simpler and better LIFE becomes....

Regards

PDUK

You so sure ??

Looks like science would be looking for its existence if it wasn't for the religions already claiming it does.

Science looks for all kinds of things that do not exist, and have never been seen, or even can be theorized properly about, why not bitch at that , so we can actually look for WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON.

Cripes, it is like going back to the stone age, the mentality that you actually know something more than anyone before.
What is it that science is looking for that doesn't exist? Lets not play the pronoun game. Say what you mean clearly.
edit on 17-10-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
as long as it is alien creationism alongside the Electric Universe Theory I'm fine with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join