It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic extremists release video of captured western hostages in the Philippines

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
link

The hostages were abducted by Islamist extremists from a resort on Sept. 21 Four people abducted by an Islamist extremist group in the Philippines have pleaded with Filipino and foreign authorities to end military operations in the region and begin negotiating their release, Reuters reports. The pleas come in a video uploaded to YouTube and some Islamist websites. The footage is the first to be made of the four — two Canadians, a Filipino, and a Norwegian — since they were abducted from a resort on the Filipino island of Samar on Sept. 21.

“We beseech the Canadian government to please, please help us, and the Philippine government to help us by stopping all of the military operations that have been going on,” one man, who identifies himself as Canadian John Ridsdel, says. A man identifying himself as Canadian Robert Hall says that he is “okay, but… in grave danger.” The video concludes with an unidentified militant informing his audience that negotiations for the hostages’ release could only take place once all demands were met. The Filipino government refused to comment on the video, while a Canadian foreign ministry spokesman told Reuters that the government was “pursuing all appropriate channels to seek further information.”

The video

Here we go once again, western hostages are taken hostage in the Philippines, by you guessed it the religion of peace.

The hostages are under threat and duress and forced to condem their nations, and I don't want to say it but in all likelyhood these are the faces of the next victims of Islamic extremism;that is growing and strengthens as time goes on. I do not believe in God, but if there is one, I pray for these victims,this is disgusting how often do we have to see this to realize we are at war? How can people honestly justify these actions, how can you compare America and the west and say we are of the same caliber that we get what we deserve? Do these men and women deserve to die? No they don't!

This is a side issue and has always been, all super powers engage in seriptious activitie,all in the name of their own interests, does this make it right? No absolutely not, what it comes down to is,I stand here with the west, and others who hate the west stand elsewhere that's it, that's the defining line.

These people do not deserve to die, and likely they will in a gruesome manner, on display for all of us to see. We are at war, and we must do anything we can to destroy those who wish death upon us. That's where I stand.

edit on 14-10-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I'll say and risk the wrath;

Not all Muslims are terrorists

BUT

By far, most terrorists are Muslim.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Islam is a religion of peace. Just like Judaism (ask a Palestinian) and Christianity (shout out to the crusades, the witch trials, the spanish inquisition..yada, yada, blah, blah, blah.)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Anger isn't enough of a word to describe my feelings right now.
How many poor innocent people we will let to be killed n tortured by these paranoid religious lunatics, before the whole world steps in? islamic state should disappear from this planet and their supporters are also guilty of their crimes.
enough is enough.....

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
And western countries are trying to get Philippines to take in more Muslims from "Syria".

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

In the context of the here and now, all but the Israel occupation (which I don't take sides in that issue) are completely irrelevant. It's an attempt to say oh look everyone's #ed, no see,Christians aren't cutting off heads and engaged in genocide and ethnic cleansing. So, I appreciate your attempt to make comparisons, but you are wrong,and seemingly diverting, I don't really understand this mentality, can you explain further? It seems like a nihilistic everything is meaningless idea, but I wonder if you support the actions of Russia, I wonder where you stand as an individual on the world affairs, would you define that as well? I think that relevant to.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Most of these terrorists organisations are run or financed by Saudis, and fall into the same wahhabist / salafist thrive.

That said, few days ago the Saudi clerics declared Jihad against Russia for fighting ISIS in Syria. Saudi clerics declare jihad against Russia

It is more than obvious Saudis are the core of the issue here. Why not wack them off from this planet?
edit on 14-10-2015 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Further information

link

MANILA (Reuters) - The Philippine army on Wednesday rejected demands by Islamist militants to start negotiations for the release of three abducted foreign tourists and a Filipino woman and halt an offensive on a remote southern island.

"There is no negotiation that can be made with any of those who are perpetrating this crime," military spokesman Colonel Restituto Padilla told a press briefing at the main army base in Manila. "We cannot, as of the matter, discuss operational details, but we can assure you the safety of the hostages is always foremost in our minds."

Well there we have it, may they show mercy on these poor people. Will they? I think we've all seen this routine and we know how this story ends. # the Islamic extremists any supporter quiet or otherwise, # them and the horse they rode in on.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

I don't disagree with you, I am #ing ashamed to be "allies" with Saudi. Let's wipe them off the map too!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Why hasn't IS been wiped out already? Surely the Western World, and the Eastern come to that, have got the technology, the nous and the manpower to have exterminated this threat by now.

Then again, perhaps this is all by design and TPTB actually benefit from the situation.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The Philippine army and national police have been fighting the war on terror for years, mostly under the radar. They're good, and they get a lot of clandestine help from the US and a few other western special operations groups.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. They've been kicking the crap out of Abu Sayyaf for a while now. They have the skills and tools for hostage rescue, so that's certainly a viable option.

ETA - there's also a communist rebel group that operates in the southern part of the Philippines. Other sources are saying it may be a group called NPA. So it's not, as far as I can tell, confirmed to be Islamic extremism. I don't know which articles came first.
edit on 14-10-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

With all my heart i hope you are right.

ETA watch the video...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Put it this way: I'm familiar.

They're not the SAS but they're far from Angolan national guard.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Desperate times for these people's family and friends worrying about them.

I do think that we are far too soft with islamic militants and we need to react to their behaviour in a stronger way than we have been doing. If the authorities know who these people are then they need to take action against the families of these terrorists by arresting them and if the terrorists carry out their murder then the seizure of all assets and deportation of the families of the terrorists could be considered - all men have mothers and fathers etc if these are likely to be made to suffer perhaps attitudes might change.

If we continue doing what we are doing these people will continue doing what they are doing.

Although this is taking place in the Philippines the Saudis have been exporting as fast as they can their interpretation of islam and its pretty well accepted they help fund al qaeda so we really do need to speed up our reliance on other resources than saudi oil. Its not acceptable for Saudi to fund these atrocities whilst they all sit on their f-t backsides safely at home.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Islam is a religion of peace. Just like Judaism (ask a Palestinian) and Christianity (shout out to the crusades, the witch trials, the spanish inquisition..yada, yada, blah, blah, blah.)

Yah, including the title, "Islam and extreme" are associated three times in the first paragraph. Knowing kidnapping is a crime carried by criminals, but we are to believe they aren't lying about their religion, too? Like comparatively, waging unjust war and decapitating whole nations is alright.

Radical extreme Islam Jihad is-ists… wash, rinse, repeat.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Are you really trying to say these are not Islamic extremists! Really! Reel that neck in son.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Are you really trying to say these are not Islamic extremists! Really! Reel that neck in son.

Their crime is kidnapping, not "Islam".

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Their crime is kidnapping, not "Islam".

Isn't this just semantics? They are Islamic Extremists kidnapping and possibly killing in the name of Islam. Or have I misunderstood?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
You know the difference between moderate islam and extremism?

Extremist want to kill everyone now, moderates are on the fence about when to start the purge.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

oh ok, just criminals argument. Failing to recognize the blanket religion that spawns these nut bags faster than rabbits can multiply. The whole Allah Akbar thing at the end is just a technicality, you know, and also the genocides, and rapes, and child marriages, and atrocity's committed against women. Not religious at all, nope just criminal. I suppose the form of execution upon hostages isn't religious either, you know lopping off their #en heads on H.D T.V nah that's just criminals doing what criminals do. Do you see how much mental gymnastics come into play for you to settle on this view? I don't even know what to say. This kind of willful ignorance, cannot be argued against, you stand where you stand, that cant be changed.I disagree with you with every bone in my body and i want you to be aware of that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join