It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic extremists release video of captured western hostages in the Philippines

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That was some hella focus. But since you waxed hyperbolic about every parade in the world…

People bow their head in church to "pray" and stand at the ball game for the anthem. According to you, they all have deep spiritual and nationalistic fervor.

Lets come back down to earth, This video is "news" not because of kidnapping (how many were there yesterday), but because some criminals claim to be Muslim.

You are entitled to your beliefs.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAnarchist

You think these lunatics are laying down their lives in the name of furthering covert Western interests, and not their God? Are you really that naive?

The naivety lies with those who believe criminals when they say they do it for god or allah, whatever.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

thanks for trolling the bat# out of my thread…

Threads belong to the membership of ATS, not whomever starts them. Everyone has access, everyone has a say.

Calling people troll because they don't agree… is trolling.

edit on 14-10-2015 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: TechniXcality

one point my grandfather was asked how we could win Vietnam, (he was a captain in the special forces and had done 3 tours already) he said that unless we are willing to use the same and worse tactics as our enemies we will not win.

Your grandfather is a terrorist then. Not trying to derail this thread,just pointing out hypocricy of the western world. It's all fine when we bomb the crap out from Vietnam to Iraq to Libya, but when some goathumpers take few hostages than its like the end of the world. more violence will solve every problem,typical american approach

Violence solves all kinds of problems. Hugs only solve some.

Yes because violence and hugs are only way to solve problems,there is nothing inbetween. Please. We are against torture yet we torture people to get info. We call others terrorists yet we terrorize other nations by bombing them,overthrowing their governments,freezing their assets and whatnot.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
Relious islamic fanatics are all make believe u say then? Just because they fight for us intrest does not mean they wont do anything in their power to have islam dominate, bye bye women and gay rights and democracy and science and there are millions of them.

it seems the religion of peace strikes again!

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

According to me? Please, quote where I said that.

People bow their heads in church because it's what's expected of them. People, some of them anyway, stand during the national anthem because it's expected of them.

People don't wave Islamic flags and shout Islamic slogans and phrases in hostage videos because it's expected of them. People don't march in gay pride parades because it's expected of them.

Nice try.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

one point my grandfather was asked how we could win Vietnam, (he was a captain in the special forces and had done 3 tours already) he said that unless we are willing to use the same and worse tactics as our enemies we will not win.

Your grandfather is a terrorist then. Not trying to derail this thread,just pointing out hypocricy of the western world. It's all fine when we bomb the crap out from Vietnam to Iraq to Libya, but when some goathumpers take few hostages than its like the end of the world. more violence will solve every problem,typical american approach

Violence solves all kinds of problems. Hugs only solve some.

Yes because violence and hugs are only way to solve problems,there is nothing inbetween. Please. We are against torture yet we torture people to get info. We call others terrorists yet we terrorize other nations by bombing them,overthrowing their governments,freezing their assets and whatnot.

Ahhh I see, you're one of those that thinks one can't recognize evil if one lives in a country that has done evil things. Sorry, I never tortured anybody or froze anybody's assets, so I feel like I can say "yep that guy is a terrorist and tortures people." Whatever flag he happens to fly.

Fairly certain this thread is about some folks that got kidnapped in the Philippines. If you want to rant about how terrible America is, start your own thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

People bow their heads in church because it's what's expected of them. People, some of them anyway, stand during the national anthem because it's expected of them.

You got it, its a false front.

Used by thugs to misrepresent their true intentions and by the west to promote endless war, ostensibly labeled a "war on terror".

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
On the tail end of my 3-week stay here in Phili and at the moment I'm in General Santos City, Mindanao, about 125km from Samal Island -- the place where the hostages were taken.

Rumour has it that the kidnappings were made in order to deter the Davao mayor, Duterte, from running for president in 2016. This is because he is tough on crime, wholly uncompromising and quite popular throughout the Philippines. As such, any 'negotiations' under a Duterte presidency would likely not go as propitiously for the jihadists as they may have in the past. And if there is in fact truth to this rumour, it worked -- Friday (today) is the cut-off point for nominating and Duterte's last message (Wed) was that he would not run.
(*The current president, Acquino, made a peace pact with the MILF (Moro Islamic Liberation Front) rebels in 2014, but splinter groups still exist).

NB: A bus bomb when off in Gensan, Marbel - en route from a moslem-populated region - about a week ago. No foreigners were involved, nor deaths any reported, and so the incident was summarily blacked out in the media -- a common practice in the Philippines. Similar such IED-type are devices are often found in the southern Philippines. However, a kidnapping in the region that this latest one occurred, had not happened since the early 2000's.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dezertdog
a reply to: TechniXcality

Foreign tourists who visit the Philippines are made well aware of the risks associated with travel in the southern regions especially the Muslim Autonomous Region.

Aw yes, the good old Muslim terrorists will be Muslim terrorists argument (boys will be boys), another intresting way of justifying their actions, I disagree these people were stolen from a resort and now held as a political chess piece by Muslim extremists and if they can't get their demands reached, which they won't because they are completely insane demands, like," oh yea, stop attacking us so we can gain more ground and attack you" type demands. Then they will cut their heads off and film it also as a political move for their insane religious beliefs. But hey Muslim terrorists will be Muslims terrorists shucks .

Whoa! Slow your roll Tech.

Just how did you come to the conclusion my post is " justifying their actions" ?!

Maybe you read only the first paragraph and made assumptions? IDK.

Staying at a resort doesn't qualify a tourist with immunity from risk of being kidnapped, actually quit the opposite.

Resorts in these regions are prime sources of Intel for kidnappers allowing them to pick and choose victims that best fit their agenda. A resort will give you up to these criminal gangs rather than face retribution. Because, if you think about it, tourist's visit then leave, the resort has to live with these thugs 24/7/365.

This has been going on in the Southern Philippines for decades, long before alCIAda, isis, isil, Afghanistan, Iraq whatever.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Islam is a religion of peace. Just like Judaism (ask a Palestinian) and Christianity (shout out to the crusades, the witch trials, the spanish inquisition..yada, yada, blah, blah, blah.)

But Christians and Jews who are extremists are not beheading people here in the 21st century, unlike the Muslim extremists.
Witches were burned alive by Christians in the 1600s, Muslims burn people alive nowadays. Muslims still live in the Iron Age.
They're not fit for modern society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join