It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could make an alarm do this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hello ATS'ers

Since moving in to a new house I haven't had anything paranormal happen. It use to happen occasionally at my mums until I left, and a lot of the time at my nans when I was a child.

Today I was just sitting on the sofa and I didn't really think much of it but my cat's toy sprung back and fourth. The toy would actually have to be pulled back or pulled someway to be sprung, if you know what I mean? anyway, I brushed it off.

30 seconds after my Bell Alarm goes off. you know the bell alarms that you use to wake you up. not a fire or burglar alarm. I pressed the snooze button at the top and then realised the battery wasn't in it and neither was the button switched up for the alarm to be on..

I don't know what to make of it....

weird!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
That's pretty spooky... No batteries and the alarm still went off?

Can you feel like there is something in the house with you? Or does it just feel normal?

Let us know if anything else strange occurs.

I've never experienced such a thing myself, for which I'm glad...lol. I'm curious to know what it is. A ghost or such.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BloodSister

Pretty cool. It kind of gets your attention, don't it? Especially when two events occur that close together and seemingly, impossible. First you have to rule out all the other possibilities…

My brother use to live in a haunted house. Before he sold it, I occasionally stayed there, watching the house and dog for him while they were on vacation. One time…

on the last day of a five day adventure there (something weird happened every day), I set the house alarm and drove home. The alarm won't set if theres a door or window open, it arms from the inside, you have sixty seconds to leave, there is an audible bell that will sound and link to a monitoring company.

So I set it just like always, left and drove home. Wen I got home they had called from their hotel 400 miles away saying the alarm company had called them because the alarm had been tripped. I knew right away what it was, but was asked to go back and check, otherwise the police would be notified, as they had been several times before, and if they showed up, my brother had been informed, and it turned out to be another false alarm, there would be a hefty fine.

So now I got to go back and enter the house, disarm the alarm, which I do, and I get a call from my brothers wife, who tells me thy a have had trouble in the past and there was never any break in, the alarm company could't find any fault with the system (they had checked it out more than once, I was told) and sooo glad I checked for them because the alternative was paying that fine, blah blah, and so I reset it and left again.

Thats just the alarm problem, there were others. How about you, anything else going on?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

This happens to me pretty frequently. How ever it is on the weekends and 9 times out of 10 it's me just being half awake/ half asleep. Mix that with a little bit of remnants from the night before, and you'll be hearing sounds and spinning from time to time.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mmirror

Yeah, no batteries! I tried moving the dial around at the back to see if it goes off again and it didn't. I was just standing there is shock, I felt all shivery only because I felt creeped out.

I haven't felt a presence here before if i can remember rightly.

I'm very curious also, I'm thinking if it is a ghost what is it telling me ect because it's so out of the blue!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Love your story!

It must be such a nuisance for your brother and very creepy on you for staying there!

Yes it defiantly got my attention. The cat toy thing nearly got it until i brushed it off and then the alarm goes off, now that got it!! It was like a ghost saying, ''this didn't get your attention, no? Ok, well this will!''.

ooo please tell us what else has happened in your brothers house...

For me? I have had nothing go on for me in this house until now. It was so random. I would of expected it at my nans or mum but not here.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Wow. Spooky!

I for the life of me have nothing to say!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

Ha i know that feeling! A Bell alarm however... is extremely loud! I mean, it was going off in front of my face. It wakes me up with ear plugs in.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

Ha! Love Barney!!!! I'm actually watching How i met your mother i as i type .

edit on 13-10-2015 by BloodSister because: I have no idea

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I adore the show! I just thought his pose in this pic suited ATS

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

For me? I have had nothing go on for me in this house until now. It was so random. I would of expected it at my hans or mum but not here.

Maybe its attached to you. If other things like that occurred in the past at other places, that is…

I wouldn't be worried, its mild sort of. Compared to others that have harmful things occur.

You might look more closely at some kind of message associated with your cat, time, whatever.

Be more mindful of her in general, more attuned to your cats health or environment for a while? Anything to check up on?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

ooo please tell us what else has happened in your brothers house…

I do, here and there…

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sounds like it is not the house that is haunted, but you! You've had experiences in more than one place. Something is definitely trying to get your attention. Listen.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Interesting thing happened to me too... except it was with a fan. I walked into a room and I saw the fan going on and then it stopped. I reached over to grab it because i was going to take it to my room and noticed that it was unplugged and the cord was NOWHERE near the socket. I just kinda stared at it and saw it wind down and I finally picked it up.

And yes, there were some things happening at the house. Knocks at night (at my door) and shadow figures on occasions.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: brace22

Ha, yes it does!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Your, right. There never has been anything harmful happen to me or my family, so that's good. I can recall one night at my mums and hearing what sounded like a Chinese plastic container lid getting flicked against the wall and to me at that time it sounded like the ticking of a clock. I wrote a post about it on here.

when i was in bed when i heard the ticking sound just before that i was trying to get to sleep when i heard my mums foot step coming up the stairs ( she wears heels so it was obvious and it was only her in the house ). I always leave the bedroom door open and the landing light on because, well I hate sleeping in the dark there, ha! well the foot step got to the last step and i said ''goodnight mum''.... I heard nothing back so i said 'mum'..Nothing. I shouted ''MUM'', i heard her voice underneath my bed where she sits!

What ever that was, was trying to pretend to be my mum... Creepy!!

I will also keep an extra eye on my cat though, just in case.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MoonLightStars

I really wish i knew what it was telling me. I reckon you are right though. It all started at my nans as i lived there until i was 4. Before my nan and granddad moved in many years ago there was séance sign things on one of the bedroom walls and in the shed, i think its that triangle sign thing. Anyway i reckon one of the few ghosts that lurk my nans may have got attached to me as a baby...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BloodSister

Your, right. There never has been anything harmful happen to me or my family, so that's good. I can recall one night at my mums and hearing what sounded like a Chinese plastic container lid getting flicked against the wall and to me at that time it sounded like the ticking of a clock. I wrote a post about it on here.

when i was in bed when i heard the ticking sound just before that i was trying to get to sleep when i heard my mums foot step coming up the stairs ( she wears heels so it was obvious and it was only her in the house ). I always leave the bedroom door open and the landing light on because, well I hate sleeping in the dark there, ha! well the foot step got to the last step and i said ''goodnight mum''.... I heard nothing back so i said 'mum'..Nothing. I shouted ''MUM'', i heard her voice underneath my bed where she sits!

What ever that was, was trying to pretend to be my mum... Creepy!!

I will also keep an extra eye on my cat though, just in case.

Yah, sometimes watchful spirits (family, guides, ancestors(?)) look after us, remind us they are nearby, sometimes theres a deeper message.

We should be so flattered we have spirits on our team.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I just realised what I said sounded like my mum actually sits under my bed! Lol

I was laying in bed last night and it come to me what maybe the alarm and the cat toy meant.. And the word play time popped up. But nothing has happened since for me to think that could be right... And I can't relate it to anything... But its creepy none the less

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BloodSister
I just realised what I said sounded like my mum actually sits under my bed! Lol

I was laying in bed last night and it come to me what maybe the alarm and the cat toy meant.. And the word play time popped up. But nothing has happened since for me to think that could be right... And I can't relate it to anything... But its creepy none the less

Keep wondering along those lines just like you are doing. The experience is compelling enough to make you want to know what it means. See what you are guided towards. Its lots easier for spirits to inject thoughts than move things.

If theres a message it will come through. You'll "see" it.

Edit: Be patient, that might take a while.
edit on 14-10-2015 by intrptr because: Edit:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join