It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic as rockets hit Russian embassy in Damascus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

DAMASCUS: Two rockets struck the Russian embassy in Damascus on Tuesday sparking panic as several hundred people gathered to express their support for Moscow's air war in Syria, an AFP photographer said.

According to the photographer at the scene, some 300 people had begun to gather for a demonstration thanking Russia for its recent intervention in Syria when the rockets crashed into the embassy in the Mazraa neighbourhood of the capital.

There was widespread panic, but it was not immediately clear if anyone had been wounded or killed.

Opposition fighters in the suburbs of the capital have targeted the embassy in the past but it was not clear if Tuesday's attack targeted the rally.

Panic as rockets hit Russian embassy in Damascus

Russia has been attacking ISIS since 30 September 2015 and has achieved more success on the battlefield than the United States since they became involved which makes me believe the U.S. has an agenda with this war.

Is the United States government behind this embassy attack?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
US and the rest of the West all of have an agenda in this war, as most people here would agree and have agreed since day 1. Russia, IMO simply want ISIS gone, and although want a say in Syria, if having Assad gone means ISIS gone, they will do concede in the name of actually stopping terrorism.

I don't think this is orchestrated by the US. This is a reaction on street level. Just because it involves a Russian embassy, doesn't mean the US did it. It annoys me how the US is attached to everything that happens in the world. I am not even American and it bugs me.

This is a reaction to an action.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
An embassy employee told the news agency that there were no injured among the staff.

“Two shells landed on the territory of the embassy this morning,” First Secretary of the Russian Embassy in Damascus Eldar Kurbanov confirmed in an interview with TASS, adding that there have been no casualty reports.

www.rt.com...

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

My instinct upon reading this is that it is pro-Russian supporters who have hit the embassy.

What better way to galvanize regional support and empower the Russian-led campaign than to make it look like anti-Russian supporters have attacked the Russian embassy and killed innocents in the process.

The M.E wing of the propaganda machine will now paint US and allies=bad great satan and Vlad=Middle East prophesied coming savior who has been attacked by the great Satan.

They probably learned this from the US government and 9/11 false flag.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Sublimecraft because: clarification

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

It annoys me how the US is attached to everything that happens in the world
Go watch the MSM . I think they are even trying to pin climate change on Putin .

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Haha

I guess I should have focussed my point. I didn't mean in the wider world. Just in the "Conspiracy" world I.E on website such as ATS etc.

MSM I don't count for anything.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

My instinct upon reading this is that it is pro-Russian supporters who have hit the embassy.

What better way to galvanize regional support and empower the Russian-led campaign than to make it look like anti-Russian supporters have attacked the Russian embassy and killed innocents in the process.

The M.E wing of the propaganda machine will now paint US and allies=bad great satan and Vlad=Middle East prophesied coming savior who has been attacked by the great Satan.

Good point.

Have you been watching the Middle East since the beginning of October? I see changes occurring, first Russia takes the lead in the Syrian war, Iran is also involved, the Palestine/Israel clashes are picking back up . See link below:

LINK

Link can be translated into English by using google.....

I think this is all related and will come to a head..... and I think the Palestine/Israel fight will start back up very soon which will expand to the Middle East and with Russia and Iran now involved and a little blue bird has mentioned China is looking closely at becoming involved as well sets the perfect environment for WW III.

Palestinians are stabbing and killing Jews in Israel. Israel has always responded to these types of attacks and Palestine has become more aggressive for their hate for Jews. The water is boiling in the pot. When will it start to overflow?

I believe WW III will start in the Middle East.

edit on 13-10-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
One has to wonder if those shells came from the 50 tons of supplies the US just dropped.

that.. would be bad.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

That's inaccurate Russia has not made more head way, Russia should be preparing for a long drawn out war as the Middle East always is, and furthermore I'm not surprised they are being attacked as they are waging war and supporting Assad which the majority of Syria does not support, so they've taken a hardline position as opposed to the American position, which gives it the appearance of large headway.
edit on 13-10-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

Well the US overtly does have a rather bad track record and covertly they deserve all the guff that can be thrown their way imo . Russia gets blamed for flying too close to Turkey and invading their air space but the US has invaded Syria's air space how many times ? and dropped how many bombs ? They are actually breaking international law . So if their covert operations thought it might be good to launch a few rockets at the Russian embassy ,then why not eh . I mean the US told Russia to stop bombing their assets in Syria so they have stuff there but wont tell Russia where not to bomb ....Kind of a quagmire kind of place that middle east is I think .

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
One has to wonder if those shells came from the 50 tons of supplies the US just dropped.

that.. would be bad.

Would be an amazing thing. Some of us want a war as the US need's to be put in it's place.

/Doomboner
edit on 13-10-2015 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

that.. would be bad.

Exactly.... you said it and I was thinking it!

And if Russia finds the shell casings and it shows it was made in the U.S. OR they decide to frame the U.S. with this attack by showing a U.S. shell casing that had exploded some place else but say it occurred within their embassy grounds...... well then what happens?

A perfect scenario for Russia to apply pressure on the United States and filing legal complaints at the U.N.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

I think those supplies were for the Kurds in the North . I don't think the Kurds are too concerned with Asaud or the Russians . I wonder if the Kurds actually got that stuff ? I haven't heard any confirmation that they did . ETA looks like we spoke too soon ..www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-10-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Sounds dead on to me. With so many flags on the play, I don't even know who has the ball anymore. If I'm not mistaken, I'd say it was 4th and inches, Russia with an onside kick and recovered the ball. 1st and 10 -Russia.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

That's inaccurate Russia has not made more head way, Russia should be preparing for a long drawn out war as the Middle East always is, and furthermore I'm not surprised they are being attacked as they are waging war and supporting Assad which the majority of Syria does not support, so they've taken a hardline position as opposed to the American position, which gives it the appearance of large headway.

Of course.....you could be right.... this is the other side BUT it would not take a genius to rethink this and it would be perfect timing to lay blame on the U.S. Do not forget that there are two new players in this game, both of them sworn enemies of the United States.

Putin strengthening world wide support for his plans and showing how devious the U.S. is in this war.

It would be a good strategy for the Russians.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Of course.....you could be right.... this is the other side BUT it would not take a genius to rethink this and it would be perfect timing to lay blame on the U.S. Do not forget that there are two new players in this game, both of them sworn enemies of the United States.

Putin strengthening world wide support for his plans and showing how devious the U.S. is in this war.

It would be a good strategy for the Russians.

To be fair, It doesn't take much to shed light on the US's less moral practices. I would even say most people already went in not to pleased with the way the US has been acting. As a Canadian I'm expected to support my neighbors, but I prefer Putin. At least he's honest and forthright..

hell why not, Putin for prime minister 2015!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Moscow calls shelling of Russian embassy in Syria terrorist attack

MOSCOW, October 13. /TASS/. The shelling of the Russian embassy in Damascus is a terrorist attack aimed at intimidating supporters of fighting against terrorism, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on Tuesday.

"Our ambassador confirmed the report about the shelling," Lavrov said. "Two mines fell on the territory of the Russian embassy in Damascus. One - on the sports ground, another - on the roof of a residential house. No one was injured," he added. "This is obviously a terrorist attack aimed at intimidating supporters of the fight against terrorism and at preventing them from dominating in the fight against extremists," the foreign minister said.

Earlier today, a demonstration in support of Russia’s military operation in Syria was held near the Russian embassy in Damascus. Several thousands of Syrians are reported to have taken part in the demonstration. "Demonstrators expressed their gratitude to the Russian leadership for providing military assistance to Syria in the fight against terrorism," SANA news agency reported.

During the demonstration, the embassy was shelled. Two mines fell on its territory. The embassy’s First Secretary Eldar Kurbanov told TASS that "no one was injured among staff, only material damage was done.".

edit on 13-10-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Fixed URL

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

that.. would be bad.

Would be an amazing thing. Some of us want a war as the US need's to be put in it's place.

/Doomboner

Did you just make the case American soldiers,men and women need to die as to "put America in its place" that you support and hope that america engages in seriptious activities and can be caught red handed as to justify killing Americans and waging a war.

Just FYI America is a pot of different races different cultures all coming together under one country, so in essence the world is apart of America and America a part of the world.

Also it is clear at times America has sacrificed moral compass for strategic positioning, and for that we are wrong and certainly need to adopt new foreign policy's. Our men and women, our people are great people we do not deserve death and to call for such a thing shows me exactly who you are, and the people who star you and agree with you.

I am an American patriot I love my culture, I also love the west, I will die for either of them. If you want to kill someone or want someone dead come kill me. I disagree wholeheartedly with what you said, that's all I'm going to say about that.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

that.. would be bad.

/Doomboner

Did you just make the case American soldiers,men and women need to die as to "put America in its place" that you support and hope that america engages in seriptious activities and can be caught red handed as to justify killing Americans and waging a war.

Just FYI America is a pot of different races different cultures all coming together under one country, so in essence the world is apart of America and America a part of the world.

Also it is clear at times America has sacrificed moral compass for strategic positioning, and for that we are wrong and certainly need to adopt new foreign policy's. Our men and women, our people are great people we do not deserve death and to call for such a thing shows me exactly who you are, and the people who star you and agree with you.

I am an American patriot I love my culture, I also love the west, I will die for either of them. If you want to kill someone or want someone dead come kill me. I disagree wholeheartedly with what you said, that's all I'm going to say about that.

I just like war. I figure most people would indeed disagree with me. What I am is what society has turned me into. I have spent the last 18 years of my life doing nothing but reading articles, Comments, posts and peoples opinions online. Watching the gruesome carnage videos people post. You can't begin to understand the effects that has on someone. The thing's i have seen, The thing's i have read, the things people do - I want the entire human race to go extinct because we don't deserve to live any more, Not the way we continue to do things, Or the way to continue to treat each other because they are diffrent, Or strange, Or simply come from a different part of the planet.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

[..] and supporting Assad which the majority of Syria does not support, [..]

That's a false statement. It's impossible for anyone (a supposed dictator) to be in power for more than five years agaisnt is own people, internal (various) terrorists groups, ISIS and US and coalition bombings! And still having the support of his military!

The only one's who seem to be against Assad (including external forces) are the Sunni's and that doesn't give them any right, if the shia are in/are the power. Stop interfering in other countries!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join