It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are not better because you lack religion!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific
*Waves a picture of a question mark on a stick in the air*
Haha, that is exactly why I do not say "There are no gods or souls or pixies or..." just that I do not blindly believe in things which cannot be verified.
No faith required in my reasoned stance, just question marks.

Religion/spirituality is the faith based way of filling in the blanks, or removing those scary question marks lol

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Addendum:

Furthermore, if I were to say Mexico is a sorry country and the world would be a better place without it, do you think I would offend any Mexicans? Does that come off as bigoted? Could I say I'm not criticizing the people, only the country? I'm sure countries and religions can be criticized with integrity; but when done sloppily it conveys the arrogance, entitlement, and elitism that you accuse the religious of.

I have to ask how you see this as a comparison to what we're talking about here. Unless you're ignoring the fact that the emperor has no clothes. Do the majority of Mexicans believe that unless you're Mexican, you are a sinner bound for eternal damnation? If they do, then you might speak of them as a group when discussing the topic. The same applies to religions that teach redemption or condemnation. The bible teaches such. Therefore, its adherents preach such. So in that sense, we can speak of them as a group. If that offends them, then maybe they should get a clue, that we're offended that they view us as condemned because we aren't part of the clique. I am no longer Christian. Their tenets do not apply to me, no matter how hard they try to convince me they do.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

okay you are evidence of you. it's not much more dramatic than that. it use to be the people were taught that only royals had evidence of their deity.. pharaoh and his entourage were the only ones allowed to have an afterlife, which was, of course, a total perversion of the actual data. everyone has evidence of their deity by just being alive.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

I do think that is my parents main concern.

My soul's salvation, because it si that black and white.

Christ yes! you will be fine

No Christ? Sorry. You cannot pass go, and you cannot collect your reward in Heaven.

Or we could have got it all wrong...

Lol! Now that was funny.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
everyone has evidence of their deity by just being alive.
Nope, that is just evidence of being alive.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

I don't want to say a "buzzword" on ATS but are you hinting at Intelligent design? Or are you saying that because, according to many faiths, a creator created me in his image, I am therefore a deity?

I am. I am.

To quote, I think, John's Gospel?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

that's evidence of "I am', which is a statement indicating your power over time. from the most mentally handicapped to the smartest, to the average every day person, we are all time lords as it were. as a god, you can condemn yourself to the nothing if you wish, but why would you want to?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Keep your religious fantasies to yourself and your ilk, i dont care whom you pray for, just dont waste my time lecturing me about how much a victim your are.

Religious people playing the victim card since for ever.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I don't want to say a "buzzword" on ATS but are you hinting at Intelligent design? Or are you saying that because, according to many faiths, a creator created me in his image, I am therefore a deity?

not exactly, copies of elohim (plural). a creator created copies of many deities. that may be you as well since you may be copy number 100,204, for example, of your original self. and it's all just been a misplaced or misunderstood noun or pronoun here and there.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

that's evidence of "I am', which is a statement indicating your power over time. from the most mentally handicapped to the smartest, to the average every day person, we are all time lords as it were. as a god, you can condemn yourself to the nothing if you wish, but why would you want to?
Okay, whatever fills your boots, I've had my fill of debating woo-woo stuff presented as fact for one night, I'll leave you to the thread and take amusement from just reading instead.

It is clear you have nothing but faith based assertions so I bid you my regards.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I was referencing QI.

Because that's how they do it on the show.

They just wave a question mark in the air.

Now having referred to two comedians in the same thread it looks like all i watch is comedy... which is mainly true, and listen on the radio as well.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

okay, can i has your shells?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Haha fair one, I'm happy with the chuckles I'm getting from ATS tonight to be honest, but I'm out of this thread now, just be repeating myself otherwise.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

not exactly, copies of elohim (plural). a creator created copies of many deities. that may be you as well since you may be copy number 100,204, for example, of your original self. and it's all just been a misplaced or misunderstood noun or pronoun here and there.

Isn't that reincarnation?

Which is prevalent in Hinduism but generally seen as the 'devil's work' in Christianity?

Particularly if you are a Catholic as you are held in purgatory until judgement day.

I am only asking out of curiousity. As I do believe in reincarnation.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Oh behave with your pseudo science, you have nothing except faith... Your position is solely faith based...

Since you brought up the subject of chuckles...

Science 'Fiction' is nothing BUT blind faith.

The Temple Cult of Scientism has become more of a blind faith than most religions.

In fact, they are both being used as mind control tools.

Illuminati found a way to hook the non-religious...with science.

Same trick, smarter dog.

"Throughout recorded history, the Illuminati has successfully withheld from humankind major aspects of history and science in order to subjugate the masses. Historical, religious and political truths have been withheld from the general public in order to perpetuate armed conflict. By manipulating the souls evolving on earth, the Illuminati have deliberately suppressed the spiritual facts of life, not to mention liberating technologies, which could bring plenitude to all."

Secrets of Suppressed Science and History

"...the Illuminati eventually controlled the science departments in all colleges and institutions of higher learning. The plan was to stifle scientific knowledge and then twist what was left to fit the science they wanted the people to believe.

Science - The Illuminati Religion and Mind Control Tool for the Masses

edit on 9-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

You can behave with inventing that I have religious-like faith in science as well.
Quote me, don't invent stuff, tut tut, why do you faith folk do that? Lol, I don't care, I'm out of this thread, as I've said, so I'll ignore silly invented arguments but if you wish to directly quote me and pick that to bits, then I'm happy to engage.

...don't make # up though, I've never looked at science in the way you invented.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Hmmm... can't say I've ever seen this happen... perhaps someone can point me to a post or thread that had the non-religious person saying that they are better then the religious person...

On the other hand I've heard Christians state this on a regular basis...

Even in a recent discussion with a Fundy Christian he stated blatantly... "I am better then you... the bible says so"

Which was nothing short of hilarious... but none the less

Never seen it happen the other way around

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

well if one of your copies chooses not to believe in its own deity, (and you see how easy it would be to mess up the language since it's not very precise? " own deity" for example. that's just a stones throw from "you are all sons and daughters of the most high" "ye are all gods" and "you are the temple of god", which in this case, the most high is your original god, which is your perfected self, existing outside the timeline)

the reason i add the timeline to it is data regarding time travel. if you were to enter a time machine and travel to the past and kill your own forebears, you would not cease to exist but instead create a whole new timeline, split off from the original, cause whereever you go there you are. this lead me to theorize that time is always local to YOU. if you live in the eastern standard time zone and travel to say, australia, your body will still be on an eastern standard time sync, regardless if the rest of australia is or not. you can adapt to that time zone, however, but it's your choise to adapt, it's you adapting, not australia adapting to you.

remember scifi shows that would suggest if you encountered your younger self by using a time machine, you would create a paradox ? not true, because the you in the future is not the you in the past anymore. so as time marches on, you evolve, and eventually transcend time, at which point, you at the end is you at the beginning (in other words, doctor who ain't got nothing on you. hhehe)

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

What? Keh? Pardon?

You are blagging my head. I am just nodding and smiling. I read that twice, and I sort of get it. Kind of don't. I think I get your gist.

So are you of no particular religion, but feel you are in yourself a deity? Therefore why would you be ruled by anything else other than yourself?

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

What? Keh? Pardon?

You are blagging my head. I am just nodding and smiling. I read that twice, and I sort of get it. Kind of don't. I think I get your gist.

So are you of no particular religion, but feel you are in yourself a deity? Therefore why would you be ruled by anything else other than yourself?

i'm not ruled by anything other than myself . even while following a particular faith or partaking in the laws of a country, i'm still essentially making personal choices. i was taught by another "time lord" if you will, named jesus. who informed me that i'm not only a copy of the most high, i'm a god, you're a god, everybody's a god. we are creating reality by recording it (the recording device had to be recording to solidify the quantum flux of photon particles into 3d reality, otherwise it just existed in a state of probabilities yet to be selected). if we cease to believe in our god, we willfully self-annihilate, and remove our current incarnation from the timeline library of our god selves.

that's what all this seems to be saying; LIGHT doesn't solidify 3d reality until a recording device is present. we are recording devices that can either choose to continue recording or cease to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join