It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Microsoft License Tech Support" scam caller.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I used to get those calls constantly. It was maddening and never the same person, but the same scam! Even when you yell and scream and tell them you and the rest of America know they are a scam, they still continue. I don't know what happened, but I don't get those calls anymore. Thank God!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I had a good laugh with them about 3 weeks ago, they'd been calling for a few years..

The last one tho, I politely informed them that, as a Microsoft software engineer, our operating system did no such thing, and that I was going to inform our legal department. I've never heard someone get so very nervous and stutter so bad, than hang up the phone while yelling someone's name, and talking very fast and loud in their native language.

Best chuckle I've had in weeks. Most satisfying..

-Cyg

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I have no respect for anyone who tries to take advantage of others. These people are the scum of the earth. We are all involuntarily put on this planet, the least we could do is help each other to the best of our abilities and try to leave the world in better shape than how we found it. This little prank of getting back at these scammers put a smile on my face:

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Pistoche

Hahahaha! I love when people can get back at these jerks. I'm not technically inclined myself, but I wish more people would do things so we can put an end to this crap!

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: WP4YT
I had something similar. But he sounded legit, because he had an Indian accent (and every time I've called Microsoft they were always Indian guys) so I did it. He had me open some command window and type a bunch of codes in. But my computer seems like it's faster now..

Ummm you just gave them complete control of your computer. Huge mistake.

www.wired.co.uk...

I know was hoping that was some kind of bad joke-unfortunately that someone could take serious!

posted on Oct, 10 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
So, inspired by some of the responses here, today I recorded a message to play into the phone should they call back. I found an audio file of that three tone, "boo doo BOOP!" that plays at the start of "We're sorry, the number you have dialed is incorrect or is no longer in service" messages. I put that at the start of my recording, and then recorded myself, in my most professional voice, saying:

"The number you are dialing from has been blocked, pending investigation. Your number, (their number,) has been reported in association with known illicit and illegal activity. Until such time as an investigation pursuant to international treaty stipulations has been completed, your calls will be intermittently intercepted and monitored. Thank-you. This message will repeat." (Message repeats.)

I didn't want to claim to be law enforcement, as impersonating law enforcement is considered a crime under certain circumstances (possibly all circumstances, I'm not certain,) so I just went with that vague "investigation" and "international treaty" tact lol.

So, they called back and I played the message as planned. After one and a half listens, I heard someone mutter and expletive, and they hung up. I'm not one for schadenfreude, but I'd be lying if I said that wasn't the least bit satisfying...

Peace.
edit on 10/10/2015 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join