It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roughly 6,000 federal inmates to be released - All inmates due for release are drug offenders

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Your thoughts here were great. Nothing to apologize for, friend. I'm just happy there are other ATS's members that agree. Unfortunately not enough people in general do. Hence the laws.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thoughts??? Not enough. If you committed any other crime along with drugs your butt should be in prison. If your crime was buying, using, or even selling to an of age person you shouldn't be there.

Not a fan of drugs beyond the pot in my younger years, but I am of the thought that drugs should be treated like alcohol. Legal, regulated, and I rarely like it but taxed. This whole prison scam is beyond ridiculous.

I promise I want the rapist and murderers in prison a lot more than I ever care about drug people. Just me though
edit on 7-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Better late than never, but my guess is that they will probably, for the most part, be coming out of prison more hardened and angry and with a different skill set than when they went in.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: buster2010

I agree with you . Unusual isnt it. However , why house arrest ? If it wasnt for a violent offense with a possession charge. The police officers do not lock up any person drinking beer at home , do they ? You are under arrest for drinking 3 beers in your home and being a peaceful drunk.......

Alcohol isn't illegal most drugs are.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The article doesn't say much about the crimes that were committed. Are these dealers or just users?
I don't like the idea of releasing 2000 Mexican drug runners.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Alcohol isn't illegal most drugs are.

It used to be illegal, and we all know how well that went.

It boggles the mind that they would try the same thing again and expect a different result.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well I guess they were to be released anyway just now a bit earlier, they need the flow of drugs in the street so we can not have all of the drug pushers in jail now.

I guess it will only affect those that depend on this type of pushers for their daily fix.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Your tax dollars already pay for druggies,rapests and murderers to eat and sleep and not be fixed in anyway. At least breaking a cycle of addiction is more feasible then ridding one of pedophile behaviour or violent tendency.

Oh and yes weed is drug weather or not you recognize it as one. Just so you know the caffeine in your coffee is a drug and so are your pain killers and acholhol

a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
considering that they were convicted of federal crimes I think it`s safe to assume that they weren`t just average joes smoking a joint.
maybe they learned their lesson and will lead honest productive lives but I wouldn`t count on it.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
What's the over under on how many will be back in jail in under 2 years?

That will be an interesting statistic. Of course, it won't go toward proving that they're "bad people." No matter what the crime, it's hard for anybody who has served time to just pick up their lives and move happily forward. I guess they could open pot dispensaries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join