It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempted Burglary, and Hail to our Law Inforcement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Environment Scenario.
Small town cozy America, dead end road in beautiful wooded hilly area. Retirement community with trimmed gardens and happy hello's between neighbors. No street lights which we all appreciate.
One can actually see the stars. We have all sorts of lovely critters, bear, dear, fox, every thing for a nice coffee table picture book.

I house sit in one of these houses for a couple, their wonderful Rottweiler is my reason for being there.
The house I am in is small and the bedroom windows are the kind situated way up under the ceiling, so you can't look in or out without standing on a tall stool.
Got it.

Last night around twelve-thirty we both (me/dog) wake up by something scrambling by the bedroom wall out side, she whoofs, not barks, she has a very low woof to alert me and then waits for my response, and jumps off the bed.
Right then a light shines in the window on the bed and swivels back and forth from bed to wall, I look at it and can see the beam is from a flash light it is v e r y close to the window. (I spell window but it just writes "underscore" )

In that split second I knew they were too close and I just started screaming bloody Mary while I crawled in the dark on the floor out to get the land line and still on the floor crawled away from any windows and dialed 911.
The police were there within five minutes, they were fabulous. The dispatcher stayed on the phone with me, I was hysterical and having an Asthma attack for the first time in fifteen years.
They search the area for a long time and an officer came an hour later to check on me.
HAIl Our Boys and Girls out there.

I was so terrified I just started vomiting, to think the nerve of it with a car in the driveway to shine a flash light through a window that is almost seven feet off the ground.
I am angry, no furious,
, outraged and terribly scared.

Ok if they had only flashed a light in the living room, which is the only accessible window, the rest of the house is fenced very high, and as noted the two bedroom have these special windows, if it was just the living room, then I wouldn't have been so terrified, but these guys were looking for something.
I still can't get it and have spent all day talking to friends who have been a great support.
OH and hey again a shout out for our police I had stopped on a side road today to check for something in my back pack on the floor and when I looked up an Officer was grinning at me "Is every thing OK at the house" "Yes Mam, Thank you"

I feel raped, I know others have been through much worse and will just say "Get over it" but this is my experience and I hate it, hate it, hate it.

edit on 5-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: just stuff

edit on 5-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: oddity

edit on 5-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: just stuff

edit on 5-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Seven feet high windows?
What did they use to get up there?
Was there any evidence? Foot prints etc?
I'd have let the dog out!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Nothing substantial, it is grass and very hard soil.
I didn't let her out because I didn't want her harmed, shot.
She is very dear to me.
Had they come in the house that would be an other matter.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: VoidHawk

I didn't let her out because I didn't want her harmed, shot.
She is very dear to me.
I can understand that

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My heart is with you. It's a very frightening thing. Give your canine buddy a few extra hugs for the "heads-up'!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
These are the kind of stories no one ever hears about. It's great the police were so helpful and were there so quickly.

I am sure you have trouble sleeping now and every little bump in the night makes you freak.

Word of advice for you: I would set up a plan and practice for such emergencies. If you know exactly what you will do if it happens again it will help react. Know where you will go, what you will grab, where the phones are, etc.

Good to hear you are safe and sound!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Your nerves are bound to be shot after an experience like that, but I'm glad you're okay and here to tell us about it. From how quickly you say the police got there and the fact they now know you have a dog and are willing to scream loud, I don't think you'll be getting troubled again any time soon.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Jeeze I could tell from the start you was all jazzed up, just by your writings. Hope everything is chill now?

It's weird for me tonight, feel kinda psychic and all your words i felt.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I'm thinking 'burglary' was not what was on this person's mind. Thank God for your dog.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is kind of what "she" looks like. We affectionately call her "Trans" because she is so huge, with out being fat.

I still can't do pictures.

originally posted by: Ameilia

I'm thinking 'burglary' was not what was on this person's mind. Thank God for your dog.

Thank you for your response, although it made me cry. I refuse to think about that. It would take me to a state of mind I don't want to go to.
I have thought of that. The deliberateness of the flash light. On the bed seven feet plus in the air right at the window. (what is this that I can't write window) Argh

The person, persons would be a very sorry sight if they entered. I am a martial artist, the dog and a rifle.
I would never go out side or expose my self but if they come in the house.....
My home is my Castle.
edit on 6-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

Jeeze I could tell from the start you was all jazzed up,

I tried to be calm I will not I can't let stupidity throw me off.

Hope everything is chill now?
It's weird for me tonight, feel kinda psychic and all your words i felt.

Thank you for your comment no I am still not "normal"

edit on 6-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: really

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
My heart is with you. It's a very frightening thing. Give your canine buddy a few extra hugs for the "heads-up'!

Thank you DigDirt (nice name, sorry for the abbreviation).
She was so amazing. She didn't go bezerk but stayed right by me which was what I needed. She didn't bark at the officers all ways fallowing my clues and just greeted them kindly.
While I hid behind the bed on the phone with the dispatcher, she remained alert but silent.

She stayed by me all the time, while I vomited, when I cried, and she refused to leave my side when I sat down for three hours just looking out the window. (could some one please tell me why "window" disappears? )
She is a Gentle Giant

edit on 6-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: I'm an illitarate tech imbecille

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

I believe you are right. All though I would like to put up a board below the window saying; "Please use Front Door, Moron"
The whole neighborhood is alerted and baffled.
I am so angry, and scared.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous

It's great the police were so helpful and were there so quickly.

Our "Boys and Girls" around here are top notch, All ways friendly.

I am sure you have trouble sleeping now and every little bump in the night makes you freak.

I read Calvin & Hobbes as usual, but I truly resent the fact that I can't have my windows open or the curtains with drawn.
Fresh air, the natural night sounds and the shifting of light from night to dawn are essential to me.
to close my windows is a violation. ;(

Word of advice for you: I would set up a plan and practice for such emergencies. If you know exactly what you will do if it happens again it will help react. Know where you will go, what you will grab, where the phones are, etc.

I did immediately. I used to be a sailor and all ways had every thing set up for an emergency. Didn't want to be caught with my "pants down" by a rouge wave.
if you are all ways prepared you can all ways relax.

Good to hear you are safe and sound!

I only rely on myself, an odd philosophy perhaps.
edit on 6-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: really

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Magnificent dog.
I had a black lab like that. She was very laid-back until she wasn't. Even when she was in "protect" mode, she never went bark crazy, only moved to put herself between me (or a child) and what she perceived as a threat. If the "threat" didn't stop advancing, she would give a low growl and show her shiny white teeth. That was enough to stop a normal person in their tracks.
I fully understand the resentment you're feeling. It will eventually fade. If you can find a way to turn that anger into productivity, you've won that battle. I've had good results by finding a project that required me to cause destruction. Pulling weeds in my garden and mounding them up in a pile to become compost works wonders to help me work off my anger---no matter the cause of the anger.
You have a plan and good cop protection. Try to keep positive thoughts. Sending positive energies your way!

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I am VERY sorry to have made you cry with that post, though VERY grateful for your dog and your correct handling of the situation that prevented anything worse from happening. As a women previously targeted, that's where my brain goes.
edit on 10/6/15 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Magnificent dog.

Thank You, she is handsome but had zero training before I took over, so she is a "Prima Donna"
It sounds like you had a champion too. I find it is an honor to know such grand beings.

That was enough to stop a normal person in their tracks.

Heh.
Humbling isn't it they all ways amaze me.

I fully understand the resentment you're feeling.

Thank You. I am glad though, I am determined and angry instead of turning in ward and overly fearful.

If you can find a way to turn that anger into productivity, you've won that battle.

That's what I am doing, chipping away at the garden and the house. Sound advice.

Sending positive energies your way!

Thanks DigDirt. I really like that name. I mean your own username.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm so sorry OP! VERY SCARY.

Glad you are okay. Suffice to say, all of ATS is behind you and would gladly kick their butts if we could.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

I am VERY sorry to have made you cry with that post,

No sorry. That was a relief cry. You know. And I'm a girl I can do silly things like that, that postpone nasty heart attacks and what nots
caused by stress hormone build up.

grateful for your dog and your correct handling of the situation that prevented anything worse from happening.

She was fabulous, and thank you some people have asked if I went to see who it was.
My spontaneous answered would have been "No you idiot, I didn't want to get shot mauled or raped"
I just said, No.
Some people are beyond stupid they watch to much television. Survival is to remove one self from danger.

As a women previously targeted, that's where my brain goes.

I am sorry to hear that, I must congratulate you that you seam to strong and well recovered.
To face ones fears is an act of courage. those are the people I like to surround my self with. Not to ignore them but work with them, find the wisdom in them. As all feelings.

edit on 7-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: I'm an illitarate tech imbecille

edit on 7-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: I'm an illitarate tech imbecille

edit on 7-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: just stuff

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I'll put a sign up The Mother Ship is watching YOU"

originally posted by: kosmicjack

I'm so sorry OP! VERY SCARY.
Glad you are okay. Suffice to say, all of ATS is behind you and would gladly kick their butts if we could.

Thanks Kosmic, we could have a Halloween party and dress up as our Avatars.
I don't want them hurt they just have to join ATS for mandatory rehab.

Hay do you wear "earth" eyes in public?

edit on 7-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: just stuff

edit on 7-10-2015 by WalkInSilence because: phyf

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join