It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton unveils plan for tighter gun control including executive action, expanded background checks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Why does everyone run to politicians when someone breaks the law? Why do politicians think laws, more laws, will stop criminal activity?
If the criminals weren't following the laws to begin with, what makes them think that MORE laws will do anything?
Laws punish bad actions and restrict freedoms. Aren't there already laws in place to punish people who use a gun illegally?

Outlaws: Those who operate outside of the laws because the laws don't mean squat to them?

But let's BEG the Government for MORE laws, while bitching about there being too many!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What is it with you Americans, your against anyone making your lives easier.

omg readily available health care (Obama care) "no thanks, we wanna die because we cant afford a hospital bed".

Now they wanna stop you shooting each other and "we gotta keep our guns coz that couple hundred year old piece of paper says so".

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaveNorris
Now they wanna stop you shooting each other and "we gotta keep our guns coz that couple hundred year old piece of paper says so".

Do the gun laws where you live prevent criminals from possessing them?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Tucket

Nothing about suing, drunk drivers, manufacturers etc..

Yeah, there is, it is in the Original Post.

Ok, but that wasnt what I was referring too. I was entertaining the idea of the govt doing anything at all (as in bigger false flags) to grab the guns.

Demented logic 101.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DaveNorris

I do not need the govt. to make my life anything. Better, or worse. Guess which they're best at? It ain't the better part...

I'm fully capable of taking care of myself, thank you.

What has the govt. done lately, that's made life better for the avg. American citizen?

Affordable? For who? ...and who the Hell is paying for it?

Yeah, that old piece of paper says so. It also comments about illegal search and seizure, a little something about self incrimination... So which part of that old piece of paper will be changed next?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Interesting.....and this might just prompt me to vote for Hilary. I hate all that that she and her party, (more like a Mafia Organization), stands for but.......it might just be that Hilary in the White Hut would propel this country to the point of disaster necessary to cause some real change...like breaking it up altogether. If she were to issue executive orders and try to really confiscate firearms I think that would begin the process of State Nullification of Federal law by the "Red" States and that could very well signal the beginning of the end of the so-called "USA".

If some faux "republican" like Trump or worse, Bush were to win the White Hut, the typical rebound effect would probably cause the Democrats to take Congress in 2018 and they could well do much damage but they couldn't do enough to "get this over with". I'm tired of the slow-bleed. Its time to let freedom loving peoples.......free!

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think there will be No Gun changes, at all. Just look at all the talk there was after Sandy Hook shooting, Sales of Guns and ammunition actually jumped even higher, causing ammo to become short, driving prices incredible high. The only change would come from an executive order, and that would ensure a one term president. This isnt going to happen. Not until the idea, of civilians owning guns, and with it, the freedom of being a US citizen, are completley destroyed

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Off the top of my head, ive heard of maybe two or three gun related deaths in the past few years in the uk. I think they were mostly police officers that shot people they believed to be criminals.

But just since the start of this year ive heard about multiple mass shootings in America

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Not what I asked you, try answering the question instead of dodging.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

So your against them changing one thing that needs changing because your afraid they might change something else at the same time.

In that case, ill ask the mcdonalds employees to leave my pickle in next time just incase they try to sneek out the cheese as well. Thanks for the heads up

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It prevents MOST criminals from habing a gun.

It also ensures that school kids dont have easy access to firearm.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Yes, yes I am. Good of you to notice.

You honestly think that changing laws in an even more restrictive fashion will go any direction towards solving this?

All it'll do is make it harder for law abiding citizens like myself to purchase firearms.

So, to ensure that the public is safe, I'm supposed to, along with many millions of Americans, supposed to give up our freedoms?

Which freedoms are next, Dave? Which ones are we to give up because it'll keep us safe?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Actually, I agree with you on something.
Changing the gun laws now is pointless, there are too many in circulation already.
Its a downward slope and nobody tied off the safety line.

I predict many more years of you guys shooting each other, then complaining about, then doing nothing about it

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It prevents MOST criminals from habing a gun.

Call me when you can guarantee that criminals will not have firearms.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Lol Dave I love posters like you who always harp on about your own countries gun laws and how well they've worked for you. The differences between our cultures are many but first and foremost is that you have a subservient culture. You were ruled by kings and never thought enough of your own freedoms to stand up and say no more. So of course when they want to put cameras on every corner and take away your guns you'd all say yes, I understand, you would't want to be a bother.

Americans may be fat, lazy, hypocritical pieces of crap but at least at one point and time we stood up for ourselves, and that, wether you believe it to be positive or negative, has reverberated through history in the minds of Americans. It doesn't seem like it so much now but I have a feeling it will come around. Time is a wheel and all that.

I know you can't understand what it's like to have some heritage that doesn't revolve around kissing the Queens feet. I don't blame you for your inabilities.

I would feel bad for you, but I'm too busy being shot at 80% of the day. It's horrid really.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Democrats like to blame guns for these issues.

Republicans like to blame mental illness.

Ironically very little is being done about either.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

True. past generations were kissing the royal families feet, I suppose some still do today.
But ill let you in on a Lil secret..
These days they are no more than a tourist attraction, maybe even a drain on the economy.

Too much stock is put in the past, things that were relevant then are not relevant now, like 'the right to bear arms' for instance.
Still, I suppose politicians arent much different from kings and Queens, yes they're elected, but they all only have their own interests at heart.

In a way, I suppose I envy you, if us brits had the same access to guns as you do maybe we would revolt.

Maybe you would too? If you could stop shooting at each other.

And FYI I wasnt bragging about my countries gun laws. I was answering a question that was put to me, twice. My first answer was less braggy, but apparently wasnt a good enough response

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
That's crazy. I just posted my first vision the Lord gave me a couple of days ago on ATS, it's under dreams and visions. The vision
Election ballots flying everywhere
Guns appear shooting everywhere
Hillary's face appears in front of guns and then the side, she fades through like she has something to do with it.

Check it out for the details, I don't know how to post
the link here or I would. You can ask for discernment yourselves. Make sure your right with God because He loves you, and Hillary doesn't have good plans for this country.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's kind of sad that Democrats can't actually support laws/programs that would actually limit mass shootings, bring down gun homicides/violent crime in general due to the fear of making their voters angry. If I'm not mistaken the vast majority of these mass shooters have either passed a background check to get their guns, stolen them from a family member, or got them through an illegal straw purchases where they had someone else get the gun/pass a background check. You would think the government would be more concerned about hand guns than semi-automatic rifles but I wouldn't be shocked if they try to make it harder to buy those also in the next 5-10 years.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

What is it with you Americans, your against anyone making your lives easier.

omg readily available health care (Obama care) "no thanks, we wanna die because we cant afford a hospital bed".

I bet you're both poor and weak. No doubt a euro soccer liberal. Lol. Beat it dork.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join