It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flood the market with guns!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yeah, really...

And, as for your scenario, it was harder and much bloodier, to kill in the 'Olden Times' before guns. You had to get in close before you could hack, bludgeon, strangle or stab. That takes a certain amount of fearless intent.

Shooting at a distance is so much more impersonal and safe.

Isn't it?

The harder and bloodier part doesn't matter. Killing is killing and if the intent is there it will happen....and I can PROVE it HAS happened before guns. A thought experiment on an unlikely scenario that has not happened proves nothing.

Fact of the matter is people kill....always have and always will. It will never stop regardless of how many weapons are banned or what type are banned. It has never stopped and there has never been a period without killing in the entire history of human civilization.

Is it the manner in which people are killed or die that makes it so horrible to some, or that they died in general? I know the scenario of a plane going down is not a valid comparison to guns in most people's eyes, but imagine the terror of being on that plane. Now, if we humans had not come up with the design of a multi passenger aircraft then wouldn't those people likely still be alive? Even though we DID come up with it, what about mechanical malfunction based on a part made by another human, or checked just before the flight by a human who overlooked an issue or was tired and missed it. Does the terror of dying in a plane crash equate to the terror of dying in a shooting?

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The market was flooded with cars and now we average 117 deaths by automobile per day as of 2004.

A lot of people do not understand the projection of force well enough to wield the ability to project it responsibly.

I think cars kill way more people in comparison to guns, and then there are the health issues caused by the inactivity of driving, which amounts to just sitting in a motorized recliner, and then inattentive driving.

Seems almost as if guns are a topic to deflect attention away from how dangerous other things like cars and so on actually are.

$0.02

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
The market was flooded with cars and now we average 117 deaths by automobile per day as of 2004.

A lot of people do not understand the projection of force well enough to wield the ability to project it responsibly.

I think cars kill way more people in comparison to guns, and then there are the health issues caused by the inactivity of driving, which amounts to just sitting in a motorized recliner, and then inattentive driving.

Seems almost as if guns are a topic to deflect attention away from how dangerous other things like cars and so on actually are.

$0.02

It's because all the anti gun crowd ever wants to argue is that the only purpose for a gun is killing. The argument should really be that all lives matter, not just the ones taken by guns, because more are killed every day by man made "things" than guns kill in murders in a year.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Most people wouldn't shoot,killing isn't as easy as you think ,most would evade it as best they could unless the gun was aimed at them.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Another thing that doesn't come up often enough is that if a gun is displayed those who would take advantage of an unarmed person will move on to easier prey.

Tools for the projection of force will keep the boogieman at a distance because most criminals don't want to work for what they want or need.

The prisons are full of narcissists without consciences who fail to realize their error and refuse to be corrected because they believe themselves to be in no need of correction.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Imagine if there wasn't a single gun in the world.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

People would use rocks and clubs and knives and hands and teeth.

Wouldn't change a thing other than killing range and method.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
It's because all the anti gun crowd ever wants to argue is that the only purpose for a gun is killing.

I'm so far removed from the anti-gun crowd that I can't even hear their muffled cries anymore.

In my mind there's two types of guns... the ones for hunting game and those created for killing people.

I know both and the divide between them is like a canyon. Personally, I prefer the type for hunting game and wouldn't think of purchasing the other. But that's just me... I understand why other people are afraid of other people. I suppose that makes me an easy target.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22

There is no need to imagine....guns have only been around since the 13th century and there was PLENTY of killing to go around prior.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Guns are like cars.

Some are created for this purpose and some are created for that purpose, but they all do exactly the same thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

And what the OP is suggesting would be gridlock with everyone outfitted but unable to move.

I've argued in the past that everyone should be proficient with firearms and I still believe that. I'd prefer it to be a part of the secondary educational system as well as groups such as the ROTC/Reserves. Safe use of firearms should be taught to everyone.

There'd be a lot less accidental shootings.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

There are people ...probably some on this forum who honestly have a phobia of them Especially if they are from the liberal occupied enclaves,they think anyone possessing those MUST either be a cop or a crook.
If someone has a rifle in public there is NO WAY they could logically handle it
I am also more covert by nature I DON'T want to warn bad people who intend to murder, I WANT to end their existance.
NOT that I would ever carry ,I'M not putting my name on any STATE list so that some DHS monkey can hassle me about it.
I LIKE knives just fine and God saw fit to give me fast hands.
I appear to be a big, slow ,old goon, and most leave me alone.
Just MY opinion of course I DON'T need followers or a fan club.
The IDEA that it is Psychologicallly bullying some people doesn't sit well with me.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I can not believe people keep falling for this...

I'll play. I agree with your sentiment 100%. We needs more guns. More drugs. More tv and more tech.

I also believe that we need human euthanasia for idiots. Booths should be set up on every corner where any citizen can just throw another citizen in it and flip the switch. Each time an idiot is euthanized everyone gets a free cup of STFU and a large fry.

We could use the bodies for fuel and rest easier at night knowing that there are fewer idiots in the street, on the net, in government, etc.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

People who think they need to disarm somebody, should start with
the governments on this planet. Not the people ruled by those
governments.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I agree with you, especially about the booths I have always said that anyone who is lib- i mean an idiot, should be put down like the scum they are.

I think those booths should tie into trumps plan about the walls and my plan about the hallways. That way there would be a bunch of walls and hallways and euthanasia booths everywhere and America would be perfect.
edit on 5-10-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yeah, really...

And, as for your scenario, it was harder and much bloodier, to kill in the 'Olden Times' before guns. You had to get in close before you could hack, bludgeon, strangle or stab. That takes a certain amount of fearless intent.

Shooting at a distance is so much more impersonal and safe.

Isn't it?

Using tactical/strategic bombs even better (the most distance equals the most impersonal event not realized). Hand to hand combat at least brings the reality of removing a soul from this dimension into an up close and personal focus/reckoning.
edit on 5-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: brace22

There is no need to imagine....guns have only been around since the 13th century and there was PLENTY of killing to go around prior.

Boiling oil, poison, catapult projectiles; sneaky moats filled with piranha.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

You got it! Excellent!

*SNIP*

Decided against serving dinner....
edit on 10/5/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Elaborate/expensive wigs that house vermin then crawling into the ears of nobles or the privileged and multiplying in the brain tissue of that wearer, the invention of sharp or heavy objects to stab, bludgeon (another poster already mentioned). Bow and arrow (very inventive) ALL HAND HELD weaponry (including spears) the imagination could produce. Da Vinci's models for warfare were the best for that 14th century period (wooden tanks and cloth helicopters).

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Oh... if we're going to go from some nutbar shooting up a Mickey Dee, school or a theatre and get into warfare itself, well, I can assure you we've improved on that exponentially from the days of Alexander the Great. Back in those days, slaughtering a few hundred thousand n a day was tiresome work.

Not so much heavy lifting today. No fun either.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join