It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN and the Indentured Servants/Slaves Who Work There

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Cern are using indentured servants, yes they are giving people the option but they are getting people to sign indefinite term contracts, this is basically a science/technology slave where they are there for life not matter what happens. If you don't believe me here is the link
jobs.web.cern.ch...

I was surprised and cern has been linked to all types of worries but how evil can you get, get the people you want and make them into indentured servants AKA slaves. Its like the people who are to live on Mars they will never come back and will basically be just as owned as the space ship which owns them. If this the future of international world science, slavery and people owning to secure labour and development.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So you didn't actually read the job posting link you gave then...interesting..

"Staff contracts are offered for a non-renewable, maximum five-year duration"

which is then followed up with

"Everybody who starts at CERN starts on a limited-duration (usually 5 years) contract. However today around 2/3rds of CERN staff are on an indefinite contract. Once you have successfully passed your probation period you are eligible to apply for an indefinite contract should one be opened in your field. Approximately half of the staff on a limited duration contract go on to further their career at CERN whilst the other half bring back their knowledge & experience to further their career elsewhere."

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: simro

When we start to move into space more such as people living on Mars we could find that if the first generation are effectively owned, then so would each consecutive generation. As corporations move into space and gain their own planets most of the human race would be slaves. This is why we need to stop this now because soon it will be too late.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I read the site.

This does not mean what you think it does.

A job contract with this type of organization
means that one is a contractor, not an employee
in the conventional sense.

Where I live probably 1/3 of the workers
are "contract" workers, meaning they are
not employees of the company, they are
contracted for certain tasks to be performed.

A five year contract gives CERN the ability
to terminate the relationship and the contract
and gives the contractee the ability to terminate
the relationship.

It does not bind the two together permanently.

An indefinite contract means that it will be difficult
for CERN to "fire" the contractor
and the contractor doesn't have to worry about
weather or not CERN will renew the contract.

Many in my area don't know if their contracts
will be renewed or not every few years and
it makes people nervous and good workers
leave for a more stable environment.

An indefinite contract provides the contractor
with a stable employment environment, thus
keeping the best people on while allowing
CERN to get rid of people who are not
performing to their standards after 5 years.
(actually, it is a very very generous and good contract)

Actually, what it does is protect CERN from having
to pay employee benefits of any kind as
contracted workers generally don't get any benefits
from the company that contracts them.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I did mention that "they are giving people the option but they are getting people to sign indefinite term contracts" but should a person even have the option to sign away themselves as slaves. Also this is a hugely powerful organisation backed by the , EU,UN etc.. and so the truth could be even worse.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: simro

I did mention that "they are giving people the option but they are getting people to sign indefinite term contracts" but should a person even have the option to sign away themselves as slaves. Also this is a hugely powerful organisation backed by the , EU,UN etc.. and so the truth could be even worse.

How do you know they are signing themselves away as slaves?
Having a career isn't a bad thing, being successful doesnt make you less noble then someone who is not.
There is nothing wrong with having stability in your chosen profession.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

People seem to be concentrating on the fact that you have to be there 5 years before you can become an indentured servant(indefinite term contract) of course this is true they need intelligent slaves not stupid or even normal ones. However as for what indefinite terms contract means there is nothing online stating what that contract means and even normally you need to work somewhere for a very long time, but no details of their contract is stated. Remember people who want to become soldiers routinely sign away decades of their lives to their country, and they never even talk about indefinite term. No when an organisation as powerful and government run as Cern say indefinite then unless details that state otherwise they should be taken at their word. INDEFINITE

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Please read about what an employment
contractor actually is.

A contractor is not an indentured servant,
it simply means that CERN promises
not to make them renew their contract
every few years like most people who
hire contractors do.

Most contracts of this kind are annual
and leads to good people abandoning
the uncertainty of employment.

This type of contract does NOT mean
the person can not leave or end the contract
it does NOT mean that CERN can not end the contract;
it just spells out for what reasons a person can end the contract
and for what reasons CERN can end the contract.

This is generous
this is a great deal for the contractor
this is not a lifetime servitude.
You just don't understand how this type
of job works.

Contract positions are employment arrangements that do not involve the same level of commitment as an employer-employee relationship. If you hire contract workers, you are not required to pay employment taxes on the hours they work as you would for a regular employee.

Read this article to understand how this works:
smallbusiness.chron.com...

There isn't anything sinsister going on with the employment process.

edit on 7Sun, 04 Oct 2015 19:22:59 -0500pm100410pmk040 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It is nothing to do with them being successful or not it is quite simple people should not under any circumstances be slaves, even if they want to sign their rights away they should not be able to. As for career stability I would point out that people in jail have stability, slaves don't get fired also, it does not mean it is preferable.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It is nothing to do with them being successful or not it is quite simple people should not under any circumstances be slaves, even if they want to sign their rights away they should not be able to. As for career stability I would point out that people in jail have stability, slaves don't get fired also, it does not mean it is preferable.

Ok, I give up, you appear unable to understand
what contract jobs mean.
Before you make a further fool of yourself
I highly recommend you read this article:
smallbusiness.chron.com...

and
www.ehow.com...

edit on 7Sun, 04 Oct 2015 19:28:59 -0500pm100410pmk040 by grandmakdw because: addition

link   

Have you read Cerns contract? No and I would point out that an indenture servant was a servant through a piece of paper a contract although the person them self was not always required to sign, but it was a contract and legal in every way.

link   
It's just like a teacher who gains tenure. It's highly desirable to be on an indefinite contract. It means you don't have to worry about your future and you can focus on your research. You're a permanent. You still have free will to leave.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If this wasnt CERN would you be calling it slavery also or do you just not like that CERN offers people the possibility of job stability?

Still have yet to see you give any information on what makes this slavery..other than its CERN so you know they are the Devil.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

CERN is not a small business and by your definition would a soldier then not be an indentured servant? Because soldiers sign a contract: soldiers are effectively owned by the army and if they leave before they are allowed they put them in a jail and then bring them back, and if they want to extend the contract and get them to serve more years then they can do that also

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

So if I offer you the chance to be my slave forever would you accept this because it gives you security?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Socrato

You are assuming the contract is the same without an proof at all. CERN as an organisation will be funded from defence and why would they not put the clauses in their contract online when european laws, civil servants agreements, even the armies contracts are, and yet hide theirs: surely this would be poor judgement. After all I would not be so stupid as to say indentured servants, they don't use the term when they talk about soldiers: which is what they are: and so why would they say that about other people when it would cause alarm: which is not what they want at all.
edit on 4-10-2015 by simro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Someone clearly has never had a real job and does not understand what a indefinite contract is. That should be the real rant here.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

So if I offer you the chance to be my slave forever would you accept this because it gives you security?

I offer you the chance to work for me as long as you like without a review every 5 years where you may not be rehired would you accept?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

How Long are Contracts for Indefinite Duration Valid For? “Indefinite” duration doesn’t mean that a contract is valid for an unlimited amount of time; it simply means that its duration cannot or has not been determined. Thus, if a contract doesn’t specify its validity period, it is generally valid for a “reasonable amount of time”. This of course will vary according to the nature of the contract and the type of goods or services provided. - See more at: www.legalmatch.com...

www.legalmatch.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I think you may have looked at this with your dislike of CERN and your distrust of its activities colouring your perspective on the matter of the meaning of this contract issue.

Because I do not hate CERN and do not believe in any of the occult nonsense being spouted about it, I do not see what you see. All I see is an organisation dealing with some of the most complicated research apparatus, and for that matter, some of the most complicated practical and theoretical science being done anywhere on this planet, which offers five year minimum contracts which offer experience which makes the employee look very good to future employers, and offers those wanting to spend their lives devoted to unpicking the translation key for the most intricate web of information that we can even BEGIN to comprehend, the opportunity to work on a project to either its completion, or until it is handed down to the next generation, after an individual retires.

That is actually a bloody brilliant system, and CERN employees get pretty well looked after from what I hear, not to mention being rock stars in their field. Seriously, those dudes and dudettes get the sort of reaction from others in their field not as fortunate or accomplished, as Slash would from the lead guitarist of a crappy bar band.

They are not chained to their desks. They are doing what they love, and getting paid for it. That is not slavery. Not in the least. Put it this way, if someone wanted to pay me a heap of money and look after things like my room and board whilst I am on shift, to drink vast amounts of rum, talk to interesting people in bars and write poetry all day then I would be all over that like bubbles on the top of a pint of Guinness.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join