It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tenn. county to consider resolution begging God to spare them ‘His coming wrath’ over gay marria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

ON Monday, the Blount County Board of Commissioners will consider a resolution asking God to spare their region from “His coming wrath” because the “lawless judiciary” of the U.S. is forcing them recognize same-sex marriages.

The proposal has been put forth by Commissioner Karen Miller and is listed on the docket as “Resolution condemning judicial tyranny and petitioning God’s mercy. (Resolution 15-10-006)”

I guess locally there is no separation between church and state.

Miller’s resolution calls upon “all of the Officers of the State of Tennessee, the Governor, the Attorney General, and the members of the Tennessee Legislature,” to join the commission in saving “natural marriage,” and defending “the the Moral Standards of Tennessee.”

Fearing that may be too little too late, the passed resolution would also beseech God to not destroy Blount County — like He did Sodom and Gomorrah — for the sins of America.

Blount County must view itself as a very holy place. for....

Presumably God will hold off His wrath until the resolution can be considered as it is listed as seventh on the docket — right after the board takes up compensation levels for Blount County School Board Members.

From you just can't make this **** up department....

www.rawstory.com...

edit on 4-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Can't they petition God's mercy without getting the state legislature involved??? I thought that's what prayer was all about.

Sounds like a theocratic practice. Right?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

*Sighs* even in the so called modern era, its sad some people still live in the Dark Ages.

edit on 4-10-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
‘His coming wrath’.

*Beavis and Butthead laugh*

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
These people don't believe in God...

They believe in The Devilish...

They make idols of men in sports gear and prostrate at the alter of the 2nd Amendment...
There is nothing pious about these people...

They do not want to stave off God's wrath for good reasons...
They do so out of selfish preservation...

Otherwise they'd pray for the "sinners"...
Instead they pray for themselves.

Im willing to bet that The Almighty laughs at such antics.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well if we can petition God thru a local legislature. I wonder if we could also get God to do something about the smell coming from our sewer treatment plant and the potholes out on 550. I'm convinced that only by an act of God, will these pressing issues be addressed. They always blow off the residents at the city council meeting. We should call down Gods wrath on them!!
edit on 4-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs Bravo! major applause.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

What a load of INSANITY. And a WASTE of time and money. Utterly ridiculous.

I would like to propose a resolution for Kentucky and Tennessee to be forcibly expelled from the union - with high walls to keep them all INSIDE. I wouldn't miss them at all, except for the lovely terrain - and I can find those same conditions in other places.
edit on 10/4/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

But I like their chicken

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Meh. Not like the recipe isn't widely available.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Maybe we could petition to God to hasten the rapture and get it overwith. So we can get on with our lives without their drivel interrupting us.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
I would like to propose a resolution for Kentucky and Tennessee to be forcibly expelled from the union - with high walls to keep them all INSIDE.

Not acceptable. I need my Bourbon.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Hold on I thought it was a secret made with unicorn sweat and the recipe is locked in a vault in Kentucky and only Sanders can open it?.
Bah childhood ruined

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone really, I mean only highly superstitious people ever get elected....

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

sigh.

Chicken and Bourbon do not a paradise make.

Fine, if you're that concerned, chicken and bourbon can be their exports.

edit on 10/4/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is kinda jumping the gun a bit don't ya think?
They haven't even been presented with the proposal yet alone approved anything.
Shouldn't we wait till they have a chance to laugh her out of the room before we condem anybody but the nutter that proposed the resolution?

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Chicken and Bourbon do not a paradise make.

If Heaven were filled with fried chicken and Bourbon I would sign up for the Rapture yesterday.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

People unclear on the concept.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I guess locally there is no separation between church and state.

Separation of Church and State merely means the State cannot dictate what church you must belong and go to.

Unfortunately, and oxymoronically fortunately, local governments have the right to make laws that fit their demographic so long as it doesn't impede federal law.

Thus, the right to be utterly...dumbfoundedly...slack-jawed and drooling stupid in making laws.

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Fearing that may be too little too late, the passed resolution would also beseech God to not destroy Blount County — like He did Sodom and Gomorrah — for the sins of America.

For the sins of America?

If God were going to punish us for our actual sins - directly and immediately - Tennessee would have been nothing but salt long before Karen was even born
edit on 10/4/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join