It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporate Logos - my findings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Look at this picture of Jesus.

Now using the logic that some posters here have displayed let's see what we can find.

Firstly, notice his hand? Isn't that the shape of a pyramid he's making there? And the 3 dots on the Bible. Don't they also form a pyramid?
What about the dots in the centre of the Bible that he's holding? Add them up with the cross that they surround and you get 13. And just look at the number of pages that the Bible seems to contain - 7!!!! Another very occultic number!!!

So do we basically have a painting of a Satanic Jesus here? Of course not.

Some people will see whatever they like. They may just as well be blind.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Leveller]

He shoots........he scores. I love rational thought.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Not even a close comparison, boys.

You'll never, ever, ever, ever convince me that there is not a complete and utter saturation of satanic symbolism in these logos, so don't even try.

I didn't post this for you to try to convince me otherwise, I've already moved way beyond the "third eye blind" stage. I posted it for you to go out there and see how seriously messed up this is.

By the way, I find it hilarious how there are Masons on this site jumping all over anything to dispute it. I didn't even mention the Mason's when I started this thread, but low and behold, they show up to try to difuse it. I guess that's just yet another coincidence just like all these symbols.

My last word.. watch Independence Day for a tonne of subliminal messages about the Illuminati and Masons. Fox made the movie, and the most obvious giveaway is when David is explaining to the President how the "aliens" are using the satellites to communicate. Here is the quote from the movie:

---
DAVID
It's about "Line o sight," Mr. President...

David draws a circle representing Earth and a smaller circle just away from it.

DAVID
If you wanted t coordinate with ships all over the world, you couldn't send one signal to every place at the same time. That's called line of sight...

Drawing a line from the ship of either side of the Earth, we SEE that you could not send a signal to the other side.

DAVID (cont'd) ...you'd need to relay your signal using satellites...

David draws small satellites surrounding Earth.

DAVID (cont'd) ...to reach each ship. I have found a signal hidden inside our own satellite network.
-----

Now pause the movie when he finishes drawing the satellites around the earth. I don't have a picture of it, but this is exactly the shape of what he drew:

www.utlm.org...

Go back and re-read the dialogue. Its actually quite chilling, the whole movie is not about aliens at all. There's tonnes of other symbolism, such as the pyramid with the all seeing eye at Area 51.

Good luck out there.

Amen.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I can see how some of these things are appearing in logos and such, but to be honest, I don't think it's any indication of a conspiracy.

Why you're seeing all these "satanic" images in logos:

• Certain fonts (like cursive) are going to lend themselves to numbers or symbols being inferred from looking at it in certains ways.
  • Certain designs are going to unintentionally produce symbols. The most common geometric designs are the circle, square, and triangle. This is not because of occult origins, but because they are the shapes with the least number of sides.
  • Symbols often have multiple meanings. Thus, seeing a Bull in a logo could be a symbol of strength or prosperity. Seeing the head and horns in a goth club might mean demon worship, or it might just mean they thought it looked cool. Seeing it in a restaurant might mean you're in a place that's proud of their steaks. People see what they want in symbols.
  • Logos are in the business of being remembered. It's kind of the point. Certain geometric designs help "guide the eyes" to the area they want you to look at, or are meant to inspire a certain positive feeling. This is also used in photography, paintings, architecture, landscaping. It's called direction, or guidelines.
  • My fiance took a graphic design class in college. She had to design something like 20 different logos for a museum of science, from scratch, and brainstorm 50. She was not allowed to use any recognizable shapes, pictures, clip art, etc. Even enlisting my aid, we were hard pressed to even come up with the required 20 to design, much less 50. I suggest trying it yourself. I think you'll find eyes, pyramids, and other such things appear even when you didn't intend it.
  • Some of the logos you named were designed by my fiance's professor, who is a died in the wool Southern Baptist, living in the buckle of the Bible Belt. Though I'll keep my views on them to myself, I'm pretty sure that, of all people, they would not intentionally design such a thing.

In essence, as others said, you can see what you like in logos. They are designed to be memorable, and they are designed to convey a message. But I'm fairly certain that if one can pull 666 out of Coca Cola, they can pull any symbol they want out of almost any context imaginable. This would be more indicative of an individual who has some serious subconcious issues with their religious beliefs, than of any conspiracy on the part of...well...everything.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serum39
Oh and just for fun, I often hide my own symbols and initials in some of my work.

There you go-

Have you (Serum) considered:
    by putting your own symbols and initials in your work you are advertising yourself?
    by so doing you are proving what Logo has been been posting occurs sometimes?
    you are using subliminal suggestions?

I love this 'logo' stuff.

Symbolism sells! Remember 'Joe the Camel?' Camel cigarettes were making slow death cool.

As to some date of a 'Satanic bible' this is of little importance regarding symbols and symbolism. Symbolism has been used since before recorded history. Much of the makers intended message may get lost or misread or not understood but the intent to convey is still there.
The 'yield sign' and the Star of David:
the yield sign has been used for decades and has become embedded in the modern psyche, Gaelic yield sign. Modern man has become accustomed to the meaning that he should (must?) give way to others should he see this symbol.
The triangle (other half of the 'star') denotes what? God to some, Satan to others, attention to some. Regardless, it denotes a supreme entity or something worthy of note.

Jewish lore links the symbol to the "Seal of Solomon", the magical signet ring used by King Solomon to control demons and spirits. Jewish lore also links the symbol to a magic shield owned by King David that protected him from enemies. Following Jewish emancipation after the French revolution, Jewish communities chose the Star of David to represent themselves, comparable to the cross used by most Christians.

Some Orthodox Jewish groups reject the use of the hexagram because of its association with "magic" and the "occult". Yet the Star of David remains an important symbol within legitimate Jewish mysticism and the Kabbala. Some Haredi groups, such as Neturei Karta, reject it because of its association with Zionism.

Great 'logo.' Historical roots, readily recognizable, fluid meaning.

So, where does this leave us? Are logos useful? Sure they are. They are used to inform, differentiate, and initiate impulses (consumerism 101). Other than their egalitarian uses, do logos have have other uses? This is the crux of arguments.

What does something mean?
Can 'it' mean more than one thing?
Can 'it' be used to control people?
(have you noticed that in Logo's avatar there are four sets of horned Owl eyes? Also, I notice the cross is symbolically 'held' by the encumbering vines- interesting)

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
what exactly is the point ? if you can somehow find something in a logo that can be connected to the occult it must be stopped ? Should I get my pitchfork and torch ?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Aw, come on ben91069 and Madhatter. Just look at what LogoWatch is saying ....

Freemasonary ... Illuminati ... satanic symbolism ... conspiracy ...

Don't you see?

Err. No. Neither do I.

And by the way, ben. There's a couple of 9's in your name, you know.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogoWatch

You'll never, ever, ever, ever convince me that there is not a complete and utter saturation of satanic symbolism in these logos, so don't even try.

The purpose is not to "convince" you of anything; rather, it is to consider what you've posted, and ascertain whether you are correct or are in error, regardless of what you are "convinced" of.

But your above comment is rather telling; it indicates that you are willing to defend your ideology regardless of whether it can be proven wrong. This is the very definition of being mind controlled.

By the way, I find it hilarious how there are Masons on this site jumping all over anything to dispute it. I didn't even mention the Mason's when I started this thread, but low and behold, they show up to try to difuse it. I guess that's just yet another coincidence just like all these symbols.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I just simply ignored your writings until you lied about Pike; you are the one who brought Masons into it. And if you can be so wrong about Brother Pike, I suppose you can be wrong about everything else.

Oh well.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Yeah and you guys would love to Denny this one to,and the masons on here have said it was Alister Crowley who first turned the pentagram upside down in 1950? they knew how to do it well before him

www.riseofthebeast.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I'll say the same thing about the Masons that I do about Microsoft. Regardless of whatever scandal did or did not happen in the past, the fact remains that both organizations contribute a hell of a lot more money towards charities, perform a lot more acts of philantropy, and have produced better engineers than most other organizations, and certainly more than the people who are currently bashing them based off of stuff that someone else told them was true.

If I'm wrong in this, please, by all means, show me all the mercy hospitals and dormitories and libraries, and receipts for billions donated to charity that you Mason & Microsoft haters' organizations have given to society, and I will eat my words. And being a taxpayer doesn't count. Charity required by law is no charity at all.

Until then, let's cease bashing our fellow members organizations and focus on the thread subject...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Look at

The B in bay looks like a 13, I can see a 6 in P and 2 in the B.

Does this mean a bittorrent site is part of the NWO?

You can read just about anything you want into a complicated logo.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Pyramid

added is also shown as a triangle

Eye
Owl
Devil's tail

added can you detail the use and the actual image

Sun

added is also shown as a circle

Torch
5 point star

How about thinking of : -

The equilateral triangle on it�s own is the symbol of the Trinity. The three distinct angles combine to make one complete figure.

The infamous all seeing eye = The All-Seeing Eye. This all-seeing eye of God looks out from the triangle of the Trinity. It is found in some English and Greek churches.

The circle is a Christian symbol which stands for eternity, because it is without beginning and without end.

Burning Torch (argument placed regarding the statue of liberty) = Burning Torch
As a Christian symbol it signifies witnessing for Christ. "Let your light so shine." (Matthew 5:16).

Pentagram = The Five Pointed Star
The Epiphany Star. The Star of Jacob (Numbers 24:17) finds it fulfillment in the "manifestation" of Jesus to the Gentiles (Matt. 2:1,2).

Some of the many symbols used to tie masonry to occultism include: -

The Beehive = The symbol of St. Chrysostrum. John, Bishop of Constantinople became the most eloquent preacher of the early Church, and so was called Chrysostrum, or Golden-mouthed. Legend says that when he was a baby, a swarm of bees settled on his mouth.

Serpant around a Staff = Symbol of St. Patrick. A captive British boy in Ireland, Patrick escaped and was educated in continental monasteries. Later he returned to Ireland preaching and teaching the Gospel and building churches. Patron saint of Ireland

Square = Apostle Thomas. A carpenter's square and a spear, because this apostle is said to have built a church with his own hands, in India. Later, he was persecuted there and was killed with a spear by a pagan priest. It is also used in the symbol for St. Joseph. Joseph was the husband of Mary, the mother if Jesus. All that is known of Joseph is found in the first two chapters of Matthew and Luke. In Matthew, he is described as a "just man." First Century.

The emblem of the Knights Templar (a slanted cross inside a royal crown) = The Crown and Cross. These symbolize the reward of the faithful in the life after death to those who believe in the crucified Savior. "Be thou faithful unto death and I will give thee the Crown of Life", Rev. 2:10

The four teed cross = The Jerusalem or Crusader's Cross. Usually has four small crosses between the arms, the five crosses symbolizing the five wounds of our Lord. Worn by Godfrey de Bouillon, first ruler of Jerusalem after the liberation from the Moslems

The Pheonix = A mythical bird which at death bursts into flame but rises from its own ashes. Symbol of the Resurrection and immortal life used by Christianity. Also they are included in the symbol for St. Francis. The well-born Francis resolved to devote his life to God. Founded the Franciscans, the members of which embrace complete poverty, and help the sick and suffering.

Crossed Keys used by officers of lodge such as treasurer = the symbol of the Apostle Peter. The crossed keys recall Peter's confession and our Lord's gift to him of the keys of the kingdom. See Matt. 16:18,19.

Columns/Pillars = Used for the symbol of St. Athanasius. Athanasius was Bishop of Alexandria and an unusual student of Holy Scriptures. He was an authority on the ecclesiastical and canon laws of the Church and exerted a powerful influence in the Church. A single pillar represents St. Simeon. As a boy Simeon joined the community of St. John Stylites. For sixty nine years he lived on the top of pillars within the monastery, in the exercise of religious contemplation

Broken Column/Pillars or Ruined Temples = St. Titus is represented by a derelict columned temple. A convert of St. Paul, and mentioned in the Pauline epistles as his brother and co-partner in his labours. Reputedly the first Bishop of Crete. First Century

Serpents are a common argument to prove a group is occultist, but many do not realise the serpent is used in the symbols for : -

Apostle John, as an apostle
Early writers state that John once drank from a poisoned chalice and was unharmed.

St. Hilda
Of royal blood, Hilda took the habit of a nun. Because of her piety and holy life she was soon appointed abbess. Her influence was a factor in securing unity in the English church.

I have obtained all this information from a Christian source so there is no concern with lies, bending of truth etc, check them all at home.rochester.rr.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Oh boy, somebody has been staring too hard at the paperweight the company gave them for their birthday...

A little about marketing. A company logo is designed a number of different ways and then market research through surveys and other means are conducted to see what the public likes. In that case, it's not the corporations that choose supposed satanic symbols, but us! Imagine that. Anyhow, from the satanist who educated me on the symbols they use, I don't see any convincing arguments here or on the links.

Originally posted by Masonic Light
There really isn't any such thing as "satanic symbols" anyway. The symbols known by the vulgar as "satanic" are in reality nothing more than rip-offs of Hermetic and Alchemical symbolism, popularized as "satanic" by a certain charlatan named Howard Stanton Levey, a/k/a, "Anton Szandor LaVey". He popularized a few symbols from mysticism, gave them a diabolical looking makeover, and made a few bucks off it. That's pretty much the beginning and the ending of "satanic symbols."

That may be the origin, I'm not sure. I was taught by afore mentioned satanist how the actual satanic symbols were bastardizations of Christian and Jewish faiths and can see where he was coming from. Origins aside, satanists do in fact use them and empower them. They work for satanists functionally and for spreading their word. Also, they've added stuff over the years. If you want publicized satanic symbols, check out Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil album cover and some Led Zepplin covers (ZOSO, etc.). It's a shame 'cause I like their music... Anyway, it's far from 'the end' of satanic symbols.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Aw, come on ben91069 and Madhatter. Just look at what LogoWatch is saying ....

Don't get me wrong I can see what LogoWatch is saying.

I just think that without tying it all into something else, it just
reamains a single event (sorry it's early in the morning and event is
not the right word).
You need a few more pieces of the puzzle yet

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hello Logowatch

As has been prevously posted - Done to Death...
If you look hard enough you will find whatever you wish to see.

Try some other topics and broaden your perspective

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You have voted Bondi for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Excellent work, Bondi. If only I thought it could do any good against those who will ignore fact and reason in exchange for the excitement of yellow journalism. You have my thanks and applause. Perhaps someone will listen.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
If you want publicized satanic symbols, check out Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil album cover and some Led Zepplin covers (ZOSO, etc.). It's a shame 'cause I like their music..

The symbols on the cover of Led Zeppelin IV were actually Celtic runes, not satanic symbols.

I googled the Motley Crue album, and took a look. The cover of the album features an inverted Pentagram enclosed within a circle. I'm glad you brought this up because it will allow me to elaborate on the comments I made earlier concerning "satanic symbols".

First, let me state that I do not believe that the Motley Crue band are satanists in any way. Rather, I believe they were trying to make a quick buck by capitalizing on being "cool", i.e., appearing dangerous. They no doubt borrowed this symbolism from LaVey. LaVey, in turn, borrowed this symbol from Hermetics, but appears to have had no idea what it really meant.

In a sense, the inverted Pentagram is satanic, but not in the same sense that most people consider it to be. Allow me to briefly explain its meaning, and you may be able to understand what it indicates with contemplation.

The Pentagram, or Five Pointed Star, was used by the ancient Greek philosophers and Initiates as a symbol of the Elements. They believed that matter was composed of either one, or a combination, of four different elements, viz., Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. Furthermore, they believed in a non-material Element that pervaded and manifested itself in the material Elements. The Pre-Socratics called this Fifth Element "aethyr", but the Socratics, Platonists, and Aristotelians simply called it "spirit". To give you a better understanding of what they meant, a Jedi, for example, would call this "the Force".

Each point of the Pentagram represents one of these Five Elements. According to the sages, man in his natural state is symbolized by the inverted Pentagram, because in him, spirit is dominated by matter. This is what makes it "evil", so to speak: the point of Spirit is buried beneath the material, and indicates a man with a materialistic mind.

In the Ancient Mysteries, the inverted Pentagram symbolized the "profane", i.e., the uninitiated, because it was believed that the profane were not capable of comprehending spiritual truth. The masses practiced exoteric religion, but were more concerned with business, making money, and other material things, rather than spiritual enlightenment. Therefore, the upright Pentagram, with one point upward, became the symbol of initiation, indicating that the Initiate had raised the spritual point to its proper place, allowing it to dominate matter, instead of vice versa.

Further, the inverted Pentagram resembles the head of a goat, while the upright Pentagram resembles a man standing erect with his arms outstretched to heaven. In this sense, the goat represents the Greek god Pan; Pan was not "evil" in the common view of the word, but in the Mysteries he represented man's animalistic nature which must be overcome in order to attain enlightenment. Again, Pan represents matter dominating spirit; and the man with his arms outstretched represents the comprehension of spiritual truth.

Apparently, LaVey knew little of the symbol's real meaning. He knew that the Adepts of the Mysteries considered it "evil", but did not appear to know exactly why, and so he simply plagiarized as a symbol for his anti-Christian movement.

[edit on 4-1-2005 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The symbols on the cover of Led Zeppelin IV were actually Celtic runes, not satanic symbols.

Some are, some aren't, yes? Has anyone satisfactorily explained the ZOSO anagram as celtic? I'd like to know because I've heard different. I'm not saying I'm absolutely right, as satanic friend may have been trying to spin me.

I googled the Motley Crue album, and took a look. The cover of the album features an inverted Pentagram enclosed within a circle. I'm glad you brought this up because it will allow me to elaborate on the comments I made earlier concerning "satanic symbols".

First, let me state that I do not believe that the Motley Crue band are satanists in any way. Rather, I believe they were trying to make a quick buck by capitalizing on being "cool", i.e., appearing dangerous.

I follow ya, but someone somewhere in the production understood what it meant in relation to 'Shout at the Devil' and evocation, yes? Good album by the way minus that song.

Further, the inverted Pentagram resembles the head of a goat, while the upright Pentagram resembles a man standing erect with his arms outstretched to heaven. In this sense, the goat represents the Greek god Pan; Pan was not "evil" in the common view of the word, but in the Mysteries he represented man's animalistic nature which must be overcome in order to attain enlightenment. Again, Pan represents matter dominating spirit; and the man with his arms outstretched represents the comprehension of spiritual truth.

Reading the above made me ill with a flash of memory, but no sense explaining it on a public post. Anyhow, had you heard anyone relate the star to the star of Bethlehem and the act of encasing said items with circles or double circles? Honestly I'm getting some weird matching and mismatching of information and am interested in resolving.

Apparently, LaVey knew little of the symbol's real meaning. He knew that the Adepts of the Mysteries considered it "evil", but did not appear to know exactly why, and so he simply plagiarized as a symbol for his anti-Christian movement.

Perhaps he did this because he felt this or was lead to it? Having detailed encounters/occurences, I'm not quick to dismiss the guidance of non-human sources.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Some are, some aren't, yes? Has anyone satisfactorily explained the ZOSO anagram as celtic? I'd like to know because I've heard different. I'm not saying I'm absolutely right, as satanic friend may have been trying to spin me.

My knowledge of Celtic runes is zip; however, in the Zeppelin biography "The Hammer of Gods", Jimmy Page says he copied the symbols from a Celtic runic alphabet. The runic letters spell out the word "Four", i.e., it was their fourth album.

Good album (Motley Crue) by the way minus that song.

Yikes! I hated those hairspray and lipstick bands!

Anyhow, had you heard anyone relate the star to the star of Bethlehem and the act of encasing said items with circles or double circles?

A similar symbol is used by the Order of the Eastern Star, but without circles. There, the symbol represents the Star of Bethlehem, so the Hermetic meaning is lost.

Perhaps he (LaVey) did this because he felt this or was lead to it? Having detailed encounters/occurences, I'm not quick to dismiss the guidance of non-human sources.

To understand LaVey's meaning, it's first necessary to understand. One very important thing to remember was that neither Lavey nor his "Church of Satan" were actually devil worshipers. As mentioned in LaVey's book "The Satanic Bible", LaVey himself was a complete atheist, and the Church of Satanist was/is an atheistic organization.

LaVey chose to take on the character of a diabolist for several reasons, most importantly because he wanted to mock Christianity, which he considered a religion of hypocrites. LaVey did not believe in "non-human sources." In fact, LaVey's Satanism teaches that everyone is his/her own "god".

On the other hand, even though they were not devil worshipers, it could be argued that LaVey's group actually practiced satanism in its purest form. This "real" satanism is not devil worship, but it worships the carnal while ignoring the spiritual. In this sense, the inverted Pentagram is indeed a good symbol for them, and it is at least possible that LaVey used that symbol in this respect.

If one reads "The Satanic Bible", it is easliy seen to be just a plagiarism of the ideas of the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, with a little bit of Aleister Crowley rip-offs thrown in. The only reason that LaVey even wrote it was that Avon Books approached him with a million dollar book deal in order to cash in on his notoriety. In the end, satanism doesn't amount to much more than a money-making scam. But once again, it could be argued that a money-making scam is the true satanism.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   

My knowledge of Celtic runes is zip; however, in the Zeppelin biography "The Hammer of Gods", Jimmy Page says he copied the symbols from a Celtic runic alphabet. The runic letters spell out the word "Four", i.e., it was their fourth album.

I don't know if we're talking about the same symbols (i.e. including the ZOSO)...it's been a while since I've seen the album so unfortunately I couldn't pin down which one other than to say I know it was on the back, white print on black background.

Yikes! I hated those hairspray and lipstick bands!

Not Poison and Bon Jovi, but Def Leppard, Scorpions and Quiet Riot. Hm, no love for them either I suppose?

Anyhow, had you heard anyone relate the star to the star of Bethlehem and the act of encasing said items with circles or double circles?

A similar symbol is used by the Order of the Eastern Star, but without circles. There, the symbol represents the Star of Bethlehem, so the Hermetic meaning is lost.

Interesting. Thanks for all the info & perspective.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I don't know if we're talking about the same symbols (i.e. including the ZOSO)...it's been a while since I've seen the album so unfortunately I couldn't pin down which one other than to say I know it was on the back, white print on black background.

That's the one. It's sometimes called "ZOSO" because the runes look similar to those letters.

Not Poison and Bon Jovi, but Def Leppard, Scorpions and Quiet Riot. Hm, no love for them either I suppose?

Scorpions were ok, but they weren't really pretty boys like the other ones you mentioned. Also, Scorpions came out in the '70's, so they didn't have to succumb to the 80's hairspray fad.
My faves were the Beatles, Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Bad Company, that sort of thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join