It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Should Threaten to Resign if the Congress doesn’t do something this time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Ya but what is the year range, from when to when.
Because they had a drop of crime as well, so that is why I am asking.

This generation is no different then the previous ones, it is just the previous one saying it was better so it must be that this new one is at fault.

The person to blame in all of this is the kid that pulled the trigger, plain and simple.

n Chicago if you see a kid that looks like he is ten years old trying to break into a vending machine and you try to stop him or tell him not to do it, he will just shoot you. And not even think about it. That is the scary part. It wont bother him the slightest bit.

I am sure you would be able to back this up, that we just have 10 year olds running around murdering people.

edit on stThu, 01 Oct 2015 21:30:52 -0500America/Chicago1020155280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: caterpillage

Because it shifts the blame?

Guns can't be the blame, it has to be this generation!

Why? Shootings happened before as well.

Truth is a strong word, that means beyond shadow of a doubt.

Two things. First, guns don't 'do' anything. They are tools and nothing more. So the blame was never on the gun in the first place. Second, there has never been such a gross disrespect for life as there is right now. There was always violence of some kind, but not like this. Not what we are seeing today. This generation is different. Not better, just different.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Maybe he should try turning congress off, then waiting 30 seconds, then turn it back on again. If that doesn't work then get a new congress - if you are still experiencing a stagnant response, it is the user himself in which case, log off and go away - let another user who knows what they are doing log on.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I call BS on your 'this generation has no respect for life'.

Don't understand how anyone could quantify that, only use very wild speculation.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Anyway I think it would be a great act of sacrifice and wisdom and a teaching moment if Obama threatened the GOP with his resignation if they continue with their apathy to a life and death problem within the American culture

Maybe this is being facetious but maybe he could threaten shutting down the government

Or vetoing some of the pork going to those southern states

I seriously doubt Obama has the kind of guts and heart to do this but it would be a great threat to the GOP and a shock to the system of apathy and deadlock

Congress isn't going to resign but we need to start putting in place in this country a mechanism where we can delete the congress and vote in a new one.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Because it shifts the blame?

Guns can't be the blame, it has to be this generation!

Why? Shootings happened before as well.

Truth is a strong word, that means beyond shadow of a doubt.

Yeah, I guess in some way it does tend to shift the blame from the gun to the person holding the gun, and pulling the trigger. I guess that's wrong? It's the gun that did it then?

I have guns, some for 20 plus years, and none of them have ever killed anyone or anything. Sure, it's possible my guns aren't crazy enough to go on a killing spree, but other ones are.

You may be entirely right. I may owe you an apology. I'm sorry, yes, the gun is to blame for our ills in this country, take them out of the picture and we will have love and peace everywhere, puppies and bunnies will run rampant through the streets of Chicago.

edit on 10 1 2015 by caterpillage because: Weird ATS link insertion screw up

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I seriously believe that the problem with people doing these things is the massive increase in drugs used to treat mental disorders and being used on kids with developing brains. They never learn how to handle their emotions and feelings like normal people do growing up. You cannot alter brain chemistry in developing minds and expect them to be normal. This is a huge problem that no one want to admit to, but these things started happening since the big pharma party on money used to treat mental issues, like normal depression, anxiety, etc. that we all have at one point or another. But, in recent time it is all covered up by drugs until these in a small percentile break and do something like this.

Guns have been around since the country began. It is time for people to realize the real issues. Things are going to get a whole lot worse with the separation driven politics creating class and race wars, not to mention the clash of culture issues.

edit on 1/10/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

No the person is to blame, I have said that over and over again.

But this rhetoric that we keep hearing that the reason he did it is this and that is bogus.
They are trying to change the tool that he used IMO,.

People have killed people forever, we just happen to massively produce their favorite choice to do so.

We flood the black market so like people say, it is just as easy to get a gun illegally.
edit on stThu, 01 Oct 2015 21:36:47 -0500America/Chicago1020154780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on stThu, 01 Oct 2015 21:42:20 -0500America/Chicago1020152080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Ya but what is the year range, from when to when.
Because they had a drop of crime as well, so that is why I am asking.

This generation is no different then the previous ones, it is just the previous one saying it was better so it must be that this new one is at fault.

The person to blame in all of this is the kid that pulled the trigger, plain and simple.

n Chicago if you see a kid that looks like he is ten years old trying to break into a vending machine and you try to stop him or tell him not to do it, he will just shoot you. And not even think about it. That is the scary part. It wont bother him the slightest bit.

I am sure you would be able to back this up, that we just have 10 year olds running around murdering people.

This generation is different. When I was a teenager there was a murder in my home town. One. It made the news and everyone was shocked and talked about it for months. Now it happens all the time. If you want to find out about ten year olds shooting people, don't ask me. Go to downtown Chicago near one of the projects, if you can get a cab to even take you there, and see for yourself. It will take you about two minutes to find out the hard way that your rhetoric is nothing but that.

The running average was 40% higher after the ban. The whole data field shifted 40% higher. It still ebbed and waned but overall the average was 40% higher. As for the drops in crime, as I said, it ebbs and wanes. But one other thing to take into consideration is that many of these so called drops in the rate of violent crime are nothing more than the manipulation of data.

Chicago politics is famous for changing the classification of some crimes when it suits their best interests. For example, if there is a spike in one particular aspect under the heading of violent crime, say domestic violence, and the numbers overall are looking bad, they will simply reclassify domestic violence as something else and take that percentage of crimes out of the overall number of incidents. It happens here all the time. That is why we don't pay attention to those numbers any more. Its a waste of time. Back in the day, yes the numbers meant something. But they were soon determined to be an easy way to change the public view on the subject without actually doing anything.
edit on 1-10-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

I seriously believe that the problem with people doing these things is the massive increase in drugs used to treat mental disorders and being used on kids with developing brains.

That, and the increase in illegal drug use.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Why can't you just tell me where the 40% number comes from?

What was the before, what was the after?

That is why we don't pay attention to those numbers any more. Its a waste of time.

Ok.... so we don't pay attention to the drops but on the raises?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Threaten to resign??? Guffaw.

That would assure Congress did nothing....

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Even if they rook everyone's gun, they would be smuggled in for the criminals just lie all the drugs that are illegal and very easy to get just about anywhere. The only people that had guns besides police would be criminals and they would love that as they would not have to fear home invasion, robbery, etc. Then you would be crying you don't have any protection next.

The answer is not and never will be more gun control. If this students or teacher were armed, there would only be one or tow injuries or death and not so many. Our border is wide open to smuggling and any machine shop, bug or small (garage) could manufacture untraceable firearms. There are people today that do this. Gin control laws won't work.

The chief of police of Europol came out a month or two ago and claimed gun control doesn't work ans they are outgunned by the jihadis. They have trainees go out into the street and try to purchase an AK47 and most are able to complete this in 2 hours.

European Police Reveal Why Gun Control Is Failing ...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Oh please! Please! Please! Resign Obama, Do IT! DO IT! DO IT!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Why can't you just tell me where the 40% number comes from?

What was the before, what was the after?

That is why we don't pay attention to those numbers any more. Its a waste of time.

Ok.... so we don't pay attention to the drops but on the raises?

IT COMES FROM THE CHICAGO PUBLIC LIBRARY DEPOSITORY OR GOVERNMENT STATISTICS.

IT WAS 40% HIGHER AFTER THE BAN WENT INTO EFFECT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH? THE RATE OF INCIDENT WENT UP 40%. UP. AS IN HIGHER. MORE THAN. GREATER IN QUANTITY. UP. DO YOU EXPECT ME TO QUOTE THE EXACT NUMBER OF CRIMES PER YEAR OVER A RANGE OF DECADES FOR YOU? GO LOOK IT UP YOURSELF. READING A BOOK MIGHT NOT BE A BAD IDEA FOR YOU.

WTFIYP???

ONE OTHER THING - TAKE THAT DENY IGNORANCE STATEMENT OFF YOUR SIGNATURE UNTIL YOU START DOING IT.
edit on 1-10-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

I seriously believe that the problem with people doing these things is the massive increase in drugs used to treat mental disorders and being used on kids with developing brains.

I agree. I will bet anything that Mercer had been prescribed anti-psychotics or anti-depressants.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Well Breitbart is saying he said that.
Based on the article he just said people are smuggling them in. Don't think any one would say that gun control stops them from doing that.
But you don't even need to smuggle them in here in the states, we mass produce them right here.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

For all we know, as it was the first day for legal pot, he was on a prescribed anti-psychotic or anti-depressant and decided to smoke a little weed for the first time and had a bad reaction.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Lol, calm down.
All I was asking was for you to simply show the numbers, the ones that you say are manipulated.

I am not just going to take your statement as it went up 40% as fact, I want you to back it up. When did the 40% increase happen, how long did it last, was it sustained. I know you like to just take things as fact, I don't.
yourlogicalfallacyis.com...
IT IS YOUR JOB TO SHOW IT, NOT MINE. YOU MAKE THE CLAIM, BACK IT THE HELL UP NOT JUST REGURGITATE WHAT YOU READ ON SOME BLOG. See I can type in all caps too, does that make me more right now?!

You say we can't trust the drops because they are manipulated but the rise in numbers needs to be trusted.
So which is it? Is Chicago famous for fudging the numbers or not?
Funny that you trust them when they show one thing but not the other.....

No, I will not stop denying ignorance.

edit on stThu, 01 Oct 2015 21:53:24 -0500America/Chicago1020152480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on stThu, 01 Oct 2015 21:54:31 -0500America/Chicago1020153180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes, now. The thing is people call for more gun control that doesn't work. The Europol police chief said the same thing, I just picked a quick story instead of going back looking for the one in the Guardian I read.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join