It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most profound thing you've stumbled upon lately?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hello Ats members! I am here with one simply question.

No judgement zone here, this isn't a debate thread, it isn't about right or wrong or good or bad or conventional or crazy -Just share your experiences from spiritual/religious awakenings or, in contrast, any rude awakenings you may have had - Or anything in between!

My latest experiences are the spiritual ones. Realizing that we are all connected somehow - Whether this simply means we were made from the same cosmic dust, or that we actually have impacts on each others lives in ways we couldn't image, things unseen - I do not know. This is a topic I wish to further study, the connected-ness of everything, how everything has it's place, including myself. It's opened up a part of my brain that I do not understand yet. I've always been one to "try to change the world" or to shout loudly when something doesn't go my way... But thinking more deeply, realizing others views, opinions, and ways of life- I realize I should learn to be more relaxed.

Anyways! Share away, members! I look forward to seeing what others have experienced.

-Deadlyhope

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
The Saturn-Moon Matrix stuff. Very profound. youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The impossibility of the existence of Hell. I've read through Song of Solomon in my KJV, and haven't found proof yet. I don't expect to in the second half either...
edit on 1-10-2015 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Hi,
Lately, double digit all over the place from clocks, watch, Iphone, ads, etc... Synchronicity.
I had experiences in the past about it. But lately, ho boy! Never stops.
I think the Universe has something to tell me.
I am just like Madona: "watching the signs as I go"
But to where?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
SnF

STEINS;GATE

And nightmares of being nuked

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You're asking a lot OP....

LET ME THINK....

You know I can't answer that.... It's something I cant articulate, and I feel it's always going to be that way.... The power of light I suppose....

Also, that stem cell therapy for macular degeneration can restore sight by regrowing and repairing damaged parts of the eye ball that remove build up of what the scientist on the radio called "junk" which she said actually clear quite a lot of day to day build up in the eyes. In other words, she said, our eye balls do more than just "see".... Something i didn't know, but one of those things that make so much sense you feel you profoundly knew all along...
edit on 1-10-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My first post and it would be fitting to be commenting on this. Recently I have started to find the self I lost years ago. My "extra" abilities were suppressed by fear. Now I am remembering how to see auras and get more in touch with my spiritual side. When I was a kid I could read auras without trying very hard and I remember trying to read tea leaves, but I didn't know why I was doing it, it just felt right. I also saw lots of spirits. Now it's all coming back to me. Very profound for me.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

Power of light, interesting.

I've somewhat come to think that everything is made of light, or photons. It may not be conventional or backed by anything but it's an interesting thought process nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Cateyes13

That would most definitely be profound. I have friends that feel or see auras, and I've always believed that we could sense a person's intentions and such, I mean other animals can, why not us?

Welcome to ats!

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I'm not a fan reductionist thought, except for one, that the universe is infinite and so our we, so our our minds, our thoughts, and our life...

But I appreciate where you're coming from

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Dear Deadlyhope,
The stars on high at five in the morning, the subtle rustle of leaves as the Sun began its climb upon the sky and the birds heralded the new day.
Acorns falling like bullets in the woods, squirrels frantically gathering.
And the smile in the eye of a stranger and a gentle happy voice saying "Good Morning"
To me that and so many more "Little Things" are profound.

I know what you mean though.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I was walking home and I noticed a species of grasshopper I had never seen before on the sidewalk. There were several ants scattered about, their scent trail disrupted, and the grasshopper was feasting on confused ants.

Halfway down the block, was another grasshopper, apparently squished by a foot or boot, and the ants were feasting on him.

Cycle of life man....what goes around comes around.

So it goes.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Cycle of life, an interesting thing for sure.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The apocalypse has arrived. It is us.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That the akkadians may have been followers of Abraham before Isaac took over.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Going to get flamed to hell and back but somehow I inadvertently stumbled onto flat earth theory. I was peripherally aware of it and of course recall what I was taught in school but had never investigated what modern proponents believe.

I have found it interesting to investigate and have yet to make a decision about the matter. It turns things so far on their head from what you are taught to believe that you do not know what you believe. It just confirms Alvin Toffler's idea about future shock and how we come to a point where we have so much information to choose from that making a decision is extremely difficult.

The subject has just shown me that we truly can know nothing that we cannot experience for ourselves. That we place more trust in people and institutions than we care to admit and that realization is at times uneasy.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Yes, hard to articulate. Realized we're all the second coming of Christ

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I think life is full of profound moments that tend to be thrust upon us more often than they are found or realised. They are there for anyone with eyes to see and can be just as unpleasant and disturbing as they can be breathtaking and marvellous.

There's a concept known as 'sonder' in The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows that should achieve its place in the OED. It's this:

I was involved in a small dispute the other day with a guy who was pissed off. He barked at me and didn't know that I was pissed off too. We barked at each other like two dogs passing in a park. That's an aspect of 'sonder' at play.

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This realization:

The world condition is the result of how well or how badly we resonate Love, Light, Sound and Thought.

Since like attracts like, we empower the manifestation of good or evil through the choices we make. In other words, we feed the power of evil to the degree we resonate evil. And (or) we feed the power of goodness to the degree we resonate goodness. As long as we believe evil exists because somebody else created/caused it, we deceive ourselves and enable evil conditions in the world to expand and multiple. Our hatred of the evil we perceive in others, while failing to recognize our own evil, only perpetuates the problems of the world. Such a resonating quagmire can only be resolved by repenting for our ignorance and praying for wisdom.

The fact that few people in the world understand their part in the scheme of events playing out on the world stage means we'll forever be stuck in a vicious cycle of life that's dominated by evil/hate. So let's begin a new global momentum by paying attention to the kind of resonance we are creating within and around us.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join