It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witness'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:
(post by VicenteGarciaTortelli removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by VicenteGarciaTortelli removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: VicenteGarciaTortelli

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: flanimal4114

There is so much information available about Jehovah's Witnesses by themselves on the internet, anyone who truly are sincere can find it.

I will help:

JW.ORG

JW TV (Videos)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The name of God is Jehovah. And his people are called by his name. And they witness about him. They are known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

Just like the scripture said,

(Acts 28:22) . . .But we think it proper to hear from you what your thoughts are, for truly as regards this sect, we know that it is spoken against everywhere.”

Jehovah's Witnesses have the truth. Religion is bad and hurts people. But Jehovah's Witnesses have the true religion. God is not bad, and he does not hurt people. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Encouraging thanks

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Where is the OP? His thread has been taken over whose words have lost all value by calling people dumb and swearing. I am following this thread as I believe it is important to understand how other people believe, I feel that VicenteGarciaTortelli is not being the representative could possibly be if he took a step back and looked at the posts on this thread more objectively.

I am just as guilty of getting emotional in my replies, so don't get me wrong, but I think it's time for other people like JackReyes to step in for those of us who want an accurate representation.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I think this thread has confirmed many peoples perceptions of the Jehovah's Witnesses......cult like, particularly odd, quick to anger and abusive to critics and ex members.
edit on 7-10-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Where is the OP? His thread has been taken over whose words have lost all value by calling people dumb and swearing. I am following this thread as I believe it is important to understand how other people believe, I feel that VicenteGarciaTortelli is not being the representative could possibly be if he took a step back and looked at the posts on this thread more objectively.

I am just as guilty of getting emotional in my replies, so don't get me wrong, but I think it's time for other people like JackReyes to step in for those of us who want an accurate representation.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I told you that I have a problem controlin
My ANGER.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I'm just an angry Italian.

Its okay you don't have to pay attention to me.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: VicenteGarciaTortelli

edit on 9/27/2015 by VicenteGarciaTortelli because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

ARE JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES A CULT?

Answer .......

NO, Jehovah’s Witnesses are NOT a cult. Rather, we are Christians who do our best to follow the example set by Jesus Christ and to live by his teachings.

WHAT IS A CULT?

THE TERM “CULT” MEANS DIFFERENT THINGS TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE.
HOWEVER, consider two common perceptions regarding cults and why those perceptions don’t apply to us.

SOME THINK of a CULT as being a new or unorthodox religion. Jehovah’s Witnesses have not invented a new religion. On the contrary, we pattern our worship after that of the first-century Christians, whose example and teachings were recorded in the Bible. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) We believe that the Holy Scriptures should be the authority on what is orthodox in matters of worship.
SOME THINK of a CULT as being a dangerous religious sect with a human leader. Jehovah’s Witnesses do not look to any human as their leader. Rather, we adhere to the standard that Jesus set for his followers when he stated: “Your Leader is one, the Christ.”—Matthew 23:10.
Far from being a dangerous cult, Jehovah’s Witnesses practice a religion that benefits its members and others in the community. For example, our ministry has helped many people to overcome harmful addictions, such as the abuse of drugs and alcohol. In addition, we conduct literacy classes around the world, helping thousands learn to read and write. And we are actively involved in disaster relief. We work hard to have a positive impact on others, just as Jesus commanded his followers to do.—Matthew 5:13-16.

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Jehovah's Witnesses reject you, shun you, label you, and disfellowship you if you change your spiritual path after having been a witness. If you were once baptized into their organization and lived as a JW, then decided it is not the Truth, you will be labelled an apostate and your family and friends within that organization can no longer associate with you.

There have been many many young men and women who were raised a JW, baptized as a child, then decided after much research and prayer that it was not how they wanted to live nor raise their own children. I have seen the saddest heart break when their own parents, siblings, and life long friends abandoned them and shunned them. So sad.

God is so much bigger than an organized religion, especially one that discourages outside research and contemplation. If you desire indepth spiritual research, you are supposed to use their sources only. Any other research, especially research that discredits their teachings, is prohibited and may get you ousted.

But, I believe in "to each his own". If you choose that religion, be prepared for some serious control. It is not for everyone, especially if you tend to be a free thinker, a seeker, and a spiritual traveller.

Also, I can guarantee that the OP counted time for this thread. (They have to turn in time spent in their efforts to "preach the good news". It is how they climb the ladder within the congregation.) Women don't get to climb.
edit on 7-10-2015 by queenofswords because: spelling correction

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
At no point have I critisized JWs personally, they are just following the rules of a system that is a cult. It is the system that I abhor and they are devout, well intentioned cogs in a machine that they just dont realize is a deception . They are usually the most well controlled people I know. On the whole they live clean lives, no gambling, no tobacco, no sex outside of marriage, no lying (not even in taxes), no recreational drugs, no swearing, no drunkeness, no violence (including war). They are the most tired, depressed and sickly people I know too. The reason is that they do all of this out of thier own strength and it wears them down. The day comes where you don't have the energy to fight your evil self and you succumb. Then the the ones that tempted you to succumb taunt you with thoughts that you are worthless. Repeat this cycle a few hundred times and by the time you are in your mid thirties you are worn out and ready for prozac. Real Christianity is about Christ in you and Christ doing all the hard stuff for you, because you can't. When I came out of the cult I had a hard time controlling my anger now that all the peer pressure and and threat of sanctions had gone. I also felt the most incredible freedom I had ever known.

Rom 3:10 As the Scriptures say: "There is no one who is righteous,
Rom 3:11 no one who is wise or who worships God.
Rom 3:12 All have turned away from God; they have all gone wrong; no one does what is right, not even one.

Php 4:13 I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.

Col 1:27 God's plan is to make known his secret to his people, this rich and glorious secret which he has for all peoples. And the secret is that Christ is in you, which means that you will share in the glory of God.
Col 1:28 So we preach Christ to everyone. With all possible wisdom we warn and teach them in order to bring each one into God's presence as a mature individual in union with Christ.

Eh compare, hai bisogno di chiedere che Gesu ti salva, no solo di dare la tua vita a Geova, ma chiedere che Lui viene e abita dentro di te. Prendita una camomila e pensici.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join