It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witness'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

I'm just here to share a couple of experiences.

Took care of one JW who had gotten so very drunk that he felt it was cool to go bar hopping on foot. He decided to play frogger and cross the highway to get to another bar. He was hit by a car traveling over 55 MPH. He survived. He had also enjoyed several illicit drugs as per his blood tests. He had a liver laceration and the surgeon advised surgery and few units of blood. The guy refused because he was afraid about what his family would think if he had a transfusion. Nevermind his alcoholism and drug abuse, his accepting blood is what he figured his family would consider unacceptable.

Took care of another. An elderly woman. She had many kids and tons of grandkids. She also had a bleeding ulcer. She was bleeding out and very unstable. She knew she was getting ready to meet St. Pete. No visitors were allowed during shift change. She used that time to let us know that she wanted blood transfusions. We had to scramble to get those transfusions in her and then clean up the evidence before her family was allowed back in to visit her. She begged us to not tell her family about her requests. I've always wondered if she would advocate for other family members to receive life-saving blood products after that or if she was willing to let them die.
edit on 1-10-2015 by NiteNGale2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Since I can remember, a number of years, and wisdom counts, not age.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Wow, um, that's interesting lol

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Halloween is all about demonised things and comes from very spiritistic things. It would not be right to go along with something as Jehovah says to be free from these things in Galatians 5 : 20 talking about what things are wrong it says about spiritism.
That is why Halloween is not something we do in a nut shell

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

On that topic of life vs blood I'll get back to you, it is a very deep interesting thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

So I take you are supporting the trinity???
Well it's very simple thing: who did Jesus pray to at Luke 11 : 2-4 and other accations? God can not die so when Jesus died he couldn't have been God if he was then he didn't die, so we would have no hope.
Is this not reason enough???

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: flanimal4114

It would not be right to go along with something as Jehovah says to be free from these things

Why? Why not?

It seems like you're just relying on group mentality now. What do you think?

My first post was made in jest but now I'm genuinely curious.
edit on 1-10-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-10-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

Blood represents life, and through out the mosaic law it is said to not drink or anything like it with blood.

1. But, according to Paul, weren't Christians released from observing the Mosaic laws?

2. Why do JW's believe their version of Christianity is superior to other denominations?

3. How do you respond to the notion that the Jehovah's Witnesses religion is basically just a warmed-over version of the Millerites?

4. How did the founder of the JW's come to the conclusion that 1914 was the year that Jesus assumed the Throne and began issuing-in the end times?

-dex

Ok so one by one:

1) yes we do not go by the mosaic law but it shows how Jehovah feels on matters. And the Greek scriptures also at acts 15:29

2) what do you mean we think superior? If we didn't we wouldn't be part of it would we? Dose not every religion think they are right? We try our best to use the bible, so we would more be just using the bible not being a religion

I'll have to come back in the rest gtg

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Why follow the interpretations of the Bible, offered up by a mortal man, rather than the immortal word of Jesus himself? Why tithe? Why not live in Gods light, free of the toxic nature of all congregational religion of any denomination? Why accept cultism and blasphemy, rather than shake off the dogma and indoctrination, and live free, and walk in the footsteps of Christ himself?

Why do you believe the word as taught by a haberdasher, who was sued for selling dodgy wheat, sold fake cancer cures, and more importantly, why is it that you take the word of a cult formed less than three hundred years ago, as words to live by? Do you understand that by denying that Jesus is the Son of God, that you cannot enter heaven at all, and if not, why not, since the word of a mortal conman has no weight what so ever, and should be discounted by any reasonable person out of hand?

Do you realise that the New World Translation was formulated by ill educated halfwits, not scholars of repute? Do you understand that in creating that "translation", those individuals committed a blasphemy of the most enormous sort, by desecrating and falsifying the word of God? Why is the unfettered word not good enough for the witnesses, such that they risk damnation by following doctrines composed by businessmen, less than three hundred years ago? Why?

Just why?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Most of the time blood transfusions cause more damage than good any ways!!! And that's a fact!!! A lot of the time blood transfusions can be avoided VERY easily!

I have been preforming blood transfusions for years on patients, often in life and death situations. I have personally never seen a adverse reaction, your claims are 100% false. I can respect your beliefs that the spirit resides in our blood but please don't spread this kind of ignorance.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: flanimal4114

So I take you are supporting the trinity???
Well it's very simple thing: who did Jesus pray to at Luke 11 : 2-4 and other accations? God can not die so when Jesus died he couldn't have been God if he was then he didn't die, so we would have no hope.
Is this not reason enough???

I am supporting the deity of Jesus.

The nature of Jesus is this : He was fully God and fully man, one nature does not supersede the other, both natures in one, not divisible. I bet you never knew that is mainstream Christian doctrine? So Jesus had to be fully human to take our sins away and He had to be fully God to bear the sin of the world and nail it to the cross, no human could have taken on sin and become sin, only God could have done that. 2Co 5:21 "for him who did not know sin, in our behalf He did make sin, that we may become the righteousness of God in him."

But back to the question I asked, Jesus says He was God, why don't you believe Him?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have been preforming blood transfusions for years on patients, often in life and death situations. I have personally never seen a adverse reaction, your claims are 100% false. I can respect your beliefs that the spirit resides in our blood but please don't spread this kind of ignorance.

So why are there bloodless clinics in the US? Why do patients who dont recieve blood transfusions recover faster than patients who do? Why did the magic number of a blood count below 10 become the trigger to start infusing blood? You may be a surgeon but no surgeon, unless they have specific reason to, has read all the studies and can comment on a procedure.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Your reluctance to answer worries me.

I would like to know to know how long you have been exposed to it to learn about it and clarify any misconceptions.

Why don't you guys celebrate birthdays?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
When Jehova´s witnesses visit door to door and write down peoples information.. what happens to this information? Is there a registry?
And why they do this regardless that is a violation to personal information protection law ?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I became hypervolemic and required 4 pints of blood. The transfusion not only saved my life, it had instant positive results. I thank those who donate blood. You saved my life.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Why are JW's allowed to celebrate wedding anniversaries but to other holidays.

Do all JW's go to work Christmas day, or take advantage of the paid holidays?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So why are there bloodless clinics in the US? Why do patients who dont recieve blood transfusions recover faster than patients who do? Why did the magic number of a blood count below 10 become the trigger to start infusing blood? You may be a surgeon but no surgeon, unless they have specific reason to, has read all the studies and can comment on a procedure.

I'll tell you what,

If your Hb falls from say 11 to below 5, let me know how you get on with out that blood transfusion.

Really pisses me off that this internet is full of self-proclaimed experts who think because they can use google they are in a position to make ridiculous claims like "blood transfusions cause more damage than good".

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Why has your organization support the teachings of a known occultist?

The Watchtower Society is quite familiar with Pastor Johannes Greber and his translation of The New Testament. They have quoted him at least nine times in their publications dating from 1956 to 1983.

Seven of the quotations were of a positive nature and were used to support the Society's translation of certain biblical passages (such as John 1:1).

The other two were negative in that they exposed Greber as a spiritist who relied on the spirit world to help him translate his New Testament.

In typical Watchtower fashion, the Society got as much mileage out of Greber as possible and when their hand was exposed, they sanctimoniously tossed him aside.

It all began in 1956 in the Watchtower. Greber was revealed as a spiritist who translated the New Testament with help from God's spirits. The article says, in part:

"Says Johannes Greber in the introduction of this translation of the New Testament, copyrighted in 1937: `I myself was a Catholic priest, and until I was forty-eight years old had never as much as believed in the possibility of communicating with the world of God's spirits. The day came, however, when I involuntarily took my first step toward such communication and experienced things that shake me to the depths of my soul...'

edit on 1-10-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

why do they put a number on saved ones?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I have one more question, what does the bible say about how to recognize a false prophet and why has the Watchtower made so many false predictions?

In 1972 the Jehovah's Witness Watchtower claimed to be the prophet of God.

IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"--"So does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? . . . This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses . . . Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a 'prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1972, p. 197). (See Deut. 18:21).

1897 "Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present, since October 1874," (Studies in the Scriptures, vol. 4, p. 621).

1899 " . . . the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Revelation 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced," (The Time Is at Hand, 1908 edition, p. 101).

1916 "The Bible chronology herein presented shows that the six great 1000 year days beginning with Adam are ended, and that the great 7th Day, the 1000 years of Christ's Reign, began in 1873," (The Time Is at Hand, forward, p. ii).

1918 "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection," (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p. 89).

1922 "The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures than 1914," (Watchtower, Sept. 1, 1922, p. 262).

1923 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1923, p. 106).

1925 "The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year," (Watchtower, Jan. 1, 1925, p. 3).

1925 "It is to be expected that Satan will try to inject into the minds of the consecrated, the thought that 1925 should see an end to the work," (Watchtower, Sept., 1925, p. 262).

1926 "Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925, but the Lord did not state so. The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything," (Watchtower, p. 232).

1931 "There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1917, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time . . . and they also learned to quit fixing dates," (Vindication, p. 338).

1941 "Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon," (Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1941, p. 288).

1968 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an 'end to the world', even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? . . . Missing from such people were God's truths and evidence that he was using and guiding them," (Awake, Oct. 8, 1968).

1968 "Why are you looking forward to 1975?" (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1968, p. 494).

A JW might say that the organization is still learning. If that is so, then how can they trust what they are taught now by the Watchtower? Will what they are being taught now change also?

A true prophet of God won't err in prophesying. Only a false prophet does. The Jehovah's Witness organization, that claims to be a prophet of God, is really a false prophet. Jesus warned us by saying, "For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible" (Matt. 24:24).

edit on 1-10-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join