It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our origin acording to presidential candidate Ben Carson

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ben Carson: Creation vs. Evolution Controversy is Part of ‘Satan’s Plan to Get Rid of God’

Dr. Ben Carson, a pediatric neurosurgeon and the best-selling author of six books, gave a talk about creationism vs. evolution and said the controversy over the two issues goes back a long time because it is part of “Satan’s plan” to "get rid of God,” to erase “God’s signature” from the world He created and every person in it.

“We were made in the image of God,” said Dr. Carson in his presentation at the Celebration of Creation conference, as reported by the Adventist News Network.
“Now, this whole creation/evolution controversy has been raging on, really, since the beginning because, what is Satan’s plan? To get rid of God,” said Dr. Carson. “To disparage God. To mischaracterize God.”

“And what is creation?” he said. “Creation is God’s signature, that he created the world and that He created us.”

Dr. Ben Carson, 64, was educated at Yale University and the University of Michigan. He was the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and was also a professor of oncology and pediatrics.

I am not sure where to start with this one. How is possible to be well educated, yet not believe in science but rather fairy tales?!

This, among other things Benny has said just does not make sense and it is unbelievable that someone from medical field has issues with some basics of medicine...

I would be worried for education as well for our well being if someone like this becomes president...

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

I am not sure where to start with this one. How is possible to be well educated, yet not believe in science but rather fairy tales?!

This, among other things Benny has said just does not make sense and it is unbelievable that someone from medical field has issues with some basics of medicine...

I would be worried for education as well for our well being if someone like this becomes president...

Perhaps you yourself need to become more educated in order to understand a complex problem that is not settled Science.

Of course I'm sure you believe Life and the Universe just came into being randomly because... of Science? We all have our fairy tales

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

“We were made in the image of God,”

If we are the image of God then what race is he? Is God male or female? Carson just keeps proving he is a perfect example of a stupid smart person.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Of course I'm sure you believe Life and the Universe just came into being randomly because... of Science?

Well more things can be proven with science than just believing a magical sky fairy snapped it's fingers and created everything.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Humans were born 6000 years ago, im saying it as a Swede, as in the mirror of God. Look Monkeys and you will see

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor
Perhaps you yourself need to become more educated in order to understand a complex problem that is not settled Science.

Of course I'm sure you believe Life and the Universe just came into being randomly because... of Science? We all have our fairy tales

Science regarding evolution is well settled among scientist. There is no doubt about evolution or cosmos origin.

There are few scientist who are unable to separate science and religion, but they don't offer much of counterargument, but rather stay on religion even if all evidence say otherwise.

I see this 'not settled science' when we talk about evolution as well about global climate change. Care to provide evidence that is not settled science?!

Who claimed universe was random or by chance???

originally posted by: buster2010

Of course I'm sure you believe Life and the Universe just came into being randomly because... of Science?

Well more things can be proven with science than just believing a magical sky fairy snapped it's fingers and created everything.

More importantly, does he has reproductive organs, thing we humans have...

edit on 30-9-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

And he doesn't even get that right, as the Bible tells us God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..."

There's more than one god at the time of creation, not just the singular YHWH that religion pretends was there.

But, regardless, this certainly calls into question his ability to think for himself, but I don't consider him a viable candidate anyway, and his soft-spoken nature wouldn't make for a good face of our nation.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Science isn't a belief system it is a method for finding fact.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Considering the rampant symbolism in the bible we would have to nail down what a year is to GOD instead of a litteral idea wouldn't we?
AS to the Christian bashing crap ,get over it.
It isn't important to the people that we drop our faith in favor of the PC secular crowd anyway.
FOX news still holds the top ratings and this won't last long after the infiltarator is ousted.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

ahahhahahahahhaha!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

If science didn't work you wouldn't have a computer to type your laughter on.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

“We were made in the image of God,”

If we are the image of God then what race is he? Is God male or female? Carson just keeps proving he is a perfect example of a stupid smart person.

What makes you think Humans are EXACTLY IDENTICAL to God?

In some bibles, the translation is more or less "made in the likeliness of God"

In other words, modeled after after Him.

Now, what in our creator/creators were ETs. Perhaps they were the original blueprint/seed of Mankind. Not Mankind as WE know it, but mankind as it evolved in this universe after the big bang.

Perhaps they genetically modified some archaic ape-like species on this planet with their own DNA, and the archaic human was born. Who knows?

There are so many possibilities, and so many unanswered questions.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ben Carson is implying that even though God created Satan, Satan is almost as powerful as God. I wonder how that happened? Doesn't make sense. If God created Satan, God should be able to wipe out Satan in a heartbeat.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Carson is a surgeon: a people mechanic. He may be good with his hands but he doesn't have to be smart. Making a statement like that pretty much ends his presidential campaign.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

mathematics, think its called universal law, but please go on with science as fact

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
Ben Carson: Creation vs. Evolution Controversy is Part of ‘Satan’s Plan to Get Rid of God’

Dr. Ben Carson, a pediatric neurosurgeon and the best-selling author of six books, gave a talk about creationism vs. evolution and said the controversy over the two issues goes back a long time because it is part of “Satan’s plan” to "get rid of God,” to erase “God’s signature” from the world He created and every person in it.

“We were made in the image of God,” said Dr. Carson in his presentation at the Celebration of Creation conference, as reported by the Adventist News Network.
“Now, this whole creation/evolution controversy has been raging on, really, since the beginning because, what is Satan’s plan? To get rid of God,” said Dr. Carson. “To disparage God. To mischaracterize God.”

“And what is creation?” he said. “Creation is God’s signature, that he created the world and that He created us.”

Dr. Ben Carson, 64, was educated at Yale University and the University of Michigan. He was the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital, and was also a professor of oncology and pediatrics.

It really is kind of ignorant of you to call Creationism a fairy tale. Science doesn't disprove creationism, science only gives us details that we have learned over time, such as the big bang (which is a theory BTW, not fact).

I'm not sure if you are atheist or what, but you would probably be stunned by the number of scientists and intellectuals who believe in God.

Science doesn't contradict spirituality at all, or religion for that matter. What science CAN do, is HELP in the process of separating truth from dogma. Science is a great tool to use with religion, in the same way that one uses a lense cleaner to clean the lense on a camera.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: supermarket2012

I'm not sure if you are atheist or what, but you would probably be stunned by the number of scientists and intellectuals who believe in God.

That's not the issue here. The issue is whether Carson has the common sense to avoid straying into an area that can alienate a lot of voters.

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Actually we were made of the images of God's (plural).

Look it up.

Genesis 1:26

"Let US make mankind in OUR image"

Who are the others that God is talking to? Angels?

If so, where are my wings?

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermarket2012
It really is kind of ignorant of you to call Creationism a fairy tale. Science doesn't disprove creationism, science only gives us details that we have learned over time, such as the big bang (which is a theory BTW, not fact).

Let's start from beginning... firstly, meaning of word theory in science :

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation. (Source - Wiki)

So in short, it is not hypothesis, as you think, but rather proven concept, model that works, that is observed and confirmed through test and experiments.

Science does disapprove creationism from idea that everything got created to the age of world.

According to already old numbers, there is handful top scientist that believe in personal God. Dr. Tyson made connection between education and belief in God in one of his speeches. You can watch his argument here:

Science doesn't contradict spirituality at all, or religion for that matter. What science CAN do, is HELP in the process of separating truth from dogma. Science is a great tool to use with religion, in the same way that one uses a lense cleaner to clean the lense on a camera.

Science tells you that world was not created in 6 day. How do you use this truth and separate that from fairy ideas??

posted on Sep, 30 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
whether he is "right on" about his belief in the Creation "myth" or not, personally I prefer a doctor that believes in God and Jesus than one that is a scientific 'genius' athiest, Not believing in a creator is really foolish in my opinion

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join