It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Sands jailed for killing paedophile Michael Pleasted.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Not heard about this case until just now.
Sarah Sands 32 a single parent went to convicted paedophiles house to ask him to admit what he had done to some young boys so they would not have to go to court and it ended up with her stabbing Michael Pleasted (age 77 24 previous convictions) 8 times and she then left and told the police what she had done.

The judge said that she has been given the sentence by reason of loss of control and has been given manslaughter.

The judge added: "This was a case in which the defendant promptly gave herself up to the police in a highly stressed state, never disputed responsibility for the killing as a matter of fact, did not take the opportunity to get rid of evidence and demonstrated remorse."
She will be out in 11 months and I bet hailed a Hero by many especially the people who he has abused.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Would you be able to restrain yourself faced with a man like this?.
I dunno I really don't.

edit on 29-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Was her child involved?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
i hope we all have the same opinion about pedophiles so i will skip all that and get to the point:
the judge said it best:
"There must never be the slightest encouragement for mob rule"
would i have done the same? maybe.
that doesn't change the fact that this sort of vigilante justice is not something that should be endorsed.
if you are asking for an emotional response, i find nothing wrong with what she did, that "human" got away with way more than he should have.
but to live in a functioning society we need to rely mainly on reason, not emotion.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hell yeah, I was surprised she was sentenced to such a long term for doing the courts job and also the police. I hope to god she get released much sooner than the 11 months predicted.

No wasted life here except for her life, I am sure she is going to be messed up because the courts cannot or will not do their job.
S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

No but it is a major cock up by the social services and the council and other agencies because he was allowed to stay in his flat while waiting for court and some of the boys lived near him.
He lived in a council flat block with many other family's around for 16 years overlooking a school.....
She obviously deserves punishment and should be punished because we can't have mod rule or vigilantes but so many things have failed to keep this man able to re-offend.
Really torn on this I am.

The videos in the link explain much more btw I bet you can nopt watch them though

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Interesting.

Eye for an eye makes the world blind.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Not a day goes by where I do not fantasize about the things I would do to my abuser...I had to spend many years to overcome the hatred and anger and yet I still wish, hope and pray for their demise to be a slow and painful one, regardless of who carries out the punishment, me I would like to tie him down and strip his hair off with sand paper, cut his testicles off and gag him with them and staple his mouth shut, then pour salt and honey all over his body while the ants and spiders feast, hang him upside down so he drains, then drop him in a cold vat of ice to shock him if he is still alive and then finish him off with an acid bath followed by a 1500 degree fire.

edit on 29-9-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Good for her. NO punishment deserved. We need more like her.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I know I know but revenge is part of the human condition and it does pose an interesting question would you kill to save more people.
The trolley problem springs to mind.

Just throwing around my thoughts.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
24 previous convictions and facing court on 25?!
Really?

There should be a place to lock these type of people away where they can no longer do harm.
Maybe the "cause" of her actions falls back on society and the government as there is NO reason I can fathom that people like this should be allowed to live amongst the rest of us...
We as a society have to do something to protect the innocent (the children in this case).
Maybe that is sort of how she felt...

But, on the other hand, what if THIS time he WAS innocent? Unlikely, I know but what if? And what of HER children if there are any?
I agree that "mob rule" mentality should not be allowed.
I'm straying....off topic...anyway...

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Personally I can understand why a custodial sentace was unavoidable in that she took a knife and that make's her action's pre meditated even if she was not in her right state of mind, that said would any of us have acted differently.

Her children are now the one's paying the price though as she will not be with them for at least two years (if she get's early release) and she still may not see them then depending upon social services and whatever other factor's are at play.

Still he was not something you would want living near you or perhaps as may have been the case for her watching your children or trying to interact with them.

I also believe that peodophiles whom have acted out there sick warped fantasy should never be allowed into human society again and under mental health law's it can be easily proven that they pose a danger of harm to the most vulnerable member's of the public, our children, that said it would be fully legal in the UK to lock them up in secure institutions until rehabillitated (if that is possible which I doubt) or otherwise rendered harmless.

Unfortunately were peodophiles are concerned human right's law's have been abused to protect them while the children whom those law's were meant to protect have been left to be victimised by them and a corrupt system of judiciary, but what can we expect when so many of the politicians and judges are no different to this man except of course that they can have a government sanctioned whitewash and then likely go on to abuse our children in the future.

Give the girl a medal and let her go.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Personally I think if it involved her family I would turn a blind eye but if it had nothing to do with her then she should spend more time in prison.

I see she is a single mother so what about her child now no parent.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I don't know how to feel about this because I have seen many people say that people can't help who they are attracted to and they are 'born that way'. Also, these people can't be 'treated' for their aberrant sexual desires which leads me to believe it might be outside their control.

Now, had this guy done this to my child I probably would have done just what this lady did, but I still wonder if they are able to control themselves.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I don't know how to feel about this because I have seen many people say that people can't help who they are attracted to and they are 'born that way'. Also, these people can't be 'treated' for their aberrant sexual desires which leads me to believe it might be outside their control.

The difference is: VICTIM

Same as an adult raping another adult -- lack of consent.

A child by law can not give consent.
edit on 29-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Under any other circumstance she would have been charged with premeditation and 1st or 2nd degree murder all because she went to his home with a weapon.

I don't know about her going just to get him to confess. Why take a knife? From his photos he looked frail so I doubt it was because he posed a physical threat and if he did why go alone? I would think she would have hit him before using a weapon.
Like you, I want to know why she was involved because this seems a little like vigilantism.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I wonder how many ppl would do the same and even worse to those monsters if they get hands on em, especially if there were some loved ones as victims. Some hackers should go and do honorable thing and expose all the sentenced and freed rapists names and locations, then we would see how governments would have to start react more realistic, rather than hide their identities and put em back to societies where they keep repeating their perversions.

Killing of course is wrong thing but in this world what can we expect, its full of monsters and we are expected to act like sheep`s, just get over it and hope it wont happen to yous next time? Imho ppl should start to get real worried of these things, looking at mainstream "entertainment" its quite obvious how they manipulate younger generations to become "victims" on their own will.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
No matter how one feels.

Even if they agree with her actions.

The LAW exists for a reason.

Obey the LAW.

Now if you want people going all whilly nilly thinking they are above it then you are creating a system of total anarchy.

A scenario where someone thinks you did something aweful, and seeks their own brand of 'justice'.

People we have the police, and the legal systems for a reason.

No matter how ineffective one might think they are at times.

It sure beats 'getting ropes and stringing' people up without DUE PROCESS.

No one will argue it sucks, and yes injustices do occur.

But what can happen when the rule of law breaks down is infinitely worse.

I can't stand pedos, but we have a system in place, and we should work on trying to fix it.

Before we take the law in to our own hands.

NO MATTER how 'justified' one feels.
edit on 29-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Okay so this will sound crazy...
BUT there are women where I live who carry knives AND pistols...

I have seen people in the paper locally charged with "going armed" even if they had a permit to carry.
I can't remember the exact wording...

If people go in the woods after ginseng, they always have a weapon of some sort. Well, the smart ones do...I guess my point is that some people are carrying some weapon often. Granted, I do not live in the U.K.so I cannot speak for their particular customs and habits.

I do agree that she probably could have just beat him up but he may have lived. Maybe she just wanted to END IT...for all of them!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I respect you opinion and those are nice words, but everything could change if you were the parent of one of those poor kids.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Think the CPS and Judge deliberately went easy on her.

Looking at the case they could easily have gone full murder and she would have been looking at 20 odd years behind bars.

CPS knew a jury would be fickle on this and could deliberately find her innocent to get her off so went for a lesser offense.

Even then the judge went easy on the sentencing as she could be out in 11 months.

For me? Well I think it was the right choice.
We have one less piece of # in the world.
But she DID still commit a crime.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join