It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trust the GORTON'S Fisherman?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It dawned upon me upon reaching for the usual box of fish sticks this morning (as i often do weekly on manic monday morns to avoid the wkend rush) that something seemed a bit out of place.. Gordon's Fish Sticks are now GorTon's Fish Sticks! Perhaps it's my mind just playing tricks on me, or I'm getting old, or the aluminum/barium bombardment of our atmosphere triggering early alz's, but I do remember the 'D' in the brand even more matching the 'curve' in the logo's 'medallion' ; alas now its not a curve anymore.

Anyways, while I leave them out to defrost just a bit before sticking in the oven for lunch, I've been googling up the brand and came across Slade Gorton possibly being the parent company. Who is Slade Gorton? Apparently he's a 'patriatic scion' (blue blood; aristocratic wealthy heir of a corporate giant family, his namesake) who served on the 9/11 commission (as Commissioner), founded the International Policy Center, and last but not least, is a Republican politician who served as WA Senator for some 6 years.

He brings up a refusal to recognize the 'religious underpinning' of the many attacks as the key 'failure' in dealing with terror, if I understood currently, and his findings are summarize here: www.kplu.org... Basically, they got the facts and case closed. Anyways I'm not making this about this elite politician nor terror, but rather the 'fisherman' we are jingled into trusting for decades now (or the company behind it) so if you want more info on the person here's a link: www.sos.wa.gov...

Living proof that not all cold fish comes in a can. An evil genius giving off unmistakable signals of his inner corruptibleness. A kind of David Bowie of American politics, an agile chameleon who goes out of fashion only long enough to re-emerge with a new face. Brilliant but enigmatic. Fiercely partisan. The prickly, patrician scion to the Gorton's of Gloucester fish fortune.

So what I was getting at is why should I trust the Gorton's fisherman?, especially since the name spelling just changed based on my memory? Well if it was just the name I might still trust 'him' but now I'm wondering having eaten this brand's fish sticks for decades since I was like 3yo, why was his logo always ensuring me to TRUST HIM in the first place? Corporate America, gotta love it! I haven't decided if I will keep eating these once in a while. I can imagine they aren't the healthiest, being high in fat. But hopefully there's no mercury or anthing. There was one recall in 10 states cuz a woman found pills(!!!) in them: abcnews.go.com... but thats years ago and the most recent recall atm seems a couple years ago:www.fda.gov...

BTW also stumbled across this vid where this guy doesn't notice the change in the spelling that crazy me did, but did choke on one as a toddler so also did some interesting wacky research into the brand, for what its worth and someone in the replies brought up the Illuminati, heh who knows anymore, I feel like I'm going crazy with all these inconsistencies and evenmoreso when its some possible Illuminai/Royal Blood/911 connection!

edit on 28-9-2015 by Milah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Umm im a lill low on glucose and dint try to comprehend all but that sticker on the top of the op is not related at all to the rest of the op

Gorton's of Gloucester makes that brand and the parent company is Nippon Suisan Kaisha, Slade Gorton is unrelated company

gortons.com...
edit on 28-9-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Interesting, what a coincidence then, between both brands's names and the person behind 'Gorton's of Gloucester' fish fortune:

www.sos.wa.gov...

Living proof that not all cold fish comes in a can. An evil genius giving off unmistakable signals of his inner corruptibleness. A kind of David Bowie of American politics, an agile chameleon who goes out of fashion only long enough to re-emerge with a new face. Brilliant but enigmatic. Fiercely partisan. The prickly, patrician scion to the Gorton's of Gloucester fish fortune.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Milah

Gordon's Fish Sticks are now GorTon's Fish Sticks!

I like fish sticks.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Milah
It's always been Gorton's, never Gordons. I guess it's easy to get confused.

ETA: That last part wasn't a dig at you. I meant that it's easy for somebody in general to get confused.
edit on 28-9-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
yea i suppose.

confuzzled indeed!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 28-9-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
^ google 'patrician scion' if u are denying a 'relation'

www.sos.wa.gov...

Slade Gorton: A Half Century in Politics

gortons.com...

In 1906, Slade Gorton, John Pew and two other Gloucester fisheries merged into ... processing in the late 1950s and now-famous Gorton's Fish Sticks in 1952

Today's Slade Gorton = Thomas Slade Gorton III
edit on 28-9-2015 by Milah because: arg i shoulda quoted ya!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Slade Gorton & Co., Inc. a subsidiary of SG Seafood Holdings, Inc.

Gortons a subsidiary of Nippon Suisan Kaisha

www.nissui.co.jp...

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Milah

Gordon's Fish Sticks are now GorTon's Fish Sticks!

I like fish sticks.

Then you must be a gay fish.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

History of 'Acquisition':

History
In 1906, Slade Gorton & Company and John Pew & Sons and two other Gloucester fisheries merged into the Gorton-Pew Fisheries. They made Gorton’s codfish cakes a household name in New England. The company offices were located at 372 Main Street, Gloucester, in the same building where Gorton’s Main Office is located today.
The company went into the fish-freezing business in the early 1930s. In 1949, Gorton-Pew made headlines when it drove the first refrigerator trailer truck shipment of frozen fish from Gloucester, Massachusetts, to San Francisco, California – a trip that took eight days. In 1953, the company was the first to introduce a frozen ready-to-cook fish stick, Gorton’s Fish Sticks, which won the Parents Magazine Seal of Approval.
In 1957, Gorton-Pew Fisheries name was changed to Gorton’s of Gloucester; in 1965, it became The Gorton Corporation, and it is now known as Gorton’s. In 1968, Gorton’s merged with General Mills, Inc., as a wholly owned subsidiary.
In May 1995, Unilever bought Gorton’s from General Mills. In August 2001, Unilever sold Gorton’s and BlueWater Seafoods to Nippon Suisan (USA), Inc., a subsidiary of Nippon Suisan Kaisha, Ltd., for US$175 million in cash.
In 2005, Nissui acquired King & Prince Seafood of Brunswick, Georgia.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ive got some fillets in my freezer right now bearing Gortons with a T.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Fishsticks+me=gayfish.

I am a genius and the voice of a generation.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It's been Gorton's as long as I can recall. Regardless, please don't eat those ratty-ass fish sticks, or any other breaded fish that's made of pollock. The damn trawlers used to harvest those cheap (and wormy) little fish are responsible for millions of pounds of dead Alaskan king salmon and halibut every year. Those bycatches are out of control and the feds refuse to do anything about it because McDonald's simply must have their cheap fillet O' fish sandwiches available in for Fridays in the Catholic world.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Fishsticks+me=gayfish.

I am a genius and the voice of a generation.

And you have a new line of clothing, very sharp looking, that clothing.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Regardless, please don't eat those ratty-ass fish sticks, or any other breaded fish that's made of pollock.

They also use that crud fish to make the imitation crab meat sticks as well.

If you ever saw how those were made you would sooner eat cigarette butts.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Regardless, please don't eat those ratty-ass fish sticks, or any other breaded fish that's made of pollock.

They also use that crud fish to make the imitation crab meat sticks as well.

If you ever saw how those were made you would sooner eat cigarette butts.

One of my favorite fish to eat is a bottom-feeder, the ling.
I have a bunch in the freezer now.
I discard the sticks though.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure they been with a T for a decade at least, if not forever.

Besides, I didnt notice it til today after being paranoid about spelling changes and 'parallel universes', even though I buy them on a regular basis. Part of me is still like no, it used to be Gordon's with a D.

Now I'm more fascinated that the 'patricion scion' to the Gorton Fish Sticks heritage was a WA Senator and on the 9/11 Commission.

Still interesting! Is he a descendant of the 'Royal Families' despite his fisherman predecessors? Is he Illuminati? He's obviously CFR:

www.sianews.com...

What is the mathematical likelihood that six (6) of the eleven members of 9/11 Panel could be members of the Council on Foreign Relations?

Anyways, can I still trust the Gorton's Fisherman?

Think I'll go learn a bit about the CFR while the sticks are in the oven!

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I discard the sticks though.

Smart move. You don't want to put those in your mouth.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Anyways, can I still trust the Gorton's Fisherman?

No.
Don't trust him.
Minced up fish made into a stick in a factory is not what trust should be built upon.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join