It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trust the GORTON'S Fisherman?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Ah, so you like fish sticks in your mouth eh?

I don't get it.

southpark.cc.com...

I don't get it was Kanye's reply when he was confronted with the punch line.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
that really sucks, frozen breaded fish filets used to be one of my favorite 'quick' meals, now after reading your post I'm not sure I can buy fish sticks again,, processed food in general is chock full of "?mystery meat" and not appetizing, I'm pretty much a vegetarian now

If it weren't for fish sticks....... the skin, scales, guts and bones would end up as chum.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Network is probably suffering the deleterious effects of a sweat tea sugar high and most likely, in his glucose-powered mania, forgot the punch line.

He must now sing the Imagination Song as penance.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I hated Imaginationland.

Plus I never take orders from gay fish.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Oh and for the record, I am not auqa-homo-phobic. Why, some of my best friends are gay fish.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Off topic slightly is the total travesty that is Nestles. Do you remember that smarmy little kid with the big glasses advertising "Nestles milky bar". That was phonetically Nestles, that's Nestles like ending in a zzz. Now it's Nestles and they want you to say Nestlaaaa. It's Nestles with a zzzz sound at the end.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Network is probably suffering the deleterious effects of a sweat tea sugar high and most likely, in his glucose-powered mania, forgot the punch line.

Likely takes a metric buttload of sugar to combat the salty taste of tea brewed with sweat.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Oh and for the record, I am not auqa-homo-phobic. Why, some of my best friends are gay fish.

A likely story.
Some of my best friends are gay fish, but....
edit on b000000302015-09-28T18:53:41-05:0006America/ChicagoMon, 28 Sep 2015 18:53:41 -0500600000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Likely takes a metric buttload of sugar to combat the salty taste of tea brewed with sweat.

When we are already discussing making tea with sweat, let's not mention the term "buttload" as well.

I am not sure I can truly enjoy my tea after all that.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It's always been GORTON'S as long as I've been around starting in the 60s.
edit on 29-9-2015 by UnBreakable because: forgot the apostrophe

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
whats the ling?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Milah

I don't know about any name changes but I can tell you that the quality of their product has gone to crap over the years.

As someone with easy access to fresh fish, I feel sorry for anyone who's only option for fish is processed.

When I was kid, fish sticks were flaky chunks of white fish. The same could be said for a can of "chunk light tuna." It actually had chunks.

Nowadays, both fish sticks and canned tuna look like they're made with the scraps that were cleaned out of the gears of the processing machine at the end of the day.

Pure mush!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

True.
I was thinking about the can of 'chunk' light tuna that I opened last night. No chunks and fairly dark.
If you want canned tuna like it used to be, you have to buy solid white albacore.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hollow Notes is now Hall and Oates?! WT...

Oh wait...wrong thread.

It's always been Gorton's.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Flatfish

True.
I was thinking about the can of 'chunk' light tuna that I opened last night. No chunks and fairly dark.
If you want canned tuna like it used to be, you have to buy solid white albacore.

Yup! That's the only canned tuna I buy anymore and there's not a brand of fish sticks that I would even consider eating.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

OMG! THAT was funny!!!

Thanks for that!

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Milah
whats the ling?

A bottom feeding fish similar to cod, but having more delicate flesh.
You must keep them cold after you catch them or they get mushy.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh no! I remember these things as Gordon's. I am somewhat of a spelling Nazi and remember thinking of the singer Gordon Lightfoot years ago when looking at the package, so I have a reference point. Did I missee (that's not a word, btw) it?

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I still remember them like yesterday as Gordon's and it's driving me crazy when i find out another like did you hear Chic-fil-A is now CHICK-fil-A and has always been... i know its just tiny little glitches but it irks me out when folks are like nawww, it was just always that way!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join