It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to troll the bots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You might not be aware of this, and to make a long story short-bots are posing as people. They are learning your vernacular, using your colloquialisms...they are essentially trying to talk like you in order to be like you...a Trojan horse on so many levels.

So how do we combat this? by being ourselves. Not all of us are robots in disguise and we can differentiate one member from another by one simple fact: bots aren't emotional. They can't have knee jerk reactions, they can't spill the beans, and they can't mash on a keyboard quite like a human can.

Those who think a complex set of algorithms can possibly recreate the hearts and minds of folk like you and I are in for a shock. The sparrow doesn't land where the tiger prowls, and we are no sparrows.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Sure they can, spilling the beans and all that are just patterns, surely they can code a bot to make a random hangry rqcist post every 1000 agenda ones.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I plan on using the Voight-Kampff test.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

There are islamophobic hate-spout bots on this very site.They are easily spotted because their spelling and grammar are atrocious.

And because they talk utter rubbish.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Just treat them like you do the rest of the human trash, they hate that!

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A Blade Runner reference?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Msssplel errvy wuurdz?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

There are islamophobic hate-spout bots on this very site.They are easily spotted because their spelling and grammar are atrocious.

I KNEW IT!!! Dan Quayle was/is a bot.. That explains things. I'd think the bots would have proper grammar and type in the King's English.. Just for kicks, see how many times You can spot "loose" when wanting 'lose' ..

Potato Potatoes just so You know I AM not Dan Quayle.

Shalom
namaste

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The problem is for bots to be remotely convincing it's going to require something on the level of IBM's Watson AND Google's deep learning. This requires somes serious computing horsepower and coding. I don't think it'll be common for another 10 years or more. By then I expect Watson's will be common place, depending on computer power and density. Interesting social experiment. What affect it will have on society...

en.wikipedia.org - Watson (computer)...
en.wikipedia.org - Deep learning...

I wouldn't overestimate our abilities. It might be a lot longer than 10 years. However, given what has bee accomplished, I expect surprises.

edit on 9/25/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
“Do you have information that there's an android in the cast? I'd be glad to help you, and if I were an android would I be glad to help you?"
"An android," he said, "doesn't care what happens to another android. That's one of the indications we look for."
"Then," Miss Luft said, "you must be an android.”
― Philip K. Dick, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yea this can become a problem if we don't nip it in the but.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ericthedoubter

Yep. They aren't very good yet.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Thers quite a few ATS members i often wonder if they are a bot.
Seems like they are out to discredit every and anything, immediatly with wikipedia definitions. Always one of the firsts to comment on every thread, using the same formula every time,
Click, discredit, repeat.

Damn bots..

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Thers quite a few ATS members i often wonder if they are a bot.
Seems like they are out to discredit every and anything, immediatly with wikipedia definitions. Always one of the firsts to comment on every thread, using the same formula every time,
Click, discredit, repeat.

Damn bots..

Bot detected.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass
BS!
They have gotten pretty good. Maybe a decade ago they weren't so good, but now they have alot of information that makes them excellent today.
As I posted earlier, I know some one who makes these things and they are pretty good now. Good enough that there are serious buyers for comment bots.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

top topics

join