It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ghost' trashes kitchen, forces woman to find new home

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Hello all,

I rarely if at all post in this forum but I saw this and thought it quite interesting.

I'm not sure if it's a set up or what..... i.e. things attached to cotton thread and pulled. But it certainly looks good?

An Irish woman says she is going to have to move house because a ‘poltergeist’ has been tormenting her.

It must be boring being stuck in limbo.

This lost soul is filling its days though by creating housework for Ashy Murphy, of Cork, Ireland.

au.news.yahoo.com...

au.news.yahoo.com...

Anyway, tell me what you think?

Cheers

Beno

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Wow thanks for the treat.

As for the kitchen videos, specifically the swinging light is probably nothing more than an attacthed fishing line with someone swinging it...

Scrolling down the other ghost videos look pretty cool, and real. Of course someone will come along and enlighten us on how they were faked, but the disneyland ghost looks pretty legit. I think this because of the way the light distorts vertically when on the night vision cam.

Nice share

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I saw this video doing the rounds on Facebook last night, there are two videos she has on her Facebook wall.

They are very interesting videos indeed.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Here are both videos for you that she has posted. Both are good, don't know what to think really...

There are other videos she has posted, but they are on her Facebook wall, so I don't think its wise to post here
edit on 23-9-2015 by capragenus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I've come to think 'Poltergeist' form of hauntings would involve some degree of 'Projection' thus moving away alone would not help as much as say, smudging, cleansing or some level of exorcism might.

A ghost whisperer may be in order.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
THe Cat's not bothering his arse. I thought animals were the first to pick up on these things...everything seems staged to me. Fishing line. ?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

It's entirely fake. The fact that she's recording in a specific spot when an interaction that obvious occurs is clearly staged. The point of view changes with each interaction. There's no astonishment or surprise with any of the interactions. Sorry, but activity like that in real haunting's is only captured by stationary equipment left for long periods of time. The only other potential motivator is vocal interaction with the entity to force it to do something, but then again it's very hard to predict what they are going to do. This was far too staged and convenient.

I've seen a lot of real investigative work done with ghosts/poltergeists and this footage wreaks of being staged with anticipated interactions. Let's not even get into the technicalities like how the light is clearly being manipulated from a pressure point just above the lamp mold. The dog is also not bothered what-so-ever by these interactions. Animals are incredibly sensitive to spiritual activity.
edit on 23-9-2015 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
People actually believe this to be real...
Deeply worrying.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
People actually want this to be unreal, as it threatens their cosy, mental world assembled by their education. So sceptics will concoct all sorts of objections and criticisms that they think are irrefutable, whereas they are easily rebuted.
The plain fact of the matter is that this video provides NO evidence of fakery. You can imagine all sorts of things to explain the ostensible psychokinesis, but until you come up with REAL evidence of hoaxing (as opposed to all your armchair explanations), this case stil needs investigating. The weakness of the evidence is that the woman films the phenomena alone, opening her up to charges of fakery. What she needs to do is to provide highly reputable, non-family witnesses (preferably engineers or scientists) who watch the phenomena as she films it and who afterwards attest on film that they found no strings or paraphanalia that would generate the recorded anomalous movements. Without independent witnesses, this film has no scientific value as evidence.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hmmm £50 quid says she's after a bigger council house

Call me an old cynic

edit on 23-9-2015 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I still stand by fishing line..

plus if it is real, who has the balls to go and close that cabinet...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Hmmm £50 quid says she's after a bigger council house

Call me an old cynic

Sounds bad but this would honestly not surprise me in the slightest... heard stranger stories

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

Agreed, the music does not help as well. At first I thought it might be something interesting. But it's just B movie effects. They should have taken clues from the Paranormal films and made sure not all the action was center frame way be for the action happens. Just a waste of good fishing line.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I'm not good with picking up what is fake and what isn't generally but as others have already mentioned it seems staged. The cat is the biggest give away to me, animals are normally the first to pick up paranormal things and the cat isn't bothered one bit. Also the fact the she stays in one spot like she does seemed off to me. Granted I didn't listen to it if it had any sound.

Why would someone feel the need to fake a haunting though? Granted that's like asking why anyone does what they do...people do weird things quite often.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Wickedjr89

People do lots of weird things for attention even more so today when large amounts of attention can get you large sums of money or free stuff.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I have mixed feelings about this. For those who complain that the action is happening only when the camera is pointed that way and she gets it center frame, I think in at least a couple instances she heard the noise of it and quickly moved the camera. Like the metal bowl on the counter. When she panned around, it was already moving.

I know that this phenomenon is real because it happened to me in the house in which I grew up almost 40 years ago. Things moved around and fell off the walls, etc. Lots of times it was in response to what I was thinking or saying out loud. Once I simply thought in my mind "if anyone's here that picture will fall off the wall" and it immediately did. The whole experience was terrifying, what you don't realize, at least it was true in my case, was the pure sense of evil that I felt in the midst of it all. Like someone really bad was right there with me focused on me. The air was thick with it.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I believe there are real hauntings, not saying otherwise. Even if the way she held the camera didn't mean anything, the cat not giving a hoot at all still makes it seem off or fake to me. Unless the cat just didn't care.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Cats are interested in anything out of the norm.

If I sit a box down on the living room floor all three of my cats will cautiously swarm it with their eyes and noses.

If we get a new piece of furniture then its their hangout spot for the day.

Cats are so in-tune to their everyday environment they are suckers for change.

So either the cats used to the being or its fake

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Wickedjr89

That an animal would not have any reaction to this I find suspect as well. I know that my dogs are the first to be alerted to anything that happens at my house. They bark like fools when the neighbor pulls in his driveway.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Same with my dog. He isn't much for barking randomly but if something catches his eye, a neighbor pulling in the driveway, someone passing by (he is very friendly and wants to lick everyone to death lol), a raccoon (that knowing him he probably wants to befriend), he'll bark at it.

I have 2 cats and they are also very curious kitties. Apparently i'm not fully awake yet because I first put verious instead of very curious, just thought that was funny. I've been up for hours, my brain must be taking it's good ol' time lol.

Anyway i've never met a cat that isn't curious and animals seem to be more in-tune with stuff like ghosts and hauntings then most people are from what i've seen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join