It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2005 doesn't seem right

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wow. I didn't think this topic would be as popular as this.

I haven't noticed any of those symptoms, except perhaps feeling tired a lot lately.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by p a v e l
Wow! I've bee nexperiencing the flashes of light. Even more interesting, I've been seeing barely noticeable streaks and flashes darting across my vision, especially after a meditation. This has never happened before.

I know exactly what you mean about going out at night and simply looking at the sky. I'm always tempted to do that, and I admit I do go out and walk around at night sometimes...it's so beautiful.

yes i also feel surreal about 2005 scared and uncertain but i know somthing big will happen as for sleep i cant seem to get any anymore i definatly felt somthing and i still do i belive somthing has activated in us to be more aware of coming things.

And again about the sleep i feel that i should be out at night more often now i
feel a deep sense of peace at night and feel really deep like i can see the whole world its really quite weird.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Yeah, I feel like 2005's kinda fakey. Then again, the first few weeks of every year are like that.
We'll get used to the concept of it being a new year soon.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Its 2005 - seven years before the alleged return of the planet "Nibiru" in ancient Sumerian text "Yaweh" in ancient Hebrew - seven years before the end of the mayan calander or the end of this age in the mayan calander- there are phenomenal catastrophes of record breaking proportion throughout the earth including what seems to be the start of a pole flip we are almost 700,00 years over due for - famine , disease, wars and rumors of wars- an earthquake strong enough to alter the earth's rotation-there's an historical peace agreement between Palestine and Isreal on the table under debate and soon to be ratified - after which the president will most probably reveal the identity of a new cheif of intelligence to run all fifteen branches of the government's intelligence community - while we sit and wait for the next terrorist strike on our soil by a man who's family has strong ties to our President - who -will immediately inact the second patriot act - which would turn America into a police state - nevermind the little RFID chips - I dunno, man I can't put my finger on it - but I definately feel somethin'.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally by Magickesists
Every once in a while lately I have seen these flashes of light out of the corner of my eye at night

Ok this is weird for two or three times in the last few weeks, I have seen this myself.
Once while I was sitting in my office typing, looking at the computer screen with the doorway in front of me, it looked like the entire hallway lit up like there was a stroke of lighting that hit in my kitchen. I got up to investigate it, and there was nothing, no storm, fireworks, explosions, or fire.
The same thing happened the other day, and I thought a light had burned out in my house, you know how they flash before going out, well I have not been able to find any newly burned out lights in my house.
Again the other night while I was outside at work having a smoke, it looked like the was a flash out of the corner of my eye, like a transformer exploded, but then there was nothing there afterwards.

Another thing that I would like to point out, and I know I have mentioned this before in another thread, is that some people believe that the Psalms are year per chapter the last century of the end times. Starting at 1901 and going to 2050. They are written from the Jewish perspective, so things pertaining to other countries may not be in them (the space landing for instance). I do not know if I believe this or not, but there does seem to be something to it. For example:

The Psalms around 40 to 44 hint at war, persecution, slavery etc. This would relate to the persecution of the Jews and their gaining freedom again. Here are a few examples:

Psalm 40
Psa 40:12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up;
they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
Psa 40:13 Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.
Psa 40:14 Let them be ashamed and confounded together that seek after my soul to destroy it; let them be driven backward and put to shame
that wish me evil.
Psa 40:15 Let them be desolate for a reward of their shame that say unto me, Aha, aha.

Psalm 41
Psa 41:5 Mine enemies speak evil of me, When shall he die, and his name perish?
Psa 41:6 And if he come to see me, he speaketh vanity: his heart gathereth iniquity to itself; when he goeth abroad, he telleth it.
Psa 41:7 All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt.
Psa 41:8 An evil disease, say they, cleaveth fast unto him: and now that he lieth he shall rise up no more.
Psa 41:9 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.

Psalm 42
Psa 42:9 I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
Psa 42:10 As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unt me, Where is thy God?

Psalm 43
Psa 43:1 Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.
Psa 43:2 For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

So these are all about oppression under an enemy, now look at 1944 psalm 44:

Psalm 44
Psa 44:2 How thou didst drive out the heathen with thy hand, and plantedst them; how thou didst afflict the people, and cast them out.
Psa 44:3 For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favor unto them.
Psa 44:4 Thou art my King, O God: command deliverances for Jacob.
Psa 44:5 Through thee will we push down our enemies: through thy name will we tread them under that rise up against us.
Psa 44:6 For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me.
Psa 44:7 But thou hast saved us from our enemies, and hast put them to shame that hated us.

Psalm 1948, seems to specifically talk about taking possession of the Promised Land.

Psalm 48
Psa 48:1 A Song and Psalm for the sons of Korah. Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of his holiness.
Psa 48:2 Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion, on the sides of the north, the city of the great King.
Psa 48:3 God is known in her palaces for a refuge.

Psa 48:4 For, lo, the kings were assembled, they passed by together.
Psa 48:5 They saw it, and so they marveled; they were troubled, and hasted away.
Psa 48:6 Fear took hold upon them there, and pain, as of a woman in travail.
Psa 48:7 Thou breakest the ships of Tarshish with an east wind.
Psa 48:8 As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the LORD of hosts, in the city of our God: God will establish it forever. Selah.
Psa 48:9 We have thought of thy lovingkindness, O God, in the midst of thy temple.
Psa 48:10 According to thy name, O God, so is thy praise unto the ends of the earth: thy right hand is full of righteousness.
Psa 48:11 Let mount Zion rejoice, let the daughters of Judah be glad, because of thy judgments.
Psa 48:12 Walk about Zion, and go round about her: tell the towers thereof.
Psa 48:13 Mark ye well her bulwarks, consider her palaces; that ye may tell it to the generation following.
Psa 48:14 For this God is our God forever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

Psalm 91 was very popular in 1991 with the soldiers protecting Israel during the scud strikes because it seemed to speak specifically about what was happening to them, and about Israel being safe from the missiles that were shot at them almost every night.

Psalm 91
Psa 91:3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
Psa 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Psa 91:5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Psa 91:6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
Psa 91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Psalm 100 is supposedly about the entrance into the messianic era.

Why do I bring this up, because part of psalm 104 talks about the earth trembling before the power of God and him moving the oceans into place, then 105 is a Psalm by Moses about the 10 plagues of Egypt. The significant part is that the tribulation period in the Revelations is often compared to the 10 plagues…

Psalm 105
Psa 105:29 He turned their waters into blood, and slew their fish.
Psa 105:30 Their land brought forth frogs in abundance,in the chambers of their kings.
Psa 105:31 He spoke, and there came divers sorts of flies,and lice in all their coasts.
Psa 105:32 He gave them hail for rain, and flaming fire in their land.
Psa 105:33 He smote their vines also and their fig trees; and broke the trees of their coasts.
Psa 105:34 He spoke, and the locusts came, and caterpillars, and that without number,
Psa 105:35 And did eat up all the herbs in their land,and devoured the fruit of their ground.
Psa 105:36 He smote also all the firstborn in their land, the chief of all their strength.
Psa 105:37 He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.

Now I don’t know if I fully believe this myself or not, but there does seem to be something to it, and if so this could be an interesting year.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Fear lots and lots of fear. I dont fear death itself but for some reson im terrified of dieing from other people I would be fine burning alive from lighting stricking my house, but I dont want to die from a gun or bomb or arsin. As for what I think of 2005+ actualy relates to that. Hello world war 3 and their will be nukes again. My prediction is 2011, and tesions are rising now very fast

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain
And again about the sleep i feel that i should be out at night more often now i
feel a deep sense of peace at night and feel really deep like i can see the whole world its really quite weird.

I know exactly what you mean and am the same way too.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
There is definately a very strong vibe coming off this year (if that's possible). I've felt strange since new years eve, like there's something coming, but I don't know what it is. It could be something specific to just me or it could be a world changing event, I'm not sure.

I completely agree. It's like you feel you know something subconsciously but can't quite bring it to the surface. You wake up feeling awestruck and enlightened with the revelation on the tip of your brain but just can't quite access it. It's a feeling that something fundamentally profound has recently started and will move us into our...destiny? Hard to say if it's good or bad, it feels terrifying and exciting at the same time. Something is definitely different about 2005.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
LOL maybe were all just in shock still from bush being re-elected and are only now really letting the fear of what he'll do to the world get to us.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Jesusesss

Really people if society had to depend on u lot, it would be the end of the world.

2005, feels great to me, know what it feels fantastic.

Cant wait for the beyond.

Anyway the only thing I fear is God, nothing else.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
That's a strange thing to fear...

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ever since the ball dropped it seems as though the world is waiting... Like the scarry part of a movie the music starts playing and we all know something bigs about to happen but all we can do is wait.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It is very intresting to me that many folks here cannot sleep well at night lately. I have been quite a sound sleeper for most of my 26 years(that I can recall). And ever since this year every night has been a restless one. It seems I will wake up 5-6 times per night. Some nights I cant even get comfortable in my bed, and believe me it is very comfortable indeed. It almost feels that im feeding off of some energy at night, such as maby the atmosphere is "charged" around my area. Many people have been on edge, and parinoid of others, and many other odd behaviors that I havnt noticed en-masse before.
So I think we have a situation on our hands. We are definatly picking up on somthing! And people who feel that all is well, and that this year is normal, are not very sensitive to this sort of thing.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I think that this doom and gloom feeling is just hype from a bored media looking for something new to sell news papers and talk about. With war & natural disaster all around its natural too feel worried.
I on the other hand am on the way to pulling in a quarter million this year if things keep going the way they are. Hello house paid off and new boat & new harley.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
let see mt ruaphea has been throwing little hissey fits
white people agisnt marios
massive politcal scam
riot in auckland
white mountain off the coast of new zealand has been thrwoing hissey fits like mt ruapeahu

man nz is treally banging it up this year oh did i meantion summer is like winter over here seriosuly somthing is wrong with new zealand ats pay attention!

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
2004 was a horrible year for me and, so far, nothing seems to be getting any better. i think that this whole world is heading for eternal gloom.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I've become quite fond of a saying I picked up in the movie Armageddon. "This is turning into a surrealistic nightmare."

When the anticipation of 1999 began in late '97 we basically spent 2.5 years with that inverted 666 right in our faces as we sweat out some ugly nostradamus prophecies and the Y2K scare.
We had a one year respite for 2000. That was the last good year.
Since 2000 the economy has tanked, our country has crept steadily closer to revolution, we've been at war constantly, we've instituted changes in the name of security which go against our nation's values, one of our enemies has gained nuclear weapons and possibly the ability to reach us with them, another of our enemies is arming itself to the teeth with Russian help and trying to gain nuclear weapons, and we've seen several plagues and natural disasters which honest to God would have made it into the Bible if they had occurred 2000 years ago. Oh and I had almost forgotten- the middle east conflict has been in full swing and has recently seen a change of leadership on one side and a threatened hardline coup on the other.

Does that about sum it up, or have I missed something?

There's something in the air. You can feel the weight of momentus events just hanging and it never seems to go away before yet another event comes.
I don't know if its the end of the world, but it's certainly a highly charged time. It feels like something has to give. In the course of history whenever the conflict between order and chaos has reached a critical point it has finally been broken and the relative calm of a darkage sets in. Parts of the world may be coming due for one about now, if that's even possible anymore.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
well according to the mayan calendar, the world will end in 2012, and by that time we will be beyond money, greed, war etc. sounds awfully farfetched now but meh its possible

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
maybe the mayan calender means that earth will be destroyed doesn't say anthing about humankind going extinct. I think that this whole mission to titan has a lot of discoveries to come. I'm starting to think we might end up finding life in our own solar system. But not like us probably like those damn bugs in starship troopers. they'll eat us all lol.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Another interesting symptom I've noticed, anyone experiencing the same?

I often wake up in the morning and feel horrifyingly down in spirits. Everything is gray and I can't help but wonder if it's really worth going to Japanese and listen to Professor Hoshino. Today I decided it wasn't...or I wouldn't be sitting here typing this right now. Anyway, the point is that I often find myself extremely depressed for no particular reason on random days.

Yet! Other days (or even later in the same day), I experience very uplifting moods, and I can feel myself charging up with happiness and creativity.

These extreme mood swings don't seem to occur for any particular reason and don't seem to be connected to the events of my daily life (and I'm not usually an unstable or moody person). It feels almost like waves of energy washing over me (or receeding, like a low tide). Anyone else feel anything akin to this?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join