It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2005 doesn't seem right

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right place, but it seems most accurate.

Does anyone else just feel that the number 2005 is a strange number and just doesn't feel like it should be there?

All the other years I randomly pick do (except for 20xx where xx is a number between 14 and 19 inclusive)

What are your feelings on this, as im wondering what will unfold this year?

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I feel like every year since 2000 has had a surrealness to it.
Almost like we are at the top of a mountain, all crammed together on a tiny peak, about to topple off. Balanced on the edge of the abys...LOL
Maybe I'm just picking up on mass hysteria, or my own paranoia, but I have a feeling 2005 will be a very interesting year.

Have a happy one...

BTW 2005 adds up to 7, isn't that Gods number of perfection?

[edit on 1/1/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
When i seen that crystal ball drop, call me paranoid, but something didnt seem right.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk... this sums it up right!!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
the only thing to me that dont seem right is the fact that I have celebrated the last 3 new years without a single Jack and Coke! And this is the first time I actually planned not to drink!
hmmm, didnt get drunk, who'd of thunk!?

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
just wondering, what that link had to do with the post?

That is an awesome building, but did I miss something?

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
c00ster,Dude,its the future of the society that inhabit this planet.The world is about to boom past the US unless we hurry up and use Linux!!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This year, 2005, shall be an interesting one for sure.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
ok lucid, thanx for clearing that up for me. I didnt know what point you were making at the time.
although, if we keep outsourcing our corp.s to other countries, the people wont have jobs and and they definately wont want to buy the junk that those other countries are building-especially when their income subsides.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by c00ster
the only thing to me that dont seem right is the fact that I have celebrated the last 3 new years without a single Jack and Coke! And this is the first time I actually planned not to drink!
hmmm, didnt get drunk, who'd of thunk!?

There is a pattern in my drinking methods: I drink a little every second year on Dec 31. Seems sure, that I'll drink next year. I have no explanation for this.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I feel like every year since 2000 has had a surrealness to it.
Almost like we are at the top of a mountain, all crammed together on a tiny peak, about to topple off. Balanced on the edge of the abys...LOL
Maybe I'm just picking up on mass hysteria, or my own paranoia, but I have a feeling 2005 will be a very interesting year.

Have a happy one...

BTW 2005 adds up to 7, isn't that Gods number of perfection?

[edit on 1/1/2005 by ANOK]

i totally and utterly agree

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I've had the same feeling about 2005... but then, I'm pretty sure I've had that feeling every year before 2005 too... so my guess is that its nothing

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Everyday I wake up I smoke a cigarette on my front porch, (I live in the country) and every morning it looks faker and faker. espically this morning. I have know for the past 6 years, 2005, was going to be "special" given. In my opinion those who thinks theirs something funny about this year from the moment the ball dropped until now, are opened minded, you dont just take everything you witness and just overlook it. look much closely at things. You'll start to notice many things. Strange things, funny things and scary things.

anyways enjoy the New Year, While its still here, While you still can

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
yeh like i said i totally agree very surreal and fake i kepp thinking somthing terrible is going to happen just dont know what

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hmmm.

2005 follows 2004... No wait! We can't have that!

Western buildings used to omit the thirteenth floor in counting. Some Asian countries still omit the fourteenth floor.

This site and much of the world still uses annual numbering based around "Annus Domini". And history is recorded as if the rest is virtual junk, "Before Christ".

2005. "Bring It On!" (George W Bush, esteemed POTUS).

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
A good friend of mine thinks that the Mayans were right -- the world is going to end in 2012. He also says the Bible was right too -- so the final 7-year tribulation before the end of the world as we know it should then begin in 2005. No worries.

Really, though, whatever vibes you guys and my friend are getting, I'm not feeling it. 2005 seems like just another year to me -- no more or less good or bad than your typical year of human history on Earth. What are these vibes of, exactly? How does everything seem more surreal, more fake? Please elaborate!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
When you start the year with 100's of thousands dying in one go (ok it was the end of last year but i'm sure the cosmos has a margin of error of at least one week), and tapei has a huge building which looks like those big evil arcologies in sim city 2000, with bush in power for 4 more years, and Iraq getting worse and worse, plus all the mass hysteria and the doomsday prophets coming out in force... i dont see how you could see this as a bad year...

[edit on 5-1-2005 by specialasianX]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I don't want to sound like a nut case, but I have had the same feeling over the past several years. I'm not sure how to describe it really, but sometimes when I step out onto my porch for a smoke, or just stop and listen to the ambience around me (more so outdoors it seems) that there is an odd sense of anticipation. Yeah, for lack of a better word I'll call it anticipation, if not an anxiety. It seems to me as though the world is waiting for something, or perhaps to close to something. I hate to even really bring it up in a thread as I can't really describe the feeling well enough to convey it effectively, but it is certainly a noticable feeling.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
How come when people talk about aticipation or feel like things are strange they always assume something bad is upon us???? Hasn't anyone ever had that feeling before meeting the love of their life or maybe winning a nice sum of money??? I have.

I have these feelings too about things being different, but for some reason, i feel like something big is going to happen and it will be amazingly good. Don't know why. Like some "great awakining" or something. Anyone else???

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
2005 seems 100% right and in place for me!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join