It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama nominates first openly gay service secretary to lead Army

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And if it were Bush, and he nominated someone who was totally qualified, but being Christian put him over the top, would you be cool with that? Would you be outraged by a Christian secretary of the army?
edit on 18-9-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Put it this way, in your workplaces, do you think all day on the private sexual activities of every one of your team members, bosses or staff? Do you use these thoughts on gay or straight to decide whether they are executing their job? A persons sexual preference is irrelevant to their job.

I don't EVER want to think about what my team get up to in their private bedrooms, straight, gay or bi. It doesn't enter my mind when discussing performance and strategy.

The two are not related.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: iFloButta

We all know Obama is gay and Michelle (Michael) is transgendered. I am not surprised of this action by Barack O-homo

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

We don't know that at all...
But I guess you saw the youtube video right?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

If placing someone who isn't lifetime Army as under/secretary causes a morale issue then the morale issue starts and STOPS with the Army...not the sec/undersec....period

Like you said, forgetting a moment about homosexuality, the Army is gonna get into a tizzy over the fact that prior Air Force due to this. That is a fault with the soldiers not the man/woman on top. Almost a decade of Air Force has shown me many things including the fact that this whole "our branch is better than your branch" bull is needlessly stupid and yes that includes my beloved Air Force as well. The Army needs to get over it....besides...a fresh pair of eyes is always a good thing

morale issue...there is an issue alright

top topics

<< 1   >>

join