It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Active Shooter Delta State U Campus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: wshadow1

ahh didn't see your post. thanks for the updates!!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: C21H30O2I
ok The Biloxi Sun Herald reports that a second victim related to the shooting at Delta State was found dead in the town of Gautier. It was Lamb who called police to report that killing.

That victim is believed to have been Lamb’s girlfriend. On Lamb’s Facebook page, he names Amy Prentiss as his girlfriend. (photo of her)

Love Affair?

Odd.....his profile on FB says he lives in Munich, Germany currently.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I seen that. They are reporting he is German. Maybe he forgot to change it?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sad...just checked out both the suspect and victims FB pages and they both seem to have had families. Victim has been married since 1998 and has a couple children. Suspect may be had a kid with the female victim.....not really sure, but there are a lot of pic and posts about her and the female victim on his page.

Talk about devastating to a family....I feel really bad for all the kids that are involved in this....at least 3 that I can find.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That's sad to hear. People let an angry thought drive them to a tragic and. Not ever thinking about the indirect pain they inflict on the survivors! I do hope the children can find a way.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Here is a photo of the shooter.

Shannon Lamb

Source

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
a reply to: C21H30O2I

Thank you!
There was something at MIT yesterday as well,
if you are there stay safe!

There wasn't anything at MIT yesterday. A shooting happened near the campus, which got turned in to "active shooter on campus zomg!" and they went in to lockdown. The shooter, last I heard, didn't ever go on campus at all.

But, as one tweeter pointed out, "active shooter at MIT" sounds way worse than "somebody got shot in Cambridge...again."

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not quite morbid enough to do it, but I bet if I went back in the news for the past year I could find 30+ school shootings. It sure feels like we have one a week at minimum.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Oh well...Wake me up when american children and
families on their way to schools and hospitals or work
start being "accidentally" targeted by drone strikes.
This is not going to end - it's been happening forever.
We're just now being over-saturated with the reports
to fit the current narrative.
"Guns are bad - give us your guns."
I say that not ever even having owned a firearm.

-Toy the Bear

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-9-2015 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

must have been satanic
edit on 14-9-2015 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Still have not located the shooter.

Faculty and students that have been cleared from academic buildings have been moved to the coliseum.

Mississippi Highway Patrol, Bolivar County Sheriff's Department, Cleveland Police Department, Delta State Campus Police, Mississippi Bureau of Investigation, and Mississippi SWAT are all on the scene.

A reporter for SuperTalk MS is reporting live from Delta State and says that students have been allowed to leave campus. Law Enforcement no longer believe Lamb to be on campus.
edit on 9/14/2015 by wshadow1 because: ETA:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Thankfully, there are no students hurt...physically.... Hopefully they catch him, before he hurts anyone else.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Delta State instructor confirmed as suspect in campus shooting, Gautier killing!

GAUTIER -- Delta State University instructor Shannon Lamb is officially the suspect in a colleague's shooting on the Cleveland campus and in a woman's shooting at a home they shared on a bayou in Gautier.

So the shootings are related.

Gautier police earlier Monday had confirmed Lamb is suspected of killing a woman whose death he reported by telephone. Authorities in Cleveland identified him as the suspect in the campus shooting in a news conference later Monday. Gautier police, in a news conference just after noon, said police believe Lamb, 45, was living with the woman in Gautier and left the house Monday and travelled to Delta State in a green SUV. Gautier police Detective Matt Hoggatt said university police have found a green SUV matching that description.

Where's he at if they found his car? Did he have an accomplice?

Neighbors Report hearing a sound at about 4:30 am but they said it sounded like a wreck. Rather than a gunshot.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jansy
a reply to: yuppa

And I'm a card-carrying member of the NRA......so?

I apologize if I singled out gaming...but I don't care how many "responsible" gamers there are out, the fact remains that you cannot glorify violence - in the media, in music, in GAMES - and not have it have a significant deleterious effect on society...but I also should have included the fact that as a society we are so far away from the kind of environment in our homes that cultivates a work ethic, a value/morals driven focus, a spiritual upbringing...you cannot have a healthy society if you destroy the family...and we have destroyed the family.

We, as a society, are reaping what we've sown. I don't know why anybody with a brain is surprised...

According to federal crime statistics, the rate of juvenile violent crime in the United States is at a 30-year low. Researchers find that people serving time for violent crimes typically consume less media before committing their crimes than the average person in the general population.
It's true that young offenders who have committed school shootings in America have also been game players. But young people in general are more likely to be gamers—90 percent of boys and 40 percent of girls play. The overwhelming majority of kids who play do not commit antisocial acts.
According to a 2001 U.S. Surgeon General's report, the strongest risk factors for school shootings centered on mental stability and the quality of home life, not media exposure. The moral panic over violent video games is doubly harmful.

It has led adult authorities to be more suspicious and hostile to many kids who already feel cut off from the system. It also misdirects energy away from eliminating the actual causes of youth violence and allows problems to continue to fester.

Its not the Games or th eMedia its the PERSON THEMSELVES who is broken to begin with. First they came for th e Video games...then they came for the guns. Not that far a leap. Its a VERY small percentage of people who a game or media influences. Im sorry i am not willing to give up my games to please a few who i dont even care about.. They can kiss my you know what.
edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: clarification

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I doubt they'll be kissing anything in the future...more like blowing everyone away...because they will have had all that good virtual target practice...

But...whatever. It's still a free country (for the moment), and TPTB are more likely to start banning worshipping God and persecuting people for loving their neighbor than trying to stop the commercialization/glorification of violence and mayhem.

Oh...and good for you for sticking to your (virtual) guns...yay...
edit on 14-9-2015 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well, I still haven't heard if they have him yet.

I am about to go to Cleveland for a birthday dinner. Yay me.

I'll check back later this evening and give you any updates that I get.

Everyone be safe!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Haven't heard anything new here. thanks for the updates have a good time stay safe!

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The US society is ill...why do these these kind of shootings happen more often in the USA then anywhere else? Of course there will be the "inside job" anti-gun government conspiracy popping up but these school shootings have become a part of the signs of the time. Jesus, when will this sjit stop?

Can it be that serious trouble like this, the immigrant problems, banking fraude, terrorist attacks and what not will become more frequent and increase to a point which will cause the kettle to boil over?

All we need is the long over due dollar collaps for a royal street flush.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ok so I guess he did get another vehicle, other than the green SUV

Mississippi Highway Patrol spokesman Johnny Poulos says investigators believe Shannon Lamb is driving a 2011 black Dodge Avenger with a Mississippi license plate and the number STF 015. The license plate also has the word "Stone" as a designation for Stone County

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
The US society is ill...why do these these kind of shootings happen more often in the USA then anywhere else?

I don't know that they do.

The old "If it bleeds, it leads" sensationalism media.

I expect a lot happens all over the world that goes unheard in the media.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join