It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Active Shooter Delta State U Campus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I hope they catch the person... Alive

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Not to derail THIS THREAD but
here's the link to the on again off again, shooter on campus shooter off campus thread yesterday.
I don't remember seeing/hearing the conclusion of that one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Makes a person kind of nervous about letting their loved ones out of their site for even a minute!

A poster above said people need to chill and I couldn't agree more!
Maybe need their meds adjusted or at least started...
edit on 14-9-2015 by TNMockingbird because: nvm

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
ETA before the gun issue comes up and its blamed on a "right wing nut job"

Prayers for those involved, stay safe

Edit: I see less than a page.......

Funny, You dont blame the gun when cops shoot someone, you blame the cops and riot and loot....i guess its only the gun when it fits the narrative.....

the liberal left really needs to decide who the boogeyman is going to be and stop flip flopping

Quoted because TRUTH!

Funny how narratives change isn't it?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I wonder if this sort of action is what has become the only way some people believe they can act upon perceived wrongs perpetuated against them, when they feel all other avenues have been exhausted.

Sad state of affairs.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I wonder if this sort of action is what has become the only way some people believe they can act upon perceived wrongs perpetuated against them, when they feel all other avenues have been exhausted.

Sad state of affairs.

I think its just like someone else has said before, the value of life is just gone.....

Weve basically become a culture of death.

Look at the suicide rates

The value of life has become so cheap, a growing number of people dont think twice about it, even their own

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I so agree with you. The vast majority of legal gun owners, myself included, are responsible law abiding citizens. Rocker. We do not consider a firearm a toy. It is a tool. So maybe you need to grow up. There was a state police officer murdered less than fifteen miles from my home last night on a stretch of interstate 24 I frequently travel. Knowing I carry a 1911, having the skill and fortitude to use it if absolutely necessary doesn't make me a cowboy. It makes me smart and prepared for a situation I pray to never find myself in. We have social and economic issues in this nation that are driving problems like this. That is the root of the problem and where we should be digging for answers. a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Funny, You dont blame the gun when cops shoot someone, you blame the cops and riot and loot....i guess its only the gun when it fits the narrative.....

the liberal left really needs to decide who the boogeyman is going to be and stop flip flopping

The sad thing is that social justice and the 2nd amendment should be well beyond the typical Left vs Right dialogue, but we just can't help ourselves and we must point fingers at the opposite side in troubling times. Correct?

Poor taste to bring politics in to an event such as this as it is still happening. Don't ya think?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Sad state of affairs.

I think its just like someone else has said before, the value of life is just gone.....

The value of life has become so cheap, a growing number of people don't think twice about it, even their own

I can agree with that, but I also believe that events like this are indicative that there are many things wrong in this country as whole.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Sad state of affairs.

The value of life has become so cheap, a growing number of people dont think twice about it, even their own

On the bright side, the price of organs is going up....just sayin...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The sad thing is that social justice and the 2nd amendment should be well beyond the typical Left vs Right dialogue, but we just can't help ourselves and we must point fingers at the opposite side in troubling times. Correct?

Poor taste to bring politics in to an event such as this as it is still happening. Don't ya think?

Incase you didnt notice, it was brought in before I posted it, but thanks for targeting me instead of the ones who did it, mine was merely a response to ROCKER, who immediately blamed it on guns
edit on 9/14/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Sad state of affairs.

The value of life has become so cheap, a growing number of people don't think twice about it, even their own

I can agree with that, but I also believe that events like this are indicative that there are many things wrong in this country as whole.

I agree with that, theres no doubt about that, I fear we are on a precipice as a country, and we might not pull ourselves back

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The latest:

JACKSON, Miss.—A professor was killed in his office at Delta State University in Mississippi, an official said Monday, and the campus remained on lockdown after reports of a shooter on the loose. Bolivar County Deputy Coroner Murray Roark said the dead man was in his mid-50s and was killed inside an office in Jobe Hall. He said officials are withholding his name for now. University spokeswoman Jennifer Farish said she wasn’t yet able to identify the deceased, saying it was still an “active situation.” It’s unclear whether anyone else was wounded. The lockdown began about 10:45 a.m. local time, with the university advising students, faculty and staff to take shelter and stay away from windows.

Source

I'll post more as I get it.. and between work!

edit on 2015-09-14T12:56:34-05:002112302015256 by C21H30O2I because: eta source

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

Oh here we go again..Blame movies and games instead of th e jerk who killed someone. I an d millions play violent games and watch violent movies and we dont go out killing people. Somethimes there is no reason but th e person just wanted to kill someone.

1984 is how it would be if we banned all games,and movies. W e need to invent a time machine,and if you dislike modern times so much we them and anyone else to a alternate timeline where there are no guns and we all sing songs and have ice cream.

YEah its a shame a professors dead, condolences for their family.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
Nothing is going to change until America grows up on the issue of gun control.
The right to have a toy capable of killing people does not override the right for other people to live, work and study in safety.
Sticking your heads in the sand and blaming the hundreds of perpetrators while doing nothing about their tools of choice is lunacy.

If it was a toy it wouldn't be killing people, and you could apply this to many. I understand the emotional response on this topic is to get rid of guns. But 300 million non military weapons it won't happen. All I'm saying is be logical. For instance it appears that in 2014 about 51,000 cases of gun crime, not all ending on death. In 2013 there were 173,000 rape victims. Now could we ban all guns and castrate all men to fix the problem? Sure. Is the logical solution to get rid of the source of both and punish innocent people? No. Again understand the emotional aspect but 300 million non military weapons. Only way to get them all, mass gun death. What do we do add more laws? Maybe but 25,000 on the books haven't helped are the next 5 the ones that do it?

Hope these people are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Isn't this just a typical monday in the usa?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Per RT, only news link I have found that there is now a hostage situation at Delta State.

www.rt.com...
edit on 14-9-2015 by usaman1983 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Incase you didnt notice, it was brought in before I posted it, but thanks for targeting me instead of the ones who did it, mine was merely a response to ROCKER, who immediately blamed it on guns

My comment was not necessarily directed at you.

Relax.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: usaman1983

Hey usaman1983, thx for the update! They are calling it a hostage situation. The shooting took place in the History and Theatre building on the east side of Delta State campus.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here's a live fox affiliate feed. Chopper shot overhead.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ok so, MSM reporting these: 5 things know about the shooting at Delta State University

1. A professor was killed in his office at Delta State University. The campus is located in Cleveland, Mississippi, in the Delta region near the Arkansas-Mississippi state line, WHBQ reported.
2. The Delta Democrat-Times reported that a professor was the victim. He was identified by the Bolivar County Coroner as Ethan Schmidt, CNN reported. He was listed on University’s website as an assistant professor of U.S. History.
3. Schmidt, according to the American Historical Association, of which he was a member, earned his doctorate at the University of Kansas and his Bachelor's and Master degrees at Emporia State University.
4. There are reports of a second, unnamed victim, according to WHBQ. The second victim was found off campus, WHBQ reported.
5. The campus was placed on lockdown and the university's 3,500 students were being advised to stay away from windows as police searched for the alleged gunman, WHBQ reported. School officials originally posted on the school's Twitter account that an active shooter was spotted on campus near Jobe Hall.

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join