It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate anti-gay people!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Really people?

It's a little sad to see grown folks engaging in juvenile discussions more appropriate for elementary school children. Tolerance isn't about not hating people; tolerance is the willingness to tolerate and to tolerate something is to allow it to exist.

Generally speaking, I dislike bigots. That's not the same as me saying bigots shouldn't have civil rights because I don't like them. I don't have to agree with the "conservative lifestyle" to believe wholeheartedly that conservatives should enjoy the same rights and freedoms as everyone else.

Get a grip you sappy buncha right wing wussies

edit on 2015-9-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What I hate are people who walk around telling everyone else what there are. Why? Who cares if you're gay? You don't see straight folk in massive parades telling everyone they're straight. Why do so many gay people feel compelled to tell the world that they are gay? I mean really, most people do not care if you are gay or not.

It's the same with people walking around being proud that they are some nationality. Why? What you are has nothing to do with what you did. Why would you be proud of something that you did absolutely nothing to make come about?

I just don't get it. I'm a straight white man. Am I proud to be white? Am I proud to be straight? Am I proud to be a man? No, why should I be? Being any of those things had nothing to do with me.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Starbuck799

As another straight white man, I can tell you that I feel no need to express pride in my whiteness or heterosexuality because there's never been any need for it. I've never had to hide who am I. I've never had to defend who am I. I've never been made to feel like less of a person by other people's bigotry. I've also never been told that there wasn't anything I couldn't do. There was no closet to come out of. There's no glass ceiling to break through. There's no stereotypes that I've had to strive to overcome.

I think these declarations of pride are more about people saying that they won't be ashamed of or apologize for who they are.
edit on 2015-9-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Starbuck799

As another straight white man, I can tell you that I feel no need to express pride in my whiteness or heterosexuality because there's never been any need for it. I've never had to hide who am I. I've never had to defend who am I. I've never been made to feel like less of a person by other people's bigotry. I've also never been told that there wasn't anything I couldn't do. There was no closet to come out of. There's glass ceiling to break through. There's no stereotypes that I have to strive to overcome.

I think these declarations of pride are more about people saying that they won't be ashamed of or apologize for who they are.

If there is white privilege, I have never experienced it. I have worked for everything I have with no favouritism in any way because of my gender or race.

You have obviously never worked at one of our institutes of higher learning. It's practically against the law to be a white male in those places. It's a huge myth that only white males are bigots. There is a ton of reverse racism around let me tell you.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What about people who believe in traditional roles? Do you hate them? People who believe men should be men and women should be women. I believe the "gays" should have the same rights as everyone else, in their house were I can't see them and don't know they exist. I hate the show Will and Grace. Men acting like sissies. What happened to Superman or John Wayne? Hollywood just doesn't stop trying to reprogram kids to be more tolerant . Soon we are going to have a Disney movie with a male princess. Do you believe that is right? We all gotta bend over backwards for the 1% or 5%? I am tired of seeing gay characters in my shows . I don't like you you act like a woman. I don't watch that show about nerds that has been on for eight years now cause I just don't care. But why do we gotta be smothered by their lifestyle choices? A fetish? So you like butt sex. Big deal. I don't want to hear about it so much.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: brancolinoxx
I hate satire, especially when it is hateful and written by a hater.

Hahahha he doesnt know what satire is.

and keeps running with the stick..

Brilliant

edit on 13-9-2015 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Whaaa?

OP, I'm going to assume you are being purposely ironic as Burdman suggested. Otherwise, re-read your post veeeery sloooowly.

ETA: Satire? Just barely. LOLZ!

I saw it

But then I see it lost on people on facebook all the time.. -- I know I know.. but I prefer to watch the world disintegrate from inside of it
ground zero so to speak haha..

I see people call anything satire there, to justify their obnoxious narcissistic ways.. it's one thing to make a point using satirical humour, it's another to be a bully and a prick and then say "it was satire!" lol

sad people do that anyway.. but OP I got ya

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
I think i understand this is a satirical post, but since we are here.. hate is a strong word, but they need love, those who hate GLBTQ+ people, or different Races or Genders hate for a Reason, it's easy to hate back, with the life i have gone through for my 23 years of existing, i could easily Hate my Parents, or the people that have abused me physically and mentally, Hate is very easy to justify, but loving those that hate you is stronger stance

I always thought you were older lol. 23 !! ahh you're a baby still..

give it 20 more, then lets talk.. haha..

I find I have changed my view on things like this lately.. I used to think that compassion for everything was the key. but I've learnt that this world is rotten. People take from you when you give, and when you need something, they're no where to be found. People are vampires. Vultures.

Now, I am allowing myself to hate. I hate that bitch who took her 1 year old baby to a boat harbour and left him to drown so that she could go nightclubbing like she used to. I hate that father that went to his boys cricket match and stabbed him to death because his ex wife wouldnt let him see him often. I hate that loser in my city who was on camera kicking holemess peoiple in the head 20+ times, who got off because he's now a church youth leader and choir boy.

I hate a lot of hate, that I had put aside. Now I am directing it. I have compassion for those deserving of it.

but as for just giving my compassion or care to anyone? the world has proven to me that it is just a place for us to die.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Anti gay lives matter too.
Its all or none

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This is not satire. This is politically motivated hate speech, by your own admission. Seems you hate anybody with an opposing view of gay rights. Veiling your day-to-day discrimination with claims of satire shows poor form.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
This is not satire. This is politically motivated hate speech, by your own admission. Seems you hate anybody with an opposing view of gay rights. Veiling your day-to-day discrimination with claims of satire shows poor form.

BS

his seems to be the trend in America though - dislike, or even Hating others for views that are not agreed with, and it happens on all sides of an issue.

Clearly points out the nature of his post.

Get off your horse, it aint that damn high.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

And proves to me something: no matter the intent, those with an agenda will not stop until they bring down anyone they perceive as a threat. Despite the reality of things.

You got some anger in there.. otherwise OP's post would not have irked you thus...

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Did I miss something somewhere.... Gays are people right? There's people rights.... Right? So why are we specifically bothered about what sex people like. They're covered, they have rights. They're people. I think what the OP is banging on about is that they hate people who don't follow this liberalist g-blt (sic) bull# Agenda thats being forced down everybody's throats giving people with 'extra curricular prefrences' priority over the ones who just stick to the text book. Now don't get me wrong... I dont care what sexual preferences bacon has, it all tastes the same to me. But if I don't like it, I have the choice to not eat it, right?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Do you ever just feel sick when someone walks into the room? Like, the way that person is, is so backwards, so messed up that it almost makes you feel ill? These people that are against gay rights make me so infuriated, so angry, I refuse to be friends with such people, I've even given worse service to these disgusting types of people, I know I know, treat others with empathy and try to be kind to everyone.... but such terrible people don't deserve empathy or compassion, right?

Open your eyes people. Hating someone for disagreeing with you is always the same act, you spend enough time Hating others for their discriminating views, you've become the other side of the same coin.

This seems to be the trend in America though - dislike, or even Hating others for views that are not agreed with, and it happens on all sides of an issue.

So hating people who disagree with you about gays is ok, but them hating you for the exact same reason is wrong? Typical.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Preaching tolerance by having a story titled I hate people who hate gays? So how is your hate more valid than their hate?....you just made yourself look incredibly dumb....I would delete this post unless you want to out yourself as a hate filled retard

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I think everyone gets what you're saying OP, but you've left the door open for all the actual bigots to come in and start whining and whinging with the thread title.

What they're doing is of course particularly weak and pathetic, but that comes with their MO.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
To the OP.

You do realize that you are expressing the same intolerance as the people you "hate", right?

To quote you " hating someone for disagreeing with you". That's exactly what you are doing. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Too much hate around at the minute.Even the Nazis had a good side.VW for example.
edit on 13-9-2015 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
No tolerance for intolerance?

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Don't people have a right to their own "preferences"?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join