It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did German and Japanese civilians deserve to be attacked with WMD during WW2?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
If you are American, this is a call to action. It's more than a game...

If you possess (at least) rudimentary knowledge of history, please be heard.
Defend your countries history program. You might recall what you learned in school? That's the program.
Give it your best shot.
Careful, you might incriminate yourself.

Call in the thinkers... operatives and the evildoers... State your case.

Did German and Japanese civilians deserve to be intentionally targeted in WW2?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Since history is written by the victors.

it will be written as "deserved".
edit on 9/8/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
In a sane world, probably not, but regardless of what the players say, there are no rules in war, I mean how can there be, it involves the systematic murder of your opponent

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Of course not. Incidents, such as the incineration of Dresden, were barbaric.
But once the blood starts flowing, it isn't easy to stop.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Japanese? No.

Germans? Yes, but that issue is much more complex. The US supported and funded Germany through it's Justice department and many corporations because it was fighting against the communist Soviet Union.

When the Soviet Union proved to be too much to handle for the Germans and the Allied nations, America allied with the Soviets and decided to ride their coat tails to victory.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

No, but as history is my witness, politicians treat taxpayers as fodder........so the same goes that neither did Veitmanese, Americans, New Zealanders and Aussies (and other allies) deserve to be hit with Monsanto's master-piece (agent orange) in the 60's.

I am familiar with Nagasaki and Hiroshima, but when and what WMD's were German civilians hit with?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It's a hard call, Japan would not surrender unconditionally, so a invasion plan was drawn up, this would of cost the allies more lives than the WMD's had taken.

I think the nukes were justified, remember if it wasn't nukes it was going to be bats armed with insidinary timered bombs. So in hindsight the WMD's actually saved lives.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: muSSang
It's a hard call, Japan would not surrender unconditionally, so a invasion plan was drawn up, this would of cost the allies more lives than the WMD's had taken.

I think the nukes were justified, remember if it wasn't nukes it was going to be bats armed with insidinary timered bombs. So in hindsight the WMD's actually saved lives.

This is what they teach so people think it is justified, The truth is Japan was already defeated, food supply cut short and other import restriction.

It was simply US gov had to show their new technology to the world on fisherman, women and children.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Not American, but your thread is daft. Feel free to take offense.

History is history, and what happened happened. Playing with these kinds of questions is a pointless endeavor- who "deserved" what is immaterial and irrelevant. It's not in our power to change those events.

Why don't you start a thread decrying the Assyrians or the Mongols? They were skillful butchers, don't they deserve threads too? Or how about the British, while you're at it? Their butchery only ended less than a century ago. But I'm guessing that wouldn't suit your thinly-veiled political agenda. I have no love for the U.S., but my concern is with the crimes that stand today, not those of the past.

This little game that people play with regards to history really perturbs me. It's like the idea that the Germans still owe the world something because of what their grandparents did. Truly infantile thinking at it's core.

History has always been a beloved hobby of mine. Do us all a favor and leave your low-minded political agenda out of it.
edit on 8-9-2015 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

No, but as history is my witness, politicians treat taxpayers as fodder........so the same goes that neither did Veitmanese, Americans, New Zealanders and Aussies (and other allies) deserve to be hit with Monsanto's master-piece (agent orange) in the 60's.

I am familiar with Nagasaki and Hiroshima, but when and what WMD's were German civilians hit with?

firebomb+dresden

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Not if you judge by today's standards, laws, and treaties, but if you were able to submerse yourself in standards, treaties, and laws of that era I am sure you could justify it.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
Not American, but your thread is daft. Feel free to take offense.

History is history, and what happened happened. Playing with these kinds of questions is a pointless endeavor- who "deserved" what is immaterial and irrelevant. It's not in our power to change those events.

Why don't you start a thread decrying the Assyrians or the Mongols? They were skillful butchers, don't they deserve threads too? Or how about the British, while you're at it? Their butchery only ended less than a century ago. But I'm guessing that wouldn't suit your thinly-veiled political agenda. I have no love for the U.S., but my concern is with what stands today, not what transpired a long time ago.

This little game that people play with regards to history really perturbs me. It's like the idea that the Germans still owe the world something because of what their grandparents did. Truly infantile thinking at it's core.

History has always been a beloved hobby of mine. Do us all a favor and leave your low-minded political agenda out of it.

Mass murder low minded??? You are on a tall horse sir. Quoting Thatcher won't help your credibility.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

This is what they teach so people think it is justified, The truth is Japan was already defeated, food supply cut short and other import restriction.

It was simply US gov had to show their new technology to the world on fisherman, women and children.

You know not everything we learn is BS! Japan was asked numerous times to surrender, even after the Hiroshima, it wasn't until Nagasaki did they accept defeat. So please go on?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Why stop there, does any killing in any war become justified somehow?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I think you are on to something. The unwillingness to surrender is, in a sense, submitting to annihilation. It should be no surprise.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Japanese? No.

Germans? Yes, but that issue is much more complex. The US supported and funded Germany through it's Justice department and many corporations because it was fighting against the communist Soviet Union.

When the Soviet Union proved to be too much to handle for the Germans and the Allied nations, America allied with the Soviets and decided to ride their coat tails to victory.

Hmmm.

US deliveries to the USSR

link   
So German and Japanese civilians were the only ones targeted? Never in WW2 did either of those two countries kill civilians of other nations?

What history lesson is this you intend to impart upon us? Millions of civilians were murdered by both Germany and Japan, look at what the Japanese did to China alone. Do not try to impart the moral standards of today upon decisions made almost 80 years ago, the world was a MUCH different place and a MUCH different respect of life was still present around the world.

A long story short, WW2 was a terrible global loss of life, civilian and combatant alike. And one can only hope to never see anything on the same scale again.

link   
a reply to: muSSang

I dont need to go on. It is the truth then and truth now.

Those bombs are nothing but a school bully kicking the hell out of his downed contender while other kids watched.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

why derail the thread here?
Just tell me if civilians deserved to be intentionally targeted.
That is the question.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Doin your own rewriting of history I see

Uhhh. The Germans were doing just fine until the US joined the war and made it a viable 2 front war.

On Japan. The world considered the 2 bombs a necessary evil . No one wanted this , but nearly everyone agreed it was the only way to end the war with Japan.

And when our President Apologist decided to apologize to Japan and the Emperor , the Emperor even called him out on it.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join