It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Officers Fire 84 shots at Suspect, Miss 83 Times

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
A mandated 12 lb trigger pull is not conducive to accuracy....

bearingarms.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I guess it went something like this.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

this going to sound just a like a typical uncultured white thing to say. .but he so looks like Dizzee Rascal.

an no i don't think that all different races look he same.

did not even read the post,. the picture amused me enough.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
as a hunter, i can say that if it took me 84 shots to land one on a moving target, i'd be going hungry an awful lot.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Are we talking shooting him for stealing from the car?
Or for shooting at the victim?

Agree with the latter, not so much killing for taking stuff out of a car.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Are we talking shooting him for stealing from the car?
Or for shooting at the victim?

Agree with the latter, not so much killing for taking stuff out of a car.

Both and either, I suppose. It is a good example for debate since his attempt to stop the theft resulted in being shot.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
as a hunter, i can say that if it took me 84 shots to land one on a moving target, i'd be going hungry an awful lot.

You got that right.
Imagine the hunters in Africa in the 19th and early 20th Centuries, having a lion, elephant or cape buffalo charging them when they had a single or double rifle to end the charge. They couldn't have imagined having the luxury of 83 misses before they made a shot count.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Cops get to use taxpayer funded target ranges that are there specifically for them to use and get ammunition provided to them too.... right?

Something isn't working right.

No, not really. They get a fairly small stipend for practicing. Not nearly enough.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Well we could debate the incident, but don't think it should be shown how we should just shoot people who are breaking into cars.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well we could debate the incident, but don't think it should be shown how we should just shoot people who are breaking into cars.

With this incident as an example, I could easily argue that saying please stop would likely get you shot.

Maybe it is an "injustice" to "peaceful" criminals who will be killed as a result of his "irresponsible" thievery but, in this case, this thief brought a firearm and was prepared to use it in the commission of his crime.

I say shoot 'em.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Next time some waste of flesh criminal takes 11 shots at you Im sure no one would miss. You would shoot him right in the hand like they do it on TV because that is how Jack Bauer does it.

The cops involved in this should be placed on desk duty until they have completed mandatory gun training. Their isn't a single person on this site that doesn't see it as being ridiculous and dangerous that many shots were fired and that many shots missed. That being said one waste of flesh caused this issue. One criminal fired the 11 shots at the cops . One person caused this situation but of course in ATS: PC land COPS are the only evil in the world.

"But in this case, ALL the focus should be on the cops incompetence in handling a fire arm. Imagine if one of those bullets had hit someone. " Does that not apply to the 11 bullets the criminal fired or does he get a pass because you know criminals aren't bad people only cops are.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I totally agree.. missing your target 83 times is unacceptable if your a police officer moving target or not as an officer you are accountable for not only how many times you shoot your gun but where each and every one of those bullets go.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: butcherguy

It gets different when the perp is firing, what was it, eleven times at them?
the Adrenalin gets flowing don'cha know?

I would suspect that none of you people would put your life on the line being cops or in the miltary, or join the Peace Corp or Green peace, etc. Get my drift?

And you would be 100% wrong. There are plenty of people on ATS who have been military and/or police and some of them have posted in this thread.

Adrenaline gets blamed a lot but I'll say again: you fight how you train. If you are poorly trained, your first reaction to violence will be to fire wildly in the general direction of the threat.

Some of us are not just armchair quarterbacking this thing...

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You can argue what ever you want.

Doesn't mean it somehow becomes a standard.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

what if that deer(s) had a AR pointed in your direction, or a whole group of ducks flying overhead had guns pointed down on you...now that would be an exciting, adrenaline-producing hunt

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
"well trained police"
if you think they are examples of well trained police then you are very sorely mistaken, delusional even.

a well trained police officer doesnt miss.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

originally posted by: butcherguy
Cops get to use taxpayer funded target ranges that are there specifically for them to use and get ammunition provided to them too.... right?

Something isn't working right.

No, not really. They get a fairly small stipend for practicing. Not nearly enough.

Well considering they likely will end up using firearms as part of the job,does it not seem a little stupid that they do not get the necessary training ?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Hosing down the area like some CHERRY with an M16 in Veitnam is an embarrassment to any organization...well MAYBE not to Yankees or civilians in large urban spawls...

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

With proper training and practice it doesn't matter if it's a 20 lb trigger pull. Notice those 2 crucial words?
Training.
Practice.
If you can't control your weapon, leave it in the holster and throw rocks.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I really have no appropriate comment regarding these 4 morons.

Did manage to find this picture of them doing the Harlem Shuffle after the shootout though.

84 shots, wow. That's gotta be 2 clips each give or take. Pretty sad.
It's amazing no innocents were killed in this debacle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join