It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Officers Fire 84 shots at Suspect, Miss 83 Times

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Remember the officer in Texas who took out the would be cartoon shooters with two head shots. That guy should be running firearms training for police departments everywhere.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Maybe the President should rename that district the "Bushwhack" neighborhood to fit this event.. Well, it was the first thing I would do if I lived there. You could get robbed and attacked and shot, except by anyone including the police, although with the police, you are in favor of the odds and have just one chance in 83 of getting hit.. That makes it a pretty safe neighborhood, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
So which part of my post gets the 'not really',
the part about the taxpayer funded shooting ranges or the paid for ammo?
Rodman's Neck is a NYPD shooting range.
As of 2012 NYPD officers were issued 95 rounds every six months for practice.

edit on b000000302015-09-08T20:35:34-05:0008America/ChicagoTue, 08 Sep 2015 20:35:34 -0500800000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Sunwolf

With proper training and practice it doesn't matter if it's a 20 lb trigger pull. Notice those 2 crucial words?
Training.
Practice.
If you can't control your weapon, leave it in the holster and throw rocks.

I suggest you try to fire a pistol accurately with a 12 lb trigger pull,then come back and tell us about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: TechniXcality

Hosing down the area like some CHERRY with an M16 in Veitnam is an embarrassment to any organization...well MAYBE not to Yankees or civilians in large urban spawls...

Do cops get their shirttails cut off when they miss this badly?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Cops get to use taxpayer funded target ranges that are there specifically for them to use and get ammunition provided to them too.... right?

Something isn't working right.

Most police departments have a very small stipend per officer for training time, it's not even enough for them to maintain minimum standards in most cases. You would think they would use all that money they steal for having drug residue on it for more range time rather than tanks, predator drones, and other surplus military hardware, but they don't.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

No they just make bad guys bolder who aren't afraid of the shakiest guns in blue there.
I was taught at 5 YEARS old with a .22 rifle .
edit on 8-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

originally posted by: Answer
"well trained police"
if you think they are examples of well trained police then you are very sorely mistaken, delusional even.

a well trained police officer doesnt miss.

That's why I put it in quotes, Captain Misses-the-obvious.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

All graduates of Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy...

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Trained by Imperial Stormtroopers...

ETA: Dangit Ghostranger!!! lol
edit on 9/9/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: butcherguy
Cops get to use taxpayer funded target ranges that are there specifically for them to use and get ammunition provided to them too.... right?

Something isn't working right.

Most police departments have a very small stipend per officer for training time, it's not even enough for them to maintain minimum standards in most cases. You would think they would use all that money they steal for having drug residue on it for more range time rather than tanks, predator drones, and other surplus military hardware, but they don't.

It all depends on the department.
Some have a lot of ammunition provided at no cost. If you check out police websites and blogs, there are some places that have no limits on the amounts of ammo that they use on the department range, while others might only receive 50 rounds per year.
I have shot with local PD's that have no range or ammo provided, they relied on a local children's charity that provided a range for their use at a children's summer camp. The cops did fundraisers for the charity, so it was one hand washing the other and worked out for both. Cops that want to become good shooters regardless of the hurdles that the administrators place in front of them.
I agree that it is ridiculous to spend the amounts of money that some departments do on equipment that is very questionable (such as maintaining a mine resistant armored vehicle!) while neglecting the time, ammo and training with weapons.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Maybe they were warning shots...I mean, only an insane police officer would shoot to kill these days.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Can we make them honorary Storm troopers, from star wars?
they never hit any thing to.
Sighs I should have read all the post first...

Paradox !
have a storm trooper try to shoot a Red shirt.
from star trek.

edit on 9-9-2015 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

"well trained police"
if you think they are examples of well trained police then you are very sorely mistaken, delusional even.

a well trained police officer doesnt miss.

That's why I put it in quotes, Captain Misses-the-obvious.
i did see your quotes before posting, thanks.

ill just spell out what i meant for you then, make it more obvious for you since that seems to be all you deal in.

what i was saying is you are implying with your post that this is what we would still consider well trained police in the sense that they have gotten the average policemen training we could give them and yet still end up this incompetent.

and what i was implying is these police were not trained as well as most police are, i was trying to imply that had their training been equal to the average police men then they would not have missed.
edit on 9/19/15 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join