It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finnish PM offers his home to asylum seekers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Finland's prime minister has offered his private home in northern Finland to asylum seekers, at a time of a massive flow of refugees to Western Europe through land and sea.

Juha Sipila told state media that his home in Kempele, located 500km north of the capital Helsinki, could be used to accommodate asylum seekers after the end of the year.

"We should all look in the mirror and ask ourselves how we can help… My house is not being used much at the moment. My family lives in Sipoo [east of Helsinki] and the prime minister's residence is located in Kesaranta," Sipila told public broadcaster YLE.

The prime minister also called on other citizens, churches and voluntary organisations in the country of five million inhabitants to open their facilities to asylum seekers.

www.aljazeera.com...

Personally, this news was touching in my eyes. He does not live there himself, so why not, as long as the refugees are decent people, why not help them out. According to local media he is willing to let around 20 refugees live there for a certain period (4 families). Considering how many wealthy people have there vacation homes, houses just empty nearly all the time, they could use these to help the refugees on their feet, at least initially when they arrive (of course not letting them live there forever, just a certain period after arrival). In the end, it is not their fault that they were born in the "wrong" country, in a nation where it is not safe to raise a family due to war or other reasons (like ISIS).
edit on 7-9-2015 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin
could be used to accommodate asylum seekers after the end of the year.

So he is waiting until next year, hoping they will go away in the meantime!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Or maybe the place needs to be emptied of his stuff?

Or perhaps it needs a bit of work?

Could be any number of reasons, none of which include hoping the problem will go away.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

Just how remove is his house? Kind offer but next year, they are here now.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Finnish PM offers his home to asylum seekers - For how long, just long enough so he reckons he can preach to others to do others to follow his example?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
He's not offering the house he lives in, he's offering his 2nd house. While it's generous, the article in the OP makes it sound like he's giving up the home he and his family actually live in.

Borrow my spare home: Finland's millionaire Prime Minister offers his second home to migrants as he urges people to 'ask how we can help'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... lp.html#ixzz3l3Y7Z2Ua
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

edit on 7-9-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
He offers a house and people still shoot holes in the proposal.

Unbelievable.

Should he make himself penniless and homeless to prove his sincerity?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
all his copper piping is about to be gone
heard it here first

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Meanwhile, in the "Greatest country in the world (the US)"....

We don't want you darned immigrants here! Git Out! Close the borders! I don't care if your family is here and you've lived here for 20 years! I don't care if your family was slaughtered by a dictator and cartels! This is MY country doggoneit! Git out and STAY gone, you filthy rapists and drug peddlers!

At least there's some semblance of humanity left in some parts of the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No wonder the symbol of the EU project is Europe being raped by Zeus.

Poor Europe.

top topics

join