It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnels Under Puebla, Mexico, Long Considered Myth, Now Confirmed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Why does he have this unreasoning disdain for the Spanish and their construction?

Maybe he's English.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

yea, go ahead and try blow it off, why didn't you reply with that to him instead of me?
you thought you were going to pull some pc crap on someone and got it put back in face.

edit on 8-9-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

yea, go ahead and try blow it off, why didn't you reply with that to him instead of me?
you thought you were going to pull some pc crap on someone and got it put back in face.

Yeah, man I'm way into PC crap.

That's the joke. Of course, it's not expected to be funny for the folks I have to explain it to.

Harte

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk
I was thinking he had some ancestors done in by the Spanish Inquisition.

Likely weren't expecting it, either.

Harte

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
An amazing feat for such primitive people, just goes to show there is more to this whole thing than we know of...

Peace

Have you always been so obvious about your racism?

Harte

Primitive does not mean racist, did mommy tell you this? it's not true.
And so no one actually knows their race.
noun

1. a person belonging to a preliterate, nonindustrial society or culture
2. a pre-Renaissance painter

adjective

1. relating to, denoting, or preserving the character of an early stage in the evolutionary or historical development of something

Remember a holo-deck scene where Data would say anything and the crowd would laugh? You doing the same thing except calling racist when someone mutters a beep, purr, or hiccup.. A little bit of odd behavior for a person, any person..Don't Ya think there little buckaroo?
edit on 8-9-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: Oh well, why not?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

An amazing feat for such primitive people, just goes to show there is more to this whole thing than we know of...

Peace

Harte

noun

adjective

1. relating to, denoting, or preserving the character of an early stage in the evolutionary or historical development of something

Remember a holo-deck scene where Data would say anything and the crowd would laugh? You doing the same thing except calling racist when someone mutters a beep, purr, or hiccup.. A little bit of odd behavior for a person, any person..Don't Ya think there little buckaroo?

Sorry, but I'm not explaining the joke again.

It was for my own amusement, not yours.

Harte

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Peace

Harte

noun

adjective

Hilarious, thanks for posting that. Here I am posted an innocent comment which wasn't even remotely racist at all...and come back here only to find 2-3 post referring to a comment which I clarified what I intended.

I truly admire this feats of engineering, but of course it wasn't the Aztecs or the Maya, but the Spaniards! That's cool nonetheless...

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Peace

Harte

noun

adjective

Sorry, but I'm not explaining the joke again.

It was for my own amusement, not yours.

Harte

I am glad your amused by that! Keep it up, no pun intend.

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Peace

Harte

I'm wondering where that comment came from...? These were 'stone age' peoples, building roads, stairs and pyramids and structures out of .....uh.. stone. Yes primitive. No matter where stone age societies lived or in what time, they still were stone age in their little part of the world.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Do you realize how many bricks were made, hauled and laid..?
edit on 9-9-2015 by Plotus because: rephrase my comment

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Peace

Harte

I agree. Nobody knows what race the Spanish were. It's a huge mystery, isn't it?

They guy I responded to must've just looked at the pictures in the OP and not read that the town and tunnels were built by Europeans.

Instead of noting his ignorance, I made a joke about his racism against whites.

Now, I've explained it again.

Since you appear to be under the same misconception, allow me to stop joking and simply point out that you are ignorant as well.

Harte

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

Peace

Harte

I'm wondering where that comment came from...? These were 'stone age' peoples, building roads, stairs and pyramids and structures out of .....uh.. stone. Yes primitive. No matter where stone age societies lived or in what time, they still were stone age in their little part of the world.

The Spanish were in the stone age when they sailed here?

Nobody reads anymore, I guess.

You guys owe the OP more attention that this.

Harte

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

edit on 9-9-2015 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Did it bomb on ya?

I still couldn't resist, sorry if I over done it . I'm laughing with you though. You should see when my "just joking" things Bomb, it is real ugly. Well, lets just skip that..

No worries Harte, you can get me next time

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Harte

Yes, we do. And so do you. You derailed the thread with a joke that was so unfunny, no one could tell it was a joke.

Cool thread, OP! S&Fs for you!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

no, more than anything, this story goes to show how easily the paradigms will dismiss what elders claim without any real reason to do so besides, "that doesn't fit my paradigm"...

Jaden

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Harte

Yes, we do. And so do you. You derailed the thread with a joke that was so unfunny, no one could tell it was a joke.

Cool thread, OP! S&Fs for you!

LOL.

Again, it was for my amusement, not yours.

Why else does a person post here?

At least you didn't make me explain it again.

Harte

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: abe froman

no, more than anything, this story goes to show how easily the paradigms will dismiss what elders claim without any real reason to do so besides, "that doesn't fit my paradigm"...

Jaden

Another example of why sarcasm and parody is required at ATS.

Show me a single "paradigm" that dismisses the possibility that Spaniards knew how to build a tunnel.

Harte

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Show me a single "paradigm" that dismisses the possibility that Spaniards knew how to build a tunnel.

Harte

I would suggest the Engaña Tunnel, but that's probably not what you mean..

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Peace

Harte

I agree. Nobody knows what race the Spanish were. It's a huge mystery, isn't it?

They guy I responded to must've just looked at the pictures in the OP and not read that the town and tunnels were built by Europeans.

Instead of noting his ignorance, I made a joke about his racism against whites.

Now, I've explained it again.

Since you appear to be under the same misconception, allow me to stop joking and simply point out that you are ignorant as well.

Harte

I got a nice laugh from that. Oh by the way, there were native Americans and central and south American Indians dispersed throughout all those regions, and they still are today, so exactly which of the dozens of different Indian races were they, who lived side by side with the Spanish? Hah , now who is ignorant? It wasn't only the Europeans who built.

PS when a race card is pulled, even for a joke where no one can tell it's a joke, what gets over looked? Answer: everything else in the thread. The "racist" part takes over and no one sees the rest, because of a joke that bombed, with a racist label on it. So that kind of makes you the one who gets the grand prize of ignorance, doesn't it?
edit on 9-9-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join