It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnels Under Puebla, Mexico, Long Considered Myth, Now Confirmed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
a reply to: Marduk
I was thinking he had some ancestors done in by the Spanish Inquisition.

Likely weren't expecting it, either.

Harte

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

On topic, this is a pretty cool find and I'm interested to see what they dig up down there.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
An amazing feat for such primitive people, just goes to show there is more to this whole thing than we know of...

Peace

Have you always been so obvious about your racism?

Harte

Primitive does not mean racist, did mommy tell you this? it's not true.
And so no one actually knows their race.

I agree. Nobody knows what race the Spanish were. It's a huge mystery, isn't it?

Remember a holo-deck scene where Data would say anything and the crowd would laugh? You doing the same thing except calling racist when someone mutters a beep, purr, or hiccup.. A little bit of odd behavior for a person, any person..Don't Ya think there little buckaroo?

They guy I responded to must've just looked at the pictures in the OP and not read that the town and tunnels were built by Europeans.

Instead of noting his ignorance, I made a joke about his racism against whites.

Now, I've explained it again.

Since you appear to be under the same misconception, allow me to stop joking and simply point out that you are ignorant as well.

Harte

I got a nice laugh from that. Oh by the way, there were native Americans and central and south American Indians dispersed throughout all those regions, and they still are today, so exactly which of the dozens of different Indian races were they, who lived side by side with the Spanish? Hah , now who is ignorant? It wasn't only the Europeans who built.

PS when a race card is pulled, even for a joke where no one can tell it's a joke, what gets over looked? Answer: everything else in the thread. The "racist" part takes over and no one sees the rest, because of a joke that bombed, with a racist label on it. So that kind of makes you the one who gets the grand prize of ignorance, doesn't it?

You're welcome to your opinion.

Mine is that calling the Spanish "such primitive people" wins that prize, with a close second going to the several posters here that think this was "dismissed" by Archaeologists until it was found.

Harte

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Harte

there was nothing in that post that was racist, all i thought of when reading his post was he was thinking way back not three or four hundred years. i thought he was meaning that lacked tools, technology, skill, and other things to build on that level.

to immediately go to racism should say something to you about yourself.

Yeah, it says I have a sense of humor.

Harte

chuckling away at your own posts is far from having a sense of humor.
just saying.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Why does he have this unreasoning disdain for the Spanish and their construction?

Harte

The tunnels were completed and are still intact, so it's rather unlikely they were constructed by the Spanish.

If they can find any evidence that the tunnels were completed on time or under budget, then it becomes a certainty that they were built by someone else.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Why does he have this unreasoning disdain for the Spanish and their construction?

Harte

The tunnels were completed and are still intact, so it's rather unlikely they were constructed by the Spanish.

Joking aside, so is the town, and it's still there.

Apparently, pre-Franco, the Spainards had some reasonable capabilities.

They left quite a few structures in the Americas that stand very well today. Been to a couple in fact. The fort at St Augustine comes to mind.

Harte

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Harte

Joking aside, so is the town, and it's still there.

Apparently, pre-Franco, the Spainards had some reasonable capabilities.

They left quite a few structures in the Americas that stand very well today. Been to a couple in fact. The fort at St Augustine comes to mind.

Harte

Nah. I'm going to go with EvillerBob on this one, if the Spanish had built them they would have collapsed by now. I'm thinking they probably made the Indians do it. Luckily, the French weren't involved for they would have collapsed before they were finished
ahaha

The fort at St Augustine had workers who were brought in from Havana, Cuba, to construct the fort in addition to Native American laborers
So I guess its still there because Native American laborers were involved
edit on 6-10-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well, of course.

You wouldn't expect the conquerors to do the labor, would you?

Harte

<< 1  2   >>

join