It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How were you brought to this site. Did Neo send you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I have been visiting this site for along time and sometimes I wonder how it was that I even found it. For me this site was a pop up site that came along with something I was searching and than it started. Information overload in 2011 I have been watching sense 2009 id say about.
Sometimes I wonder if this site is here for people of interest of some organization that is doing secret testing. Maybe i'm just thinking too much into things but I find it odd now that this site came to me the way it did. Tell me about your awakening and if you really are denying ignorance or just embracing it.
edit on Sun Sep 6 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit in error, sorry

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SpunGCake

No Neo although he's a good example, I simply followed my search for a decent site that discussed all the topics I am interested in and up came ATS.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I found this site a long time ago googling theories and researching anomalies. And sometimes just the occasional stupid question. I now visit the site daily but just recently made an account.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Ok , who is Neo . Sometimes i just feel stupid .
edit on Sun Sep 6 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: edit in error, sorry

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
So neither of you have had this pop up from opening another web page? Cuz thats how I got here. I guess I want to know if anyone else had a similar instance like mine. It was a long time ago though so I might be misremembering.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
It was searches on aliens, the paranormal, etc., would always seem to bring up some interesting ATS pages. Eventually moved out from lurking after a while of observing the site.
edit on 6-9-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

As someone who has spent $50,000> on ad's for businesses over the years, I think that pop up was just a coincidence. In any case, It's still a life altering event, Yes?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Did _____ send you?

Duh, no. Trinity did. God!

edit on Sun Sep 6 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I was watching a UFO video on YouTube and someone in the comments said it was already debunked on ATS. So I search ATS and here I am!

Who's Neo?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I first heard of this site as an advertisement on the radio during coast to coast am. Then I read and lurked here for quite a while before finally joining in 2008. I still only ever read and very rarely post anything.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I was looking up anything I could find such as new articles and blogs about corruption in the city government I lived in at the time. A search closely resembling "Government corruption in " and other similarly worded searched kept bringing up this site.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

How did I come to ATS?

I was researching a hypersonic aeronautical technology that had been spoken about in an article referring to Aberdeen University. From there I browsed the web looking for references to the technology and specifically technical specifications. I found that NASA had some links to data, photographs and tests results carried out at Nellis AFB (at the time I didn't know of the significance of Nellis). I FTP'd some test results, plans and photographs from a server there until I got a "connection refused". As I had enough to satisfy my curiosity, I didn't particularly worry & promptly forgot about it.

Anyway, about a week later I received a letter from an American Catholic University which said that I was a non-national and had inadvertently come across some classified documents. It requested that I delete any information that I had gathered, destroy any hard copy printouts and that I was not to disseminate any such material to other parties. I did as requested but thought it all a bit weird at the time as the data was fairly innocuous and developed outside the US anyway.

About that time I started receiving unusual unsolicited e-mails from someone with "SOL Militia" as their signature. The e-mails related information that seemed significantly bizarre (aliens & etc) and dropped hints of things that showed they were both privy to my personal details and that they came from a science/technical background.

I also detected some really clumsy attempts at surveillance (goons in suits with dark sunglasses or who looked like they'd been dressed by their mom and when you approached them they ran away or looked shocked) and it either got better, or they just lost interest after a few months. SOL Militia also never sent anymore e-mails after then either.

In trying to find out something about who, or what, SOL Militia was, I came across ATS. There I found out about Nellis AFB, area 51 and even found out that a potential relative was listed as one of the "Cammo Dudes" (Wackenhut Security personnel assigned to S4).

And here I am all these years later, not really that much the wiser.

edit on 6/9/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
i wrote 2 ebooks and was on a few radio shows. so i decided to see if they were linked from google. did a google search and found a thread with that as topic, tossed in the ats garbage bin. it had been written by one of the radio hosts who had interviewed me. it was the first link in the google list. at the time, the search spiders still crawled their garbage bin. so i clicked the link and read the thread. that lead me to create my own thread. and here i still am, since 2005. lol

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I honestly don't remember how I got here. I guess I just stumbled over the site and stayed to read. After reading a few threads by Phage, Slayer, Chadwickus and many other "old timers", I was hooked. I stayed on the fringe for a while, just reading and absorbing, then in '08 I decided to take the plunge and join.
edit on 6-9-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo - not enough coffee yet.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Neo (born as Thomas A. Anderson, also known as The One) is a fictional character in The Matrix franchise. He was portrayed by Keanu Reeves in The Matrix Trilogy, as well as having a cameo in The Animatrix short film Kid's Story. Andrew Bowen provided Neo's voice in The Matrix: Path of Neo.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Ok , who is Neo . Sometimes i just feel stupid .

Thats what happens when you take the blue pill.

edit on 6-9-2015 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Wasn't sent by Neo
I was googling aliens or UFO stuff, this site kept coming up in the searches. It seemed there were plenty of other interesting topics , so I joined. That was 2006 I believe.

Oddly enough I really have no interest in aliens or ufos now. Well I do a bit, but rarely post in or read that forum.

I don't think your pop up meant anything. ATS is a popular site, markets itself well, has a huge selection of topics that appeal to the majority and it's bound to come up. If you want to think there's a master plan there to lure in the masses then I suppose that's plausible.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I cited ATS for a project on MJ-12 in 1999. Back then it was more information pieces with a BBS. Even so, I lurked until 2004. Nothing like the page we all enjoy today.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Back in 2007 I was googling why I feel and act so different than everyone else. I came across the term indigo child so I then Google that. I clicked the ATS link I saw and read the thread but it was very old so I promptly made a new thread about it and was completely ridiculed about how I thought I was special and better than everyone else.

Surprisingly, I stuck around and mostly lurk but sometimes I get on kicks where I post a lot. Back a few years ago this used to be the place to find out info before I saw it anywhere else. Now it's one of the last. I wish the old members would have invited me to wherever they went.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpunGCake
I have been visiting this site for along time and sometimes I wonder how it was that I even found it. For me this site was a pop up site that came along with something I was searching and than it started. Information overload in 2011 I have been watching sense 2009 id say about.
Sometimes I wonder if this site is here for people of interest of some organization that is doing secret testing. Maybe i'm just thinking too much into things but I find it odd now that this site came to me the way it did. Tell me about your awakening and if you really are denying ignorance or just embracing it.

Hmmm. I can remember hearing about and reading various conspiracy things as far back as 2000 or 2001, but besides some of my hippyish friends in the counter-culture in Northern CA at the time, I didn't really know of relevant communities. I was just coming of age then.

Fast forward to about 2008 or 2009. I was doing some kind of random internet search on something conspiracy related and ATS popped up as one of the options. After that initial exposure, I then randomly read or lurked for a while until I began posting the past couple years.

edit on 6-9-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join