It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking this photo and effectively throwing a "curve-ball" at the Globe Earth myth.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Other than what I've been told, I have no personal proof that the earth is a sphere.

I've been in commercial planes only and I've never seen any start of curvature at the horizon. I've never seen any buildings tilt or bend at the horizon. The CN tower was 90 degrees strait all the way till it faded with the horizon.

Newton's gravity explanation doesn't make that much sense, the idea that a spinning ball can hold water is ludicrous since doing similar experiences in a smaller scale always results that a spinning sphere's gravity is OUTWARD.

Can't trust NASA, can't trust masons, can't trust our education system but I, usually, can trust my own eyes.

The only way I could ever truly believe either theory, is by going over the middle of Antarctica from Australia and end up in South America.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

You said there was evidence. Show me. 1 true photograph.

No point. Your confirmation bias will not allow you to accept any such photograph as true.

DeGrasse was saying it is shaped more like a pear, than a sphere.

No, he didn't.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Time zones on a flat earth

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You said there was evidence. Show me. 1 true photograph.

No point. Your confirmation bias will not allow you to accept any such photograph as true.

No, he didn't.
Yes, he did...I got his name incorrect...Neil Degrasse Tyson.
He says it is pear shaped at around the 1:25 mark.

edit on 20152015-09-05T23:46:34-05:002015-09-05T23:46:34-05:00Sat, 05 Sep 2015 23:46:34 -0500America/Chicago3430 by occrest because: spelling

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

No, he didn't.

Well I'm pretty sure he said Pear "shaped" at 1:20...

Which means that NASA pictures that show a close to perfect spherical earth is just total BS or DeGrasse is total BS OR maybe both are.
edit on 5-9-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Yes, he did...I got his name incorrect...Neil Degrasse Tyson.

He did not say the Earth is more pear shaped than spherical, did he? You made that up.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Maybe you should check your information before loosing credibility.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Which means that NASA pictures that show a close to perfect spherical earth is just total BS or DeGrasse is total BS OR maybe both are.

The Earth is closer to a sphere than a pear. Much, much closer. So much closer that the difference is not apparent in a full disk image.

edit on 9/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Maybe you should read what is written and listen to the words which were said.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Awesome logical fallacies. That's not the shape he claimed.

Earth is not only oblate — wider at the equator than pole-to-pole, but pear shaped — slightly wider just south of the equator

I guess since you can't win on facts you can just lie to remain ignorant. 49/51 split with the south being wider matches his comments, not your ridiculous picture.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
a reply to: Phage

He did not unless you take his words out of context, I quoted him.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: occrest

If the Earth is flat how does the sun, which is above the Earth in that animation, magically disappear from view?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

The Earth is closer to a sphere than a pear. Much, much closer. So much closer that the difference is not apparent in a full disk image.

Sure, the spherical model makes more sense than a pear model and he didn't say that it was closer to a pear than a sphere but I really doubt we wouldn't have seen it on so called NASA earth images.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

If the Earth is flat how does the sun, which is above the Earth in that animation, magically disappear from view?

Because it would disappear at the horizon just like anything else that gets far enough. Even then, when the sun is out of view, we still see it's light for a while.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

but I really doubt we wouldn't have seen it on so called NASA earth images.

Why?
Do you know the percentage of oblateness?
I'll give you a hint. The equatorial bulge is less than 50 km. The diameter of the Earth is 7,900 km. Can you do the math?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Because it would disappear at the horizon just like anything else that gets far enough.

How far away is Arcturus?
How far away is M31 (the Andromeda galaxy)?

edit on 9/6/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
it is still not the same as what your Beloved NASA has posted as evidence of the earth. they always post graphics that depict an earth shaped like a perfect sphere. Take one of their latest for instance....
If this graphic was a true representation of where we live, then this image...
Is false. The earth would fill the sky when viewed from the moon. Not to mention that 1, we can see that there is no shadow from the moon cast on the earth in the gif.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Because it would disappear at the horizon just like anything else that gets far enough. Even then, when the sun is out of view, we still see it's light for a while.

Among other problems, that can't explain the midnight sun in all of Antarctica.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

How can there be a horizon if the Earth is flat? A horizon would only occur due to curvature of the Earth.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The earth would fill the sky when viewed from the moon.

That would sort of depend upon the focal length of the lens used to take the picture.

Not to mention that 1, we can see that there is no shadow from the moon cast on the earth in the gif.
How about providing a direct link for the image, then we can discuss it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join