It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't forget to talk to your kids about Star Wars!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Direct link to video

It's not too late to teach your children about Star Wars. Please take the time to make things right by them. They may not understand now, but they will thank you when they're older.

Happy Force Friday!
edit on 9/4/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional text.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

happy force friday WTF
in all seriousness i do really enjoy star wars

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The issue is real.

These are parenting issues that my husband and I struggle with every day.

Thanks for the PSA.

edit on 4-9-2015 by VegHead because: typo

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
At @ 3 minutes in, the kid goes, "He's not his father". No need to explain that. How could Luke be the son of the bad guy?

"Its a farce son, like everything that comes from Hollywood."
edit on 4-9-2015 by intrptr because: emoticon

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
That's a hilarious video, kid. I like the part where the guy was talking about dressing up like Jar Jar and scaring his kid at night so he wouldn't like him. Real nice dad.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Lord Vader, possibly the coolest villain in the history or story telling.

Right up there with Dr. Doom Sepheroth and Thanos.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I will just let my son watch this video when the time comes.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Millennium falcon drone goes on sale tomorrow. I predicts it's probably going to be top Christmas toy this year. Would be worth getting hold of a load and holding on to them, then sell them for insane price on eBay when the stores sell out.
www.engadget.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

That's a classic. And when they're old enough I'll let mine watch this too.

Direct link to video

It's right up there with the Robot Chicken and Family Guy Star Wars specials.

a reply to: woodwardjnr

Yeah, I'll probably buy that too. But, sorry, it's no Sphero BB-8.

Direct link to video

Here is a very comprehensive review, with plenty of GIFs of it in action.

And here's a trick to get it for $25 off.

edit on 9/4/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixed typo.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Update: We’ve heard from a reader saying that Brookstone has made BB-8 ineligible for the Groupon voucher. Probably best to hold off until we get clarification.

Holy force balls, I still want one

Thanks for the vid, never knew they had made this lil guy!

Nice to see you again cmdrkeenkid

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Update: We’ve heard from a reader saying that Brookstone has made BB-8 ineligible for the Groupon voucher. Probably best to hold off until we get clarification.

Well, that's a bummer. Still worth the extra $25 anyway.

Thanks for the welcome back.

edit on 9/4/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Formatting edits.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I include the dogs, cats and horses in the family Star wars lore telling.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
All 3 of my kids (ages 7,8,10 )' have sat through star wars marathons since they were first born.
My kids have also watched every single episode of dragon ball z. And have surprisingly also learnt some very important lessons from that series.

Back to the thread: star wars was a VITAL part of my childhood, so i felt it necessary that my children had to experience it for themselves.
Happy to say, they love it.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82 it's a timeless story, with some good lessons in there. Han Solo was one of the main role models in my life.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My daughter was born on Star Wars day.
The fourth is strong in this one.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

HAHA!

I talk Star Wars to my 2 year old ALL THE TIME!

Just last night I used his Darth Vader, which is as tall as him, to get him to listen. He kept throwing his food and I kept telling him no. So I grabbed Vader, sat behind him and started talking in Vader's voice. I told him not to throw his food. He did it again. SO I raised Vader's arm (the hand is open like he's about to choke you lol) and I said "Don't make me destroy you." OMG it worked! He stopped throwing food and ate quietly after that. I had to go in the other room to laugh because it was hysterical!

I use Vader often in my parenting moments!

My boyfriend also talks Yoda to me. I LOVE it. It's so cute and for Halloween he is Han Solo and I'm Princess Leia in the white outfit with the side buns! My son is Yoda lol

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

That's pretty awesome! I have a remote control R2-D2. Our 18 month old son is afraid if him when we move him around though, so Artoo pretty much stays in the closet.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

That's pretty awesome! I have a remote control R2-D2. Our 18 month old son is afraid if him when we move him around though, so Artoo pretty much stays in the closet.

OMG I love that R2D2! Thinkgeek is one of my favorite sites for geek related items!!

My sons room is all Star Wars and space themed. He has a lightsaber lol He wails on Vader with it! I have the Darth Vader mask with the voice box, found it years ago at a thrift store for $9! It's AWESOME but he is slightly afraid of it. He will make the breathing sound Vader does but if I push the other buttons or put it on he runs lol.

I got him one of the new toys from the new Star Wars, a Stormtrooper, and honestly I was disappointed at how it was made, very poorly. I will continue to buy my Star Wars stuff from Etsy and Ebay, all vintage stuff!

I want to get the other bigger characters like his Darth Vader lol He carries Han Solo around and makes blaster sounds at the dog. It's so funny!!

Have you seen the Han Solo in carbonite fridge? LOL it's awesome! I want to get it for my BF for Christmas. He's a big Star Wars fan too! I have already told my mom she is watching my son the night the new one comes out at midnight lol She's off for winter break so my bf and i can go see the first showing and we will be in FULL costume! LOL

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Yeah, I have. It's pretty awesome, but until we're empty nesters (In 20+ years!
), I don't think I'd be able to swing it anytime soon! My wife isn't the Star Wars geek I am. Our son has a plush Chewie we bought from the Disney store right after they acquired the rights. That's his sleep-time buddy.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Yeah, I have. It's pretty awesome, but until we're empty nesters (In 20+ years!
), I don't think I'd be able to swing it anytime soon! My wife isn't the Star Wars geek I am. Our son has a plush Chewie we bought from the Disney store right after they acquired the rights. That's his sleep-time buddy.

My bf is definitely the first huge Star Wars fan I've ever met or dated. It's awesome! He's my Han
I'm his Leia

I want to redo my kitchen with all the stuff from think geek lol I could have the cool knife set and many other things and it would just be awesome!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join