It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Maker Creates 'Crusader' Assault Rifle With Bible Verse On It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Gun Maker Creates 'Crusader' Assault Rifle With Bible Verse On It

A Florida gun manufacturer is facing criticism for creating an assault rifle with a Bible verse on it that's meant to stop "Muslim terrorists" from using it.

Images of the AR-15 Crusader rifle posted online by Spike's Tactical in Apopka show an emblem of a cross inside a shield similar to those used by the Knights Templar during the Crusades on one side.

The other side features Psalm 144:1:

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Erm... I'm not sure how I feel about this. Is it really a good idea to associate Christianity with Muslim violence? But the guy who made it isn't helping his case.

Ben “Mookie” Thomas, a former Navy Seal and spokesman for Spike’s Tactical, told the Orlando Sentinel he wanted a rifle that no devout Muslim would touch.

"Off the cuff I said I'd like to have a gun that if a Muslim terrorist picked it up a bolt of lightning would hit and knock him dead," Thomas told the newspaper.

That sounds kind of xenophobic to me. The Council for Islamic Relations agrees with me.

The Florida chapter of the Council for Islamic Relations points out there have been more than 250 mass killings in the United States this year, and only one involved a self-proclaimed Muslim.

"Sadly, this manufacturer’s fancy new gun won’t do anything to stop the real threat in America: the escalating problem of gun violence," the organization said in a statement cited by WTSP. "This is just another shameful marketing ploy intended to profit from the promotion of hatred, division and violence."

Earlier this summer, the chapter filed a federal lawsuit against a Florida gun store that declared itself a "Muslim-free zone." In addition, the parent organization has asked the Department of Justice to address the growing number of "Muslim-free" businesses.

Now, I WILL grant that this guy is a Navy Seal and probably met more than one Muslim Terrorist while deployed overseas in various combat zones. HOWEVER, this gun is supposed to be marketed HERE in the states. To civilians. Who do you think are going to be the type of people who buy this gun? Other Navy Seals OR xenophobes who think that Muslims are about to invade the country?

ETA: The Council for Islamic Relations likely doesn't have a case either. There is nothing against the law about marketing legal merchandise that is bigoted.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well, I guess if some Muslim extremists wants to make his own weapons with Koran verses instead, say a suicide vest, and market them to his pals he is more than free to do so.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
What we have here is a crusader.

With the cross of Jesus, going on before…

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yea, I had to edit the OP to clarify that there is nothing illegal going on here. Just pointing out the latest in the xenophobic and fake war against the non-existent invading Muslim threat.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I personally think it is silly, but free country and all that.

I like my weapons unadorned so anything srcibbled on them is unappealing.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, I guess if some Muslim extremists wants to make his own weapons with Koran verses instead, say a suicide vest, and market them to his pals he is more than free to do so.

Exactly. If you don't want an AR with a Bible verse. Don't buy one.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I think it is just a marketing ploy to sell more for him. I mean, without him saying that is what it was for, it would just be an AR with a bible verse on it.....he is the one stating that it was made so Muslims couldn't shoot it....there is no anti-Muslim slur on it. I think it would be a bit different if he engraved a pig on it or something of that sort, or a caricature of Mohammed or something like that.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't exactly care about the various decals and stuff put on guns; I'm just concerned that a gun that is typically argued as a hunting weapon is being sold as a weapon intended to kill other humans.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I mean that particular psalm isn't exactly peaceful, regardless if it is intended for Muslims or not.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheridan91s
Exactly. If you don't want an AR with a Bible verse. Don't buy one.

I want him to make me one with sayings from the Necronomicon.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I do not think it is appropriate to use the words of the Bible in this way.

As a Christian, this offends me. When men go to war, no matter how necessary, they must remember they do not do so in service of Christ, because Christ requires no man to fight for him. They may do so in the service of human kind, they may do so in service to their nation, but never to Christ.

For shame.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I mean that particular psalm isn't exactly peaceful, regardless if it is intended for Muslims or not.

No...it's not, but it also isn't out of the norm for a SEAL to have that as a saying/creed for their unit in some fashion.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

You're almost as good a weapons marketer as Obama.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Yeah, I couldn't possibly think of a more appropriate mix, than combining fanatical religious beliefs with a semi-automatic rifle.

It's kind of like leaving a hardcore smack head alone with a kilo of pure heroin, then just trusting he won't be stupid enough to end up O'Ding himself on it.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

What a retarded analogy.

Does a Bible-verse engraved gun suddenly compel its owner to go on homicidal rampages?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I prefer the Bacon K-47.

Seems like a pretty reasonable idea if, that is, you happen to buy into the whole "Muslims are going to kill you all" BS fairytale our news media and government are selling. I do not. I know who the dangerous gun users are and most of them would claim to be Christian.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

No...it's not, but it also isn't out of the norm for a SEAL to have that as a saying/creed for their unit in some fashion.

Like I said. I understand the sentiments coming from a SEAL. I'm more concerned at the demographic this SEAL is marketing the gun too.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

If you are implying that I am trying to ask to have guns banned, you are SORELY mistaken.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Exactly. Apparently it is lost on many that this is a gross misuse of the Christian religion by trying to drag it back into its old hateful ways. If Christians want to show that they are loving people, buying guns with bible verses talking about war on them isn't the way to do it.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Whoopey Jesuses army will march again!!.

Send those 19 year old sheep to the next darn war all for Jesus!!.

I want a Hello Kitty one though

Or one with Monkey Magic on
edit on 3-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join