It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

recurring dream places and a longing for the feeling of being at home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I actually really miss having these kinds of dreams.

As I've aged, suffered more health issues, and my sleep has suffered, I no longer remember my dreams at all. Occasionally I do, but they are random dreams unrelated to the worlds I once repeatedly dreamed of.

And yes, I've tried everything. Eliminating unnatural light, a sleep mask, dietary changes, supplements, seeing a sleep clinic, medication, meditation, keeping a sleep journal and dream journal, etc. etc. Having a nightly ritual. I've tried it all. Nothing brings me restful dreams like I used to have. Probably because I'm a much lighter sleeper prone to insomnia now.

Peace.

XL5

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Peppycat, I too get the power/phone lines while trying to fly. First I would fly around a set of them, then another pops up. The whole area would become a tangled mess before long. Strange that something like that would be that common.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: XL5

Yep, happens to me all the time, too.

I also have dreams that I'm in aircraft that are in peril. I dream a lot about traveling on trains, too.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LeslieD
Parallel universe is actually what I thought and what still makes more sense to me. They all said no, past life. Go figure.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04 insomnia is the pits. The best medicine I can recommend is to get a bit of exercise in about five or more hours before turning in for the night. I don't know what your health problems may be but my heart goes out to you. I've been so weak from ailments in the past, the best I could do was lift canned food for exercise.
I do believe that if we find time to go to natural settings, where the air is cleaner, we can benefit our well being and our mind will retain the beautiful memory of nature. Autumn is around the corner and, for me, autumns smells are truly refreshing. There is something about how the ground smells after a light rain that I find very comforting.
There are certain essential oils that help to drift off to sleep peacefully too. I am hoping to by a vaper machine with a timing mechanism that shuts off automatically after putting the essential oils in the air.
I'm on a budget so putting the oils on a cotton ball inside pillowcase works well too.
Lavender, sweet marjoram and green mandarin are a few for sleep and clarysage may help with dreams. But if you do find interest in using essential oils, do your research about how to use them properly.
Take good care of yourself, peace.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Yes, exercise helps with a whole host of issues for sure. I've been increasingly working out over the last two years and I must say, I do sleep better. Still no dreams usually, though.

When I'm feeling up to it, I do want to try to go to the beach more often. That always used to help so much. My father used to say it was the negative ions. I don't know if there's any truth to that, but I know I felt (and slept!) better after visiting the beach.

Thanks

Peace.

P.S. pleasant dreams to everyone else.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

At the end of a days' work you return home and you are comfortable and you feel secure, a place where you can entertain yourself and share time with your significant others, and also recuperate and also find safety.

Obviously, the fact that you can think about your home in some way means that you still have a connection to it.

Perhaps then, this "incarnation" is just like a long day's work, you must be getting bored or even frustrated, and you are counting down the minutes and even feeling a little "homesick" - just like me when I think about my secret base.
edit on 2-9-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Bluesma The process of grounding resonates with my need for wellbeing. I have been in states of being where I can hardly solidify a complete thought.
I also have dreams of flying and lots of times I'm going to far away and feel a sense of danger. When I can't seem to go above the telephone wires, I feel a sense of frustration. I have other flying situations in the dream state and your post is making me think that a dream journal would be very helpful.
Thank you for helping me to think more clearly about dream states and the relation to waking life.
Peace to you, Bluesma!

To you as well!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join