It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battered at work don't get paid....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

gasp!! That's AWESOME!!!

wow. Can I be the on-set coffee girl, at least? I mean...Johnny Depp and all....

*swoon*

or maybe I could be the dog watcher? or the bag-carrier? Maybe the beer-wench?

edit on 8/30/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

Nahh.....I'd rather bring you ice packs for your fingers and wrists as you type up the nasty truth about this world.....

love ya!

Beer-wench then!!

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well what we are typing here is in book 18 chapter 12 of my memoirs and you can pick whoever you want to play you as you are typing a reply.

Oh and no coffee on set...This is my Biopic so it's booze yes you can be the Barlady.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Hey, see my edit.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I love having delusions of my own grandeur

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

FUN! Right? I love it, too.

Your devoted "Church of Monkey" administrative assistant,
BuzzyWigs

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

All hail the great monkey sage.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Banana, sir???
Or pint?

Your pleasure is my command.....

P.S. You should make that your avy while you're off work and attending to your memoirs. Just a suggestion.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yep thats how it goes in this country all the laws are written to favor the companies. Thats why we formed unions back in the day. In the 1950's half of the country's work force was unionized today it's less then 6%. I'd say their standard of living was a lot better back then then it is now.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

In the US, the workers are protected, and when hurt on the job during the time youre clocked-in, youre covered against injuries.

If you have a witness and someone who will testify. It also had to be negligence against the place where you work. You cant just hurt yourself because you were dumb and get workers comp. Not anymore. Most workers comp judges were business attorneys fighting against employees if that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy at work.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Well, even if we disagree about some topics, you don't deserve this. No one does more so when trying to help some autistic people with stress problems. Wish I could help you but don't have a clue about laws in the UK pertaining to workers comp.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Sent my contract to a solicitor yeserday with details of what happened.
I will keep you all updated.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Hope you're feeling a little better now - can I ask, are you on a zero hours contract? I work in a smiliar setting - rehabilitation following acquired brain injury - but work nine to five, contracted. I just checked the paperwork and I have waaaay more rights than that. I would have full sick pay at least. However, when I worked in acute care, it was shift work and if I got hurt, they just didn't schedule me until I was better.

I agree with everything you say about how the best laid (care) plans of mice and men can go awry, and it does sound as though you need to find a solution to having fire extinguishers in reach (but still accessible, it's a toughie). In the meantime, have you considered moving sideways, so you can still do the work you love. I got my teaching qual, left acute care (rewarding, but a little too war-zoney for the long term) and and now teach in a service that works with people much further along in their journey - still that exciting edge of unpredicatability and knowing you're helping people recover from terrible experiences, but much less, well, hurty.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
How are you doing now, man? Are you getting around okay? I'll be nice and not post any funny videos. I imagine it would still hurt too much to laugh.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: singingbones

Yup zero hour contract...
Nah feeling okay about it all now, just want to get back on the horse and support my dudes again.
Thing is with me I hate paperwork and my skill set is on the front line lol

Cheers for your support dude

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

These pain meds are great mixed with scotch lol.
My sleep pattern is all over the place having an hour here and there and waking up in pain but I sneezed and actually cried a little (don't tell the girlies
).
I have to go in to work today for a meeting which I can not miss because it is to do with a new resident we are getting but they are going to pick me up and drop me off

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I just saw this, sorry for being late... i hope your Ribs are better... i've gotten Broken Ribs before from beatings, they are not fun

Feel better!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join