It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sunbather and a Drone meet at 200 ft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The sunbather is believed to be a technician working on the wind turbine , the drone was piloted by Kevin Miller who thought he would get an overhead view of the turbine with his drone on a sunny day but caught more than he was expecting , as the drone rose to the top of the structure he discovered the man atop of the wind turbine having a crafty break from work and catching a few rays.
The video shows the moment the pair met at 200 ft.

Can a man get no peace !

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

My local news reported that he was a Monk that lives on campus. They said he likes to go up there to reflect and pray.

After your post who knows? It would be a bit cooler if it was a monk lol. I don't think I could even climb the ladder to get up that high. But it sure would be peaceful with an excellent view!!

ETA - Maybe it is a monk?? Chatter around the net says this is where it was filmed? www.portsmouthabbey.org...
edit on 8/28/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Oh well that's awkward. Could have been worse I guess, could have been naked... Yano thinking "Ohhhh no one is going to see me up here!"

Cheered me up though I will say

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

My local news reported that he was a Monk from a nearby abbey.

So he wasn't sunbathing , he was communing with God ?

I think as the hatch is open and the turbine is switched off it's more likely he's a technician taking advantage of one of the fringe benefits of his job , but it makes my feet tingle just thinking about sunbathing that far up ... not for me.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Can a man get no peace !

He'd get plenty of peace if he fell asleep up there...eventually!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

What better place to get a few z"s while on the job.
The guy with the drone just gave this technician's boss an idea on how to check up on his workers. All good things always come to an end.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Very cool view but sunbathing up there is not for me. Knowing my luck, I'd be dozing away, completely forget where I was and just roll onto my side to get more comfortabaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh............................................!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Dude's like, "What?"

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Is this turbine accessible to anyone?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
we have tens of thousands of these things in this area. Ranchers/farmers made millionaires from the royalty and access payments.

The thought of being on top of one of those things give me the worst anxiety. Seeing that video gave me noticable vertigo.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I use to buld thim it is very beautiful vew when your on top

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: iskander683
Very cool view but sunbathing up there is not for me. Knowing my luck, I'd be dozing away, completely forget where I was and just roll onto my side to get more comfortabaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh............................................!!!

I would probably do the same. Hahaha!

top topics

join