It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this footage captured in 2008 show Bigfoot?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
A short video has turned up that appears to show a living something squatted down next to a stream-bed. The man who filmed it, MK Davis says he creates stock footage of nature that can be sold on to individuals and companies. Here's the rundown in his own words:

He said he only saw it when recently reviewing the footage.

He said: 'It was really dark when I filmed it and I was quite zoomed in at the time so I didn't see anything. I had been up on the mountain with some friends and we had found a flat area with a carcass where a deer carcass was with the bones snapped and the marrow sucked out.

'We saw some large prints too so we thought there might be these creatures in the area but we didn't see any more than that.

'It was only when I looked at the video again that I saw something white moving on the screen which is the bag it is holding.'

Mr Davis said shortly after capturing this footage he walked straight down the creek and must have passed within 15ft of the creature.

He said: 'I didn't see anything. It must have seen me as I got closer and pulled the branches down over itself to hide.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... z3jpMyjh7W

Here's the video with the moving figure down there on the lower right:

I don't believe there are any flesh and blood bigfoots out there so I'm obviously doubting that this is one. It looks like a chimpanzee with a small towel to me - unlikely in the US! On the other hand, maybe it's a person who has stopped for a little wash and a freshen up? The shape doesn't look particularly human to me although the images aren't so clear that I can be certain of anything.

When the left arm rises, there's a brightness that could be the bare forearm of a person. This would make sense as people roll up their sleeves to have a wash. There's also a brightness near where the forehead would be. My brain is seeing something like a gas mask or headphones, but, again, it's hard to say.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I saw this earlier today and after taking a look at the gifs and vids posted on his site - there is definitely something there. I think he is clutching at straws to definitively say it's bigfoot though - there is simply not enough footage and it is too grainy to make out any particular animal - if I squint and imagine - it could just as easily be a bear with a fish.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Looks like a hiker with a backpack and a sock hat, that's stopped to rest, get a drink and maybe dip a cloth in the stream to wipe his face. I have a very hard time believing in a huge creature such as Bigfoot, because after decades of searching, no bones, no body, iffy, blurry pictures and videos, but never any clear evidence.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

He's a bigfoot hunter so pretty much anything that doesn't have wings will potentially be a bigfoot in his eyes. It does appear to have 'haunches' rather than a human profile.

Whatever it was apparently felt comfortable with him standing there filming which suggests a person. Curious piece of footage.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I cant believe there are people who think bigfoor is real

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It is obviously a nearsighted guy in a monkey suit taking a crap alongside a stream and reading a newspaper.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

It's a metalhead sat on a rock attempting to lick the last crumbs from a bag of nachos.

If you want anything i.d.'ing,just ask me.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It looks like someone wiping their face with a towel after washing themselves in the stream.

I appreciate he is a Big Foot hunter, but I think he is pushing it with his claims.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
It looks like someone wiping their face with a towel after washing themselves in the stream.

Exactly.
You can see left bare forearm just beneath the towel.

Eta: If he creates stock footage for sale, surely it's got to be at least in HD format, this footage is in 240p, so it's foul play obviously.
edit on 25-8-2015 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Personally, I see what looks like leaves moving, and light/shadow moving across said leaves. I wish I saw more. Alas, I do not.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

To me, it looks like a man, seated, sun shining on his left half slightly, using a towel or something to wipe down something else. The video isn't very long nor clear, but that much would seem almost apparent to the discerning eye. I could always be wrong though. Interesting thread.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Could be - but I"m gonna vote in could be, but also could not be.

I'd like to think so, but since it's another low-res footage, with little to no detail - it's still a mystery to be solved.

The day someone catches one, or rescues and injured...will be awesome.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Meh.

Can't tell one way or another.

...and this is coming from someone who has seen Sasquatch. Not everything w/o wings is going to be Sasquatch.

I'd go so far as to say, this is more likely a hoax attempt than an actual Sasquatch.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
I cant believe there are people who think bigfoor is real
You do realize there are very respectable members here that have seen Sasquatch in the flesh.If you don't believe, that's up to you,but I believe these folks saw what they say they saw.

That being said,I say this being released by MK Davis should send up a red flag ,IMO.He did some good work with the PG film,but took a weird turn claiming massacres and whatnot.

edit on 25-8-2015 by crazyeddie68 because: (in reason given)

edit on 25-8-2015 by crazyeddie68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I'd like to see the whole video.

Not just this clip but the before and after. Without it it becomes very suspect.

Does anyone know if it exists?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Interesting footage but leaves a lot to question. Quite possible it's only a hiker or other person instead of a Bigfoot. Wonder why the man just didn't call out to the suspected person or Bigfoot in the distance. That would have likely solved the now developed speculation.

Gonna wait for better footage and more info, for now.
edit on 25-8-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Cool footage, but I think you have a white guy with long hair holding a bag or something. His forearms appear to be uncovered, if you look closely.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Once again Bigfoot escapes footage due to the incisive nature of people and always using the crappiest cameras they have. You know, were do these people even find these cameras at? I mean your telling me he missed filming or noticing whatever that is, which is literally a few feet away from him?

What kind of camera are these bigfoot hoxers and hunters using? It must be vintage ones, must be if its 240p, and cant even capture a clear image of something which is literally a few feet away.

Wow, thats like some of the very first cameras to be made back from the 1880s which there using. Even the things back from 1940's, or the old grainy ww1 footage they have out there, still has better resolution then these bigfoot videos.

Those things should be in museum somewhere next to the first cell phones ever made, you know the big old block ones which took some shoving to even fit in your backpack. Or they should sell it on E-Bay to tech collectors, then with the money they got off that, they can upgrade to something from at the very least the 60's or something.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

The gif looks like one of our members throwing back a beer .
edit on 26-8-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Lol. He does get about!

a reply to: AnteBellum

I'd like to see the whole video.

It's a feature of bigfoot hunting that claims are big, photos have to be blurred and footage has to be short and grainy. In this case, the 'origin story' has it covered already. He was taking short clips and didn't notice the figure for several years.

a reply to: ventian

Yeah, I said as much in the OP. I could quibble over the lower half though.

a reply to: galadofwarthethird

The low-quality cameras ensure perpetual uncertainty! They save all the 'good stuff' for the future...there are minutes of HD 'smoking gun' footage that various hunters are sitting on. Must be one a year making that claim.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join