It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Along with the Creationist, Chimps have entered the Stone Age.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

First of all, Catholics are not Creationists.

My mistake ...

Believing in a creator god and also evolution is not creationist
A creationist is opposed to the theory of evolution ... am I correct

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Yes.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Thank you
I understand better now

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So now I am interested in knowing
how all came to be ie the Universe and all it contains
from a Creationist perspective

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

First of all, Catholics are not Creationists.

My mistake ...

Believing in a creator god and also evolution is not creationist
A creationist is opposed to the theory of evolution ... am I correct

Creationist can mean several things but generally it is the view that the story of genesis is literal absolute truth, thereby making evolution, biology and geology contradictory to them. I firmly believe that evolution and creation can coexist fine, it's really just the literalists that do not even allow for the possibility. The majority of Christians and even religious folks as a whole are rational people who do not deny science. When most people use the term creationist, those are the folks they refer to. The people who actively post anti science rhetoric and the likes. I understand how folks could easily think creationist means the same as theist (any god believer), but that's not what folks mean. Just wanted to clear that up.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Thanks for your reply
And yes it does clear up my misconception of creationist's ... I now understand the frustrations regarding it

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

a reply to: Barcs

Thanks for your reply
And yes it does clear up my misconception of creationist's ... I now understand the frustrations regarding it

You were corrected, open minded about it, learned something new and took it all in stride. Maybe there is a God, cause on the internet this is a #ing miracle. Kudos to you on a job well done.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Why ... Thank you for saying so
Much appreciated ...

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Thank you
I understand better now

I would also say that Creationism is primarily a cult. As Barcs mentioned, Christians as a whole are rational people. Creationists are following the lead of a junk bond salesman who claims to know more about science than most of the scientific world.

Take a look at Ham's Facebook page today: www.facebook.com...
Are Human Hands More Primitive Than Chimps’?

Dr. Mitchell calls a study on hand evolution the “poster child for what is wrong in the study of human origins.”

They take the work of legitimate scientists who have published in peer-reviewed journals and insert their own dogma to make it look like they actually know something. The fact is, as I said before, none of them - including Dr. Mitchell - has ever done any real research into the subject matter. No one goes into a lab. No one obtains real samples and does any real analysis with modern instruments. No one publishes any papers to support their conclusions.

Read some of their articles on evolution: answersingenesis.org...
Every single article uses the same strategy - criticize published data, rewrite it with their own dogma, and put it up on their website.

It's a cult, it's a fraud, and it's dangerous, especially to young, vulnerable people who have no training in critical thinking.

edit on 28-8-2015 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This endless debate would be much more tolerable if the folks who are anti-evolution had at least a basic grasp of the concepts.

What happened during your formative years to stunt your education so badly? I went to a Christian school for 12 years but I still managed to educate myself thoroughly about the Theory of Evolution.

Every time we have this argument on ATS, it's quite obvious that some people possess about a 5th grade-level understanding of biological science.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

It's a cult, it's a fraud, and it's dangerous, especially to young, vulnerable people who have no training in critical thinking.

Just to pick you up on this point of which I agree

Critical thinking is vital for any developing child and also adults
I believe ... Critical thinking should be taught in school

It is dangerous as you point out for any to simply accept what they are told as true no matter who is telling that "truth"
Only by applying one's own research ... be it researching existing scientific or other papers or following one's own thoughts through in a critical/questioning manner

This is where true science excels ... A passion to understand how things work in the real world
My close friend's great grandfather was a famous scientist ... a pioneer in the study of DNA ...
He was a contrary figure ... would not suffer fools yet a great Humanist ... His discovery's came from his passion to understand what he observed and he worked hard all his life ... the word obsession comes to mind
This sort of passion is shared in many fields including art music etc
It is what enriches the Human Race

Yet as Leonardo said ... he was glad he received no formal education as it made him think for himself

edit on 28-8-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I find it interesting that creationist are offended by the OP, it is clear that some of their beliefs are from the stone age, but I will admit that most of their beliefs are of Bronze age origin.

If creationist are offended by their ancient mythological world view then why are they clinging to it?

If creationist want to remain oblivious to reality, it would be in their best interest NOT to attack science and Stop being dishonest, deceptive, evasive, deliberate, calculating liars.
We know creationist are not interested in answering any scientific questions. We know they don't care about developing a better understanding of the natural world. We know they present no scientific hypotheses or theories. We know they do no scientific research of any kind.

Also, I would like to add... I don't hate creationist, believe me I was there. I'm here to help others from falling into the creationist delusion, to debunk creationist lies and have a good laugh.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

ironically it is these people who want us to go back to the stone age and not have so much manufacturing and industrialization. You can try to discount this if you like, but it's in the Agenda 21/Millenium Declaration documents and statements of those who espouse it...

Well said. And the Rothschilds and the truly super elite will remain to govern the majority with an iron fist. Any one who hasn't studied Agenda 21 does themselves a disservice.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
How the fossil record has and will continue to shatter our preconceived beliefs we are unique among our linage.

Here is the entire program “The Planet of the Humans: The Leap to the Top.”

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Just to pick you up on this point of which I agree

Critical thinking is vital for any developing child and also adults
I believe ... Critical thinking should be taught in school

It is dangerous as you point out for any to simply accept what they are told as true no matter who is telling that "truth"
Only by applying one's own research ... be it researching existing scientific or other papers or following one's own thoughts through in a critical/questioning manner

This is where true science excels ... A passion to understand how things work in the real world
My close friend's great grandfather was a famous scientist ... a pioneer in the study of DNA ...
He was a contrary figure ... would not suffer fools yet a great Humanist ... His discovery's came from his passion to understand what he observed and he worked hard all his life ... the word obsession comes to mind
This sort of passion is shared in many fields including art music etc
It is what enriches the Human Race

Yet as Leonardo said ... he was glad he received no formal education as it made him think for himself

I became interested in Creationism when I found out that two young folks in my family fell into the trap. I was shocked at their lack of curiosity about their beliefs - they simply accepted the word of a junk bond salesman and marched on in lockstep with the cult. People are entitled to their religious beliefs. But they're not entitled to corrupt the mechanics of the real world to make their point. It reminds me of the Jim Jones cult in Guyana where they all committed suicide. Ken Ham and his minions have more plans behind the scenes than just their Ark and Dinosaur Park. Besides skimming a fortune off his followers, I wouldn't doubt that he plans for a real shocker in the future.

Part of this is the deterioration of public education in the U.S. They're dumbing them down as fast as they can. Why are our graduate schools in science, math and tech populated mostly by foreigners? Anyway - it's a subject for another thread.

I and others on this board continue to challenge them. Who knows - maybe one or two will finally read the posts and links and learn something!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I believe in God. you know the Jesus one...

BUT i also see science as something that is important AND enlightening. I'm on the fence with evolution and i find this thread not an argument for evolution in the slightest. Because they use a rock to smash things? they also use straws to stick down trees to grab ants inside a trunk. Very smart animals. I'm not convinced with this argument.

IF HOWEVER evolution is proved ONCE AND FOR ALL. i still would believe in God. (yes i know I'm one of the brainwashed) *rolls eyes*

peace and love brothas and sistas.

TESTIFY

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SGTkilt
IF HOWEVER evolution is proved ONCE AND FOR ALL. i still would believe in God.

First; It's kind of useless talking about 'proof' in science. 'Proof' is not a scientific concept where science in general is concerned (excluding it's usage in mathematics, which is a different thing altogether).

We can't even prove we are here with absolute certainty. Science is never 100% sure of anything. The closest you'll get is like 99.999% certainty.

For instance, most people would say if someone jumps off a skyscraper without any ropes or parachutes or other kinds of assistance, they will absolute with 100% certainty die. However, scientists will put a probability on it lower than 100%, because all sorts of things could happen - a freak wind gust could slow him just enough before he hits the ground, or some other statistically improbable event. For this reason they will only ever be like 98.9% (or a similar number) sure that death will result.

As it stands, the view of the overwhelming majority of science on the validity of the entire body of evidence for evolution is at about that level of certainty right now (and increasing with each new discovery). But it will never be 100%, because that is not how science works. It's an ever trending asymptote towards the flat line of absolute certainty.

Second; it does not necessarily follow that if you accept evolution you will then go on to disbelieve in your god. The overwhelming majority of religious people accept evolution.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join